Discussion of changes to Armageddon Website

Started by Morgenes, April 01, 2013, 12:10:18 AM

Oh, private clan documentation is being (has been?) phased out in favor of documentation posts/subs in clan-specific GDB forums.

August 29, 2013, 11:38:03 AM #427 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:41:22 AM by Norcal
I have been having problems for about a week now  getting the request tool to show my previous request list, and also for the preview to function correctly. Is this just me or is it a more widespread problem? In either case, what to do?

Aha! Figured it out.  I had to switch to compatibility view in my browser. The newest update explorer update must be a bit incompatible with the page.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: Norcal on August 29, 2013, 11:38:03 AM
I have been having problems for about a week now  getting the request tool to show my previous request list, and also for the preview to function correctly. Is this just me or is it a more widespread problem? In either case, what to do?

Aha! Figured it out.  I had to switch to compatibility view in my browser. The newest update explorer update must be a bit incompatible with the page.

Using Internet explorer is bad for your health.

Quote from: Myhrrn on September 01, 2013, 10:47:01 PM

Internet Explorer is a program used to install Google Chrome.

Quote from: Rhyden on September 01, 2013, 10:51:07 PM
Quote from: Myhrrn on September 01, 2013, 10:47:01 PM

Internet Explorer is a program used to install Google Chrome.

I installed Chrome just fine without even needing IE. Heck I couldn't even install IE on my computer if I tried... The joys and awesomeness of running linux.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

September 06, 2013, 10:45:57 AM #431 Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:04:27 PM by Barzalene
Typo in the into section What You Know Allanak Economy -Tekolnes is missing his T

(You all know how I know this, right?)

In the What You Know Labyrinth

We should fix "an westsider" "a eastsider"

city-state in some places and city state in others.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on September 06, 2013, 10:45:57 AM
In the What You Know Labyrinth

We should fix "an westsider" "a eastsider"

I dig this idea.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I went to fix those and they had already been fixed!

Ginka knows.

Remember those delightful history stories written by staff members in the year 2006?

http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,24087.0.html

I was hoping we could implement them into the website, and have links off the main history page to the individual stories - as they are canon and part of the history of the game.

pppppplease?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I know this was said once but I'm lazy to look for it, but... Is there a reason why there is reference to how long the server has been running for?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Alright I'm gonna weight in.

Logging into the request tool requires clicking on the little person thing, but how does that translate into a screen reader? I'm just curious if the screen reader will go "request tool login" or whatever when it's highlighted. If it does, hey, cool. If not, perhaps that's something to look into?
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Forgive me if this has already been brought up earlier in the thread, but I think it would be nice if the uptime was shown on the main page like it used to be. This is to keep me from freaking out when my connection drops. I liked being able to check the main page to see if it was just me or if the whole game went down.