Discussion of Changes to ArmageddonMUD

Started by Adhira, March 31, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

Kurac will be shifting to stuffed animal production.

I am reminiscing about how the announcement of Arm Reborn was announced around April Fool's Day and everyone was freaking out and not sure if it was real too.

I have no idea if this is a joke or not but if it is, this trolling is epic.

I once realized I was in an IG relationship and the person OOC was under eighteen.  It was weird.  Luckily we never mudsexorzed but still.  I can see how sexual RP could have legal issues.  I'd sooner see Arm be an eighteen plus game than a PG game.  Not that I play anymore, but ya' know.

It's got to be an April's Fools joke....
Where is it April 1 already?  Somewhere?

It's like Seven in the morning on April 1st in New Zealand.

Quote from: Refugee on March 31, 2013, 01:56:33 PM
I'm in favor of the first two PCs being human.  

+1
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Namino on March 31, 2013, 02:02:53 PM
It's like Seven in the morning on April 1st in New Zealand.

Ahhha.....I feel better.

The mantis head has been deemed too scary for family audiences and will be replaced by a friendly Elkrosian creature. These creatures will also be introduced to the game and players will be allowed to catch them. The creatures will help their masters fight off mobs and gain experience. Additionally, the "Trainer and the Gaj" and "PokeSanctuary" will be introduced in the major cities to heal these creatures.

Smoking pot leads to mudsexing all day long.

Don't smoke pot.

I smoke pot.

I tried rubbing marijuana oil on my private parts to stop but it's not working.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Its unfortunate because half this stuff is good...

Limiting new account to humans.
Staff doing plots again.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

Quote from: maxid on March 31, 2013, 02:00:20 PM
Quote from: Fredd on March 31, 2013, 01:57:12 PM
Quote from: Namino on March 31, 2013, 01:53:06 PM
Quote from: Is Friday on March 31, 2013, 01:48:43 PM
I really hope these changes aren't a joke. Some players are going to lose their minds that you want to police their mudsex, though. Ahahaa... ahahaha... ahahahaa.... :D

I admin'd a MUD once where we tried to tell people to stop having mudsex.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but for the sake of example, if we had like 100 active accounts, after we had like 20. I think it's less about the mudsex and more about the perceived restriction of freedom to RP, maybe? I don't remember the reasoning behind all the complaints anymore. But there were a lot.

It's the restriction on RP. I feel there should ALWAYS be consent. As many people don't want to do this. Or maybe only want to do it every once in a while. But it's a game, and most roleplayers don't want there roleplay to be restricted for asinine reasons.

Why are the reasons asinine?  There are legal and moral reasons to do this and I would like to hear your description about why the reasons are asinine.

Looooooooooool

Moral reasons....

...in a game where beating a half-breed to death because they annoyed you, snapping a gickers throat just for being a finger wiggler, murdering a guy for his boots, mugging a guy for his pack, poisoning your mates drink for revenge, hiring a legal, santioned assassin to eliminate a rival, dragging someone into an alley and ganking them because they said something negative about the highlord...

...I'm not sure I want to say we should start changing things for -moral- reasons xD

I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Can we also get rid of

-Lass
-Petite
-Lanky
-Slender
-Sinewy

It's been used too much and is HARDLY original anymore.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Id on't know why you all think this is an April Fool's Joke.  Arm 2.0 was announced on April Fools, and it's not even 4/1 in most of the world.

I really hope these changes aren't a joke. Some players are going to lose their minds that you want to police their mudsex, though. Ahahaa... ahahaha... ahahahaa.... :D

I don't remember the exact numbers, but for the sake of example, if we had like 100 active accounts, after we had like 20. I think it's less about the mudsex and more about the perceived restriction of freedom to RP, maybe? I don't remember the reasoning behind all the complaints anymore. But there were a lot.

It's the restriction on RP. I feel there should ALWAYS be consent. As many people don't want to do this. Or maybe only want to do it every once in a while. But it's a game, and most roleplayers don't want there roleplay to be restricted for asinine reasons.

Why are the reasons asinine?  There are legal and moral reasons to do this and I would like to hear your description about why the reasons are asinine.

because this game world was built to be gritty. PG. Will force the removal of many echoes in the game, the strippers that add to the feel of certain places, the removal of spice,  no one will be getting drunk. These changes would probably lose more people then they would bring in. so they are...

Definition of ASININE
: extremely or utterly foolish <an asinine excuse>
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Barsook on March 31, 2013, 02:03:20 PM
Quote from: Refugee on March 31, 2013, 01:56:33 PM
I'm in favor of the first two PCs being human.  

+1

if they're anything like my pack of breeds and elves were, with even the best intentions, they're going to look back on their first days and facepalm so hard they'll black out.

From now on, every time you idle for longer than five minutes, the boogeyman with long nails digs up out of the earth in your room, steals one-tenth of your soul and then leaves. This is to discourage being idle, which Adhira is allergic to. Now a few times aren't going to be obvious, but on the fifth time you're going to notice you don't particularly care for some of your hobbies anymore, on the sixth time you'll start to dislike the taste of cooked meat, and you really, really want to start groveling like a bitch if you're on your ninth or tenth time. Not that you won't be able to play anymore--- its just that, once you get there, you won't want to.

Quote from: greasygemo on March 31, 2013, 02:07:36 PM

Looooooooooool

Moral reasons....

...in a game where beating a half-breed to death because they annoyed you, snapping a gickers throat just for being a finger wiggler, murdering a guy for his boots, mugging a guy for his pack, poisoning your mates drink for revenge, hiring a legal, santioned assassin to eliminate a rival, dragging someone into an alley and ganking them because they said something negative about the highlord...

...I'm not sure I want to say we should start changing things for -moral- reasons xD

Maybe we should get rid of this stuff too.  It's unChristian.

Quote from: Fredd on March 31, 2013, 02:08:34 PM
because this game world was built to be gritty. PG. Will force the removal of many echoes in the game, the strippers that add to the feel of certain places, the removal of spice,  no one will be getting drunk. These changes would probably lose more people then they would bring in. so they are...

Definition of ASININE

See above, you've made no argument about how they add to the game, only an appeal to tradition.  A logical fallacy, I mgiht add.

I think the real concern here is allowing veterans to post in the newbie forum. Slippery slope, that.

Staff:

Are you going to setup a webcam service for every account, so you can watch us play to make sure we're not touching ourselves while our PCs flirt at the tavern? God, you're taking away our freedoms.

MY FREEEDDDOMMMMSSSS!
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Ooh ooh, also, we can replace all the weapons with tickle-sticks, Ooooh, and all the poisons with soda-pop! Then, all the homeless people, we should round those up and "quietly send them away" then burn down the rinth and the warrens, and build suburbs! It'll be awesome.

Well, I'm still going to touch myself to this PG roleplay. You can't stop me. Go ahead and try.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

:o No. Just no. Don't do it.  
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

Quote from: greasygemo on March 31, 2013, 02:15:08 PM
Ooh ooh, also, we can replace all the weapons with tickle-sticks, Ooooh, and all the poisons with soda-pop! Then, all the homeless people, we should round those up and "quietly send them away" then burn down the rinth and the warrens, and build suburbs! It'll be awesome.

Maybe not ticklesticks, but we should have less of an emphasis on violence and combat.  We should remove all offensive skills except offense and defense.  Let's reduce the amount of combat in the game, and make it a more roleplay intensive environment.  It's not a hack and slash mud, guys.

Quote from: Rogerthat on March 31, 2013, 02:16:42 PM
:o No. Just no. Don't do it.  

Don't do what?  Please expand.

Quote from: maxid on March 31, 2013, 02:08:46 PM
Quote from: greasygemo on March 31, 2013, 02:07:36 PM

Looooooooooool

Moral reasons....

Maybe we should get rid of this stuff too.  It's unChristian.

Quote from: Fredd on March 31, 2013, 02:08:34 PM

Definition of ASININE

See above, you've made no argument about how they add to the game, only an appeal to tradition.  A logical fallacy, I mgiht add.

Oh god, I have to say it..

Appeal to Authority/Faith/Morality ARE ALL LOGICAL FALLACIES

Lololololo

Hahah, April Fool's.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis