Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day

Started by Morrolan, April 15, 2013, 12:37:21 PM

October 25, 2013, 03:18:01 AM #150 Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 03:43:08 AM by Kronibas
"'She would have been a good woman...' said the figure in a dark, hooded cloak, 'if it had been somebody there to backstab her every minute of her life.''

"I found out the crime don't matter. You can do one thing or you can do another, kill a man or steal his kank, because sooner or later you're going to forget what it was you done and just be punished for it."

Flannery O'Conner

"Even tough guys get duct-taped and hogtied," says Bushman, grinning widely.

Eldor of Kadius is here, unconscious and wearing a frilly silk dress

also, Lil Wayne

Sharply snapping at the teenage, skinny Runner, the gruff, muscular Sergeant says, in sirihish:
     "Tighten up your fucking swings, Runner! The gith ain't gonna lay down outta pity like the first whore you took to your apartment."

"In [ArmageddonMUD you have to be a deviant or die of boredom."

William Burroughs

If you meet [the Highlord's] men, dressed in black and jade,
You be careful what you say, and mindful of remarks made.
If they call you " pretty maid," and chuck you 'neath the chin,
Don't you tell where no one is, nor yet where no one's been

Kipling from "Smuggler's Song"... Alternatively, lullaby for Rebellion children.

Rinthers and would-be politikers, take heed:

"It was the root of street cool, too, the knowing posture that implied connection, invisible lines up to the hidden levels of influence."

Gibson, 'Neuromancer'

Praise from one's enemy is the most annoying, but also the most credible, of compliments. - The Rise of Rome, Anthony Everitt

Allanaki politics reallllllly remind me of Rome.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." - Julius Caesar

"You don't take your cat with you to go bird shopping. Not because the cat isn't polite, but because he's a cat."

"Susan smiled at me, giving Molly the Female Once-Over - a process by which one woman creates a detailed profile of another woman based upon about a million subtle details of clothing, jewelry, makeup, and body type, and then decides how much of a social threat she might be. Men have a parallel process, but it's binary: Does he have beer? If yes, will he share with me?"

Just started Reading the Dresden Files over again. I love this guy.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Snarling out as he turns his back and walks away, the angular, blond-haired man exclaims, in sunnydale-ish:
     "That's the thing about magic - it always has consequences. ALWAYS!"

The face-changing otherworldly being says, in sunnydale-ish:
     "It's not about right. It's not about wrong. It's about power."

Sighing wistfully, the athletic blonde woman asks, in sunnydale-ish:
    "Remember when things used to be all nice and... boring?"

Blinking and shaking her head, the freckle-faced redhead says, in sunnydale-ish:
     "....No."

"Hey, man. You need a knife?"
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on December 29, 2013, 10:19:21 AM
"Hey, man. You need a knife?"

Prince John: A knife! He's got a knife!
Eleanor: Of course he has a knife, he always has a knife, we all have knives! It's 1183 and we're barbarians! How clear we make it. Oh, my piglets, we are the origins of war: not history's forces, nor the times, nor justice, nor the lack of it, nor causes, nor religions, nor ideas, nor kinds of government, nor any other thing. We are the killers. We breed wars.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

January 16, 2014, 07:06:57 PM #163 Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:09:59 PM by Delirium
"The bodies of the Celtic dead were left where they were. They fertilized the ground, and the people of Massilia used their bones to fence fields. For some years, it was said that the grape harvests were unusually rich." - Anthony Everitt

"If there are gods to listen, they are monstrous gods who torment us for their sport. Who else would make a world like this, so full of bondage, and blood, and pain? Who else would shape us as they have?" -GRR Martin

"Good men will only go so far along dark paths. Others must walk the rest of the way." -Joe Abercrombie

The bodies of the Tuluki dead were left where they were. They fertilized the ground, and the people of Allanak used their bones to fence fields. For some years, it was said that the kalan harvests were unusually rich." - The Evil Cabbagegod.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

The naive young brunette says, in staccato-accented sirihish:
     "I want to die beautiful, you know."

With a knowing, sad smile, the androgynous, dark-haired man says, in staccato-accented sirihish:
     "Death leaves no beautiful corpses."

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
― Bruce Lee - Allanaki Vivaduan
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on January 28, 2014, 01:43:13 PM
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
― Bruce Lee - Allanaki Vivaduan

..Water can also cause some pretty sick burns when heated... Or frozen.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

The chinny, buff Legion Sergeant asks, in northern-accented sirihish, with a gravelly voice:
"You have the rookie?"

The sliced-up drug queen says, in northern-accented sirihish, calmly:
"Yes."

The chinny, buff Legion Sergeant asks, in northern-accented sirihish, gruffly:
"Alive or dead?"

The sliced-up drug queens says, in northern-accented sirihish, hesitating briefly to weigh her response, then with some attitude:
"Alive ... "

The chinny, buff Legion Sergeant says, in northern-accented sirihish, in a low growl:
"Make her dead."

"It's like my boob-sweat is cousins with my back-sweat and they're having a party downstairs!"
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bushranger on February 09, 2014, 12:03:36 AM
"It's like my boob-sweat is cousins with my back-sweat and they're having a party downstairs!"

OH god that line had me laughing so hard. I like Enlisted it's really charming.

Kenpachi to Yachiru after she told everyone why they were late.
She's small enough to sit on his shoulder

"You'll have to get down now. I've got to rampage."
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

"What are you doing firing Quirri? You can't fire Quirri. First of all, you don't have hiring and firing power."

"I do and I had to. She's crazy."

"Well, that's why you don't fire her. You don't fire crazy. You never fire crazy."
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

"I care deeply about Tan Muark culture."

"You're wearing gwoshi-skin boots."

"Well, I don't care about gwoshi!"

"We're a drinking unit with a Byn problem."