Armageddon IRC Channel

Started by Alesan, April 06, 2013, 10:40:36 PM

I'm to assume this no longer exists, as I read of it in the archives but there's no mention of it anywhere else. Is a shame, since I can't access the helper chat from my pc and I use IRC on a daily basis.

I have no idea if the IRC channel exists anymore either, but if you have a question, you could always shoot a PM to a helper.  Personally, I'm also available on gchat, and other helpers may be as well.

There used to also be a list of helper emails and IM usernames, but it seems staff may have removed it.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

If you want to chat we've got a Teamspeak Server. Some people talk, others just type or whatever. Sometimes Staff member come in to talk too. All rules of the GDB apply there.

sj01.gameservers.com:9363   Is the new server address.

You can get Teamspeak3 here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3

I was asking specifically about IRC because I prefer it, though if Helpers use AIM or email and publicize that, I could do that, too.

April 07, 2013, 12:02:08 AM #4 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:04:53 AM by Rhyden
There's always helperchat.

edit: I should really read the entire op. >.<

You can shoot me an email at rhyden.arm@gmail.com too if helperchat doesn't work for you.

Alternatively you can always submit a request and allow staff to answer any questions you have.

A bit late to the party. But as you can see,  just popping a question here will generally get you a few quick answers too.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

is there a new IRC channel out there somewhere?

Quote from: OSOK on January 18, 2014, 08:10:37 AM
is there a new IRC channel out there somewhere?

It would be nice since I lurk around freenode a lot because of what I do in the Ubuntu Community.  But I think we just use TeamSpeak nowadays and the helper chat.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Oh IRC days.  I remember those.

Here's the Teamspeak thread.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on January 18, 2014, 12:29:30 PM
Oh IRC days.  I remember those.

And there is still some who use it. ;)
Fredd-

Not like it used to be. Staff was in there a lot, which is why it was kept around for so long.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on January 18, 2014, 04:28:11 PM
Not like it used to be. Staff was in there a lot, which is why it was kept around for so long.

IRC or the TeamSpeak?
Fredd-

IRC.
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

The TS channel has regular staff visits, too.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I think we ,as a ArmMUD community, moved on to better option for chatting since it offers voice chatting.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on January 20, 2014, 08:39:39 AM
I think we ,as a ArmMUD community, moved on to better option for chatting since it offers voice chatting.

Eh. I lost interest in it because of the voice chatting. I have nerve damage in my ears and it affects my word recognition. So I don't know the words to a lot of my favorite songs unless I looked them up or bought the sheet music. I can hear people talking on the phone and recognize their voice, but I sometimes don't catch what they're saying. If someone is turned away from me, I might miss a few words of whatever it is they're trying to tell me. Trying to listen to a bunch of people with varying accents and volume controls on their microphones, through the internet, is a huge huge chore for me. It's easier for me to just not bother at all.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Yah, gotta say I'm not a huge fan of the voice chat either. It can be fun, but I can't be in there when I'm actually Arming, because I can't focus at all with background noise. I'd end up typing what someone said in the voice chat randomly into a sentence and not noticing until after I hit enter. :-p
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

I sit in there with the sound muted, too. Teamspeak allows for just typing anyway.

Quote from: Patuk on January 20, 2014, 09:08:43 AM
I sit in there with the sound muted, too. Teamspeak allows for just typing anyway.

So, if there's a bunch of people in there, and no one is typing, but everyone is using voice - you aren't involved at all in the conversation. What's the point of being there at all, in those situations? That's why I don't bother anymore. Because some people use primarily voice, so I'm left out of the conversation or only get to see some of it - and have to ask people to "translate" (type what someone just said over voice) just to be involved.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I never really talk on it. It doesn't really take effort to be logged into the teamspeak anyway. If I'm going to miss out on some of the spoken conversations that's fine by me, I can type anyway. The channel really isn't a big deal.

I rarely go into TS, but my family is so active, I never have the sound or my mic on.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

January 21, 2014, 02:11:31 PM #22 Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:07:22 PM by Yummri
I much prefer Skype personally. I have TS but the quality usually isn't there for me and people popping in and out with out warning can be hard to deal with.

XMMP is the way I go,
Fredd-

There's another dutch guy in the ts. He's also very quiet

I'm suffering a minor existential crisis here dude, what's going on