Discussion of Changes to ArmageddonMUD

Started by Adhira, March 31, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

Quote from: greasygemo on March 31, 2013, 02:19:04 PM
Oh god, I have to say it..

Appeal to Authority/Faith/Morality ARE ALL LOGICAL FALLACIES

Lololololo

There is no fallacy in the Good Book.

All new pcs must have non-transparent proof of their standing as a Christian and firm belief that their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ died for their sins, arose on the third day, and then ascended into heaven, to someday return and save mankind at the end of days, or their application will be sent back with a note. If a player hits four rejected apps with this flag, their account will be banned.

Sex, torture, imm plots, whatever ...  but telling me I can't cuss ...  I won't have to quit this game, you'll ban me for repetitive rulebreaking (unintentional on my behalf).

Quote from: Kismetic on March 31, 2013, 02:20:51 PM
Sex, torture, imm plots, whatever ...  but telling me I can't cuss ...  I won't have to quit this game, you'll ban me for repetitive rulebreaking (unintentional on my behalf).

Why can't you pose without curse words?  Set up a macro to change them to less offensive words.  It wouldn't be hard to do, I'd even help you out with it.

I really feel quite strongly that we should all rally around Friday's protest by masturbation idea.

Last time I designed a filter for curse words I replaced them with things like "strawberry" that made no sense, and then started replacing random words regardless of offensive content.

I am not someone to trust with the tools of censorship.

Quote from: maxid on March 31, 2013, 02:19:47 PM
Quote from: greasygemo on March 31, 2013, 02:19:04 PM
Oh god, I have to say it..

Appeal to Authority/Faith/Morality ARE ALL LOGICAL FALLACIES

Lololololo

..... No. No I'm not even going there. I refuse to derail the thread. Good day Sir.
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Quote from: Namino on March 31, 2013, 02:22:17 PM
I really feel quite strongly that we should all rally around Friday's protest by masturbation idea.

Let's all meet at the Sanctuary, tonight, at 5pm EST, and sit in silence at the bar while masturbating in protest.

The great masturb-o-thon of 2013, it shall be remembered!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

It feels like cheating to have your pranks on march 31st. I could understand if it were posted at a time when it was April 1st somewhere, but this was pretty early in the morning.

I'm calling shenanigans

Quote from: Quell on March 31, 2013, 02:25:57 PM
It feels like cheating to have your pranks on march 31st. I could understand if it were posted at a time when it was April 1st somewhere, but this was pretty early in the morning.

I'm calling shenanigans
New Zealand=Where Adhira is from.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: greasygemo on March 31, 2013, 02:23:02 PM

..... No. No I'm not even going there. I refuse to derail the thread. Good day Sir.

[/quote]

Tell me the fallacy in the Golden Rule. We should be a lot kinder to each other.  I feel that this overemphasis on violence is a corruptign influance on us.  Prove me wrong.

Maxid ...  fuck that.  

Please refrain from cursing at me.  A simple 'flip' that or whatever else is much kinder.

I said don't derail the thread!!
*peer*
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Maxid - Seeing you've only played since 09, ive been at it since 03 or something around there. If you were to take away what the game is and change it to roleplay only when the game is already an awesome game and people can adapt to how it is now, this is Armageddon. Not some bull crap little game. I play Arm because its unique, you don't like how it is now, leave. If they change I bet people will leave.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

The fallacy in the Golden Rule is that what you would have others do unto you is not what others may want done unto them.

That might be off topic though.

Sorry GG.

Quote from: greasygemo on March 31, 2013, 02:30:13 PM
*peer*

I'm not, we're discussing the changes.  Please emphasize your position against them without cursing or logical fallacies.

Quote from: Kalai on March 31, 2013, 02:31:27 PM
The fallacy in the Golden Rule is that what you would have others do unto you is not what others may want done unto them.

There is no fallacy in the Golden Rule.

I'm particularly excited about the ooc channels. Imagine, the GDB in a constant stream across the screen.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on March 31, 2013, 02:33:01 PM
I'm particularly excited about the ooc channels. Imagine, the GDB in a constant stream across the screen.

I agree!  It would help people get acclimated and facilitate Rp!

They'll have to go room by room looking over the descriptions.  Look at all the echoes.  Take out the progs in some places (like the strippers).  Have to get rid of spice sifters...all that code.  Look at all the NPCs everywhere.  That whimpering burned kid in Tuluk has to go...almost everyone in Nak needs to be rewritten!

Luirs ... Luirs has to go.  There's just no way to reprogram our ideas about Luirs!  It's woven into the fabric of our memories!  It has a mattress in the damn (oops, darn)  bar!  Yes, Luirs must be swallowed by the earth.  No, fireballs, that's better.  Biblical.  Hey, a flood!  There's precedence!

A new call for a staffer position will go out, to specialize in policing for uses of the f-word; they'll do a log search every day, write out the chastising messages, handle all the irritated replies.  This will be a full-time job. Better make it two!

Oh, my, I think poisoning will need to go away entirely.  Backstabbing.  Or at least the echoes made to be more...friendly sounding.

;D

Warning - while you were typing 25 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
ROFL

I argue that 'maiden' should stay, for all of our women henceforth will be dainty femmes who do not engage in sexual roleplay.

Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: maxid on March 31, 2013, 02:31:38 PM
Quote from: greasygemo on March 31, 2013, 02:30:13 PM
*peer*

I'm not, we're discussing the changes.  Please emphasize your position against them without cursing or logical fallacies.

Quote from: Kalai on March 31, 2013, 02:31:27 PM

There is no fallacy in the Golden Rule.
Great! I'll bring the whips.  ;)

Don't worry, I'll only use them codedly.

Quote from: Delirium on March 31, 2013, 02:36:14 PM
I argue that 'maiden' should stay, for all of our women henceforth will be dainty femmes who do not engage in sexual roleplay.

Quotehelp warrior

Warriors                                                             (Guilds)

There is only one calling which warriors follow: to fight, and perhaps
to die fighting. Although motivated by innumerable goals, there are a few
commonalities among warriors. In nearly all warriors there exists some
notion of honour and fairness, the rescuing of maidens from sexual
roleplay and often a vague conception of glory.

A warrior's skills involve only the many aspects of fighting. Every
warrior possesses an aptitude for all weapons, and can learn to master them
far beyond the meagre abilities of other guilds. Unarmed combat, expert
battle maneuvers such as disarming, the ability to hurl missiles, strategic
withdrawl, and the eventual expert use of bows and arrows are all part of a
warrior's skills.  Some master warriors can learn to bandage the wounded.

Warriors are the easiest persons to employ. They are invaluable as
guards, soldiers, mercenaries, military advisors, outriders, scouts,
gladiators, or even as assassins and spies. No other guild can match a
warrior's combat prowess, and thus all warriors are much needed parts of
any clan or mercantile operation.

Master warriors are sometimes unwillingly and automatically nominated as
leaders of small armies, or as captains of tribes and outposts.

Notes:
     Warrior is one of the three guilds that are _highly recommended_ for new
players to choose.

See also:
  Combat, Fighting Styles

Delay:
  after

Quote from: Kalai on March 31, 2013, 02:38:52 PM

Great! I'll bring the whips.  ;)

Once we're married, certainly.  I assume you understand that 'respecting (my/your) sexual boundaries' is a thing you also support, as the Golden Rule does.