Sexual Taboos

Started by MeTekillot, March 27, 2013, 09:36:48 PM

Quote from: Iiyola on April 05, 2013, 08:15:28 PM
Not only that...

When I was pregnant I wasn't able to do much at all! It's not just a matter of wanting, it's also a matter of physically not being able to (unless we all roleplay our perfect pregnancies with twins who are all perfectly healthy despite the amount of booze and spice consumed).

By -far- most pregnancies do not end in bed rest. I had 5, never on bed rest, did everything I normally did, I didn't waddle, I climbed trees, went to the beach and swam, walked everywhere and when it came time to push them out? Three - six pushes per kid and they're out. My largest was almost 9lbs. It's entirely dependent on the woman and how well they deal with shit. A whiner is gonna be a whiner even while pregnant, probably more so, a champion is gonna be a champion till the end, even if they die in childbirth.

I would think Zalanthan women are heartier, especially if they're into martial arts or living off the wilds. I can see a midwife telling a hunter she should stick to small game and the Byn might make a Trooper hang back on dangerous missions, Houses might shuffle their employees around to lighter duty too if they're life sworn and providing more loyal minions, hell, they might even provide a midwife to facilitate the birth.

I'd think maternal instincts will still be present, the want to protect, the want to be with it when it can't be taken care of by others yet but frequently one nursing mother will provide sustenance to another baby so within clans, wouldn't they hook a sistah up?

Also the amount of addiction needed to adversely affect a fetus is huge and must be done long term. Having an ale a day wouldn't, having warspice all day every day would.

Back on topic people! Making spiced up babies is NOT taboo in the Highlord's City.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on April 05, 2013, 10:11:41 PM
Quote from: Iiyola on April 05, 2013, 08:15:28 PM
Not only that...

When I was pregnant I wasn't able to do much at all! It's not just a matter of wanting, it's also a matter of physically not being able to (unless we all roleplay our perfect pregnancies with twins who are all perfectly healthy despite the amount of booze and spice consumed).

By -far- most pregnancies do not end in bed rest. I had 5, never on bed rest, did everything I normally did, I didn't waddle, I climbed trees, went to the beach and swam, walked everywhere and when it came time to push them out? Three - six pushes per kid and they're out. My largest was almost 9lbs. It's entirely dependent on the woman and how well they deal with shit. A whiner is gonna be a whiner even while pregnant, probably more so, a champion is gonna be a champion till the end, even if they die in childbirth.

I would think Zalanthan women are heartier, especially if they're into martial arts or living off the wilds. I can see a midwife telling a hunter she should stick to small game and the Byn might make a Trooper hang back on dangerous missions, Houses might shuffle their employees around to lighter duty too if they're life sworn and providing more loyal minions, hell, they might even provide a midwife to facilitate the birth.

I'd think maternal instincts will still be present, the want to protect, the want to be with it when it can't be taken care of by others yet but frequently one nursing mother will provide sustenance to another baby so within clans, wouldn't they hook a sistah up?

Also the amount of addiction needed to adversely affect a fetus is huge and must be done long term. Having an ale a day wouldn't, having warspice all day every day would.

Back on topic people! Making spiced up babies is NOT taboo in the Highlord's City.

My best friend had a competitive swimmer as a prof once, and she had to have her baby by Dec 31st for to save some money for tax purposes. She would go on marathon hikes to urge herself into labor. One of 'em eventually worked.

April 06, 2013, 07:40:13 AM #102 Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:50:30 AM by Booya

That's less to do with how you mentally coped with a problematic pregnancy and more to do with your body sounding particularly suited to easy, problem-free childbearing. Pretty insensitive thing to say to Iyola after what she's been through.  :-\

To punish you Shaleah, I didn't brag that time before but I was at this concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8JvMdEN4TU

Edit: Oops, I posted a RAT and this isn't the RAT thread. On topic:

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 27, 2013, 11:31:48 PM
'Gickers. Gypsies. Northern/Southerners. Rinthers.

And children, the dead and across races. Gickers and mixing races should provoke the most reaction in the playerbase, as they seem mostly played as being attractive physically,  so reaction needs to be more actively and consciously pushed. It comes far more naturally and easier to display suitable reactions to people kanking children and dead people.

Quote from: Booya on April 06, 2013, 07:40:13 AM

That's less to do with how you mentally coped with a problematic pregnancy and more to do with your body sounding particularly suited to easy, problem-free childbearing. Pretty insensitive thing to say to Iyola after what she's been through.  :-\

To punish you Shaleah, I didn't brag that time before but I was at this concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8JvMdEN4TU

Edit: Oops, I posted a RAT and this isn't the RAT thread. On topic:

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 27, 2013, 11:31:48 PM
'Gickers. Gypsies. Northern/Southerners. Rinthers.

And children, the dead and across races. Gickers and mixing races should provoke the most reaction in the playerbase, as they seem mostly played as being attractive physically,  so reaction needs to be more actively and consciously pushed. It comes far more naturally and easier to display suitable reactions to people kanking children and dead people.

Hey now, this was not personalized to Iiyola, I should slap you for even suggesting it! I was saying a general "it's all personal more than strictly PHYSICAL", if it was physical then by far the majority would end up in the same boat, like morning sickness, bloating, boob pain. There is universal and there isn't, bed rest is not. Haysoos!

As for the punishment. I'll bend over for you -any- day you keep hittin' me like that!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Okay, fair enough. Sorry for taking that the wrong way! For what it's worth, I agree if you're talking about morning sickness, bloating, boob pain! I'm with the Champions there. :P

If players want to have their Zalanthan women have bodies like Shaleah's, go for it. If they want to play out being precious, or having troubles go for it. But either way there's no one right way for other characters to react to your pregnant character. They're probably only special in that state to you, and maybe their mate.

Quote from: Booya on April 06, 2013, 08:55:42 AM
If players want to have their Zalanthan women have bodies like Shaleah's, go for it. If they want to play out being precious, or having troubles go for it. But either way there's no one right way for other characters to react to your pregnant character. They're probably only special in that state to you, and maybe their mate.
* ShaLeah paid dearly for those easy pregnancies with a total of A HUNDRED FORTY SIX (146) hours of labor.

The majority of women who have more than one child have labors that get consecutively shorter, I didn't really fall into that category.

I like having kids on Arm, takes much less time.

Moral of the story?

Punishment by musex (music) would not be considered taboo on Zalanthas.
Preggo fetishes would not be taboo on Zalanthas therefore lactation fetishes wouldn't be either. Using the placenta in any sexual fashion, would be taboo.
Sexy time while in labor, -might- be taboo.

Someone should compile a list, like that Neat Little Things thread.

QuoteUsing the placenta in any sexual fashion, would be taboo.

I threw up in my mouth a little.

Actual sex might be, but I've heard very interesting things said about constant sexual stimulation during labor making the contractions like a long and very intense orgasm and actually easing birthing pains a -lot-.

Given the content of the placenta and the things I've heard about people eating them, I would think that doing something sexual would be kind of a waste when you could eat them instead.

Agreed on the pregnancy and lactation fetishes though.  :D

Too gross? Sorry Lukoyin!
* AmandaGreathouse waves at ShaLeah!
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Lukoyin on April 06, 2013, 12:05:00 PM
QuoteUsing the placenta in any sexual fashion, would be taboo.

I threw up in my mouth a little.

Throwing up a little in someone's mouth during sex would probably be a sexual taboo.

But with what I've been reading on this thread, I'm not so sure anymore  :-\
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Don't let AGH and Shal trick you, Malken. Eating placenta during sex/childbirth is not abnormal.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 06, 2013, 04:11:01 PM
Don't let AGH and Shal trick you, Malken. Eating placenta during sex/childbirth is not abnormal.

Hey hey hey now, lest we misunderstand:

sexual stuff with the placenta, I think wouldn't really be considered much other than a waste of perfectly good nutrients.

After childbirth.

Dunno who'd eat placenta while kanking, that's just yuk. ;)

Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Delirium on April 05, 2013, 04:39:01 PM
There is something a little difficult to believe about an 8-months pregnant woman riding a bug into the wastes, getting into fights with savage beasts, taking a vicious wound to the waist and having a healthy baby with a problem-free delivery a few weeks later. That seems more like a hell of a way to get an abortion...

I read that and the first thing that popped into my head was, 'The kid is going to go far in the Byn'.

Also, thread is taking a turn for the strange. And I like it.

Carry on.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

So long as people choose to roleplay injury or some form of hindrance to themselves, I will RP that they are stupid for not recognizing "super obvious handicap". If you want to RP an injury you can do that. You can't just get the special treatment and cool doctor RP them bounce back when it's convenient, if you are still injured. You're either roleplaying a handicap or you aren't.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on April 06, 2013, 04:25:01 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 06, 2013, 04:11:01 PM

sexual stuff with the placenta, I think wouldn't really be considered much other than a waste of perfectly good nutrients.

I think that's your opinion and not an established norm within the games documentation. Tradition can very well overrule reason. In this case  I believe placentasex would be a very defining element of Zalanthas culture!

April 06, 2013, 06:45:27 PM #114 Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:47:46 PM by Lutagar
ANYTHING THAT MOVES (OR DOESN'T RUN AWAY FAST ENOUGH)

Quote from: Iiyola on April 04, 2013, 07:17:54 PM
Year, I'm watching those shows and they make me extemely angry.

((sorry for the derail))

The problem is the Zalanthian sexuality. Man and woman are equal but the problem I've experienced a few times IC is that the female always is the one who has to be careful/take a break/relies on others when she's pregnant. It still gives me a sense of (even though I played a strong, dominant woman who was with child) the woman having to rely on her partner (whether male or female) and thus, becoming vulnerable.

But is having some degree of vulnerability a bad thing? Does a person always have to be hard as steel? Should we not all have moments where there is a chink in the armor?

It would seem that vulnerability is a passing one after all, to me this is not a problem as much an accentuating moment in the pc's live and players rp. 
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Booya on April 06, 2013, 08:55:42 AM
Okay, fair enough. Sorry for taking that the wrong way! For what it's worth, I agree if you're talking about morning sickness, bloating, boob pain! I'm with the Champions there. :P

Agreed. But still disagree with women riding mounts and climbing when pregnant.

I swear riding a mount can cause miscarriage, and I know falling off a cliff can!
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on April 06, 2013, 08:32:59 PM
Agreed. But still disagree with women riding mounts and climbing when pregnant.

I swear riding a mount can cause miscarriage, and I know falling off a cliff can!

Just like riding for too long or falling off a cliff can cause testicular torsion, which in turn can and will cause infertility since there is no way that someone could operate in time to prevent it from cutting off the blood flow.

But nobody ever rp that stuff either :(

Riding a mount won't cause miscarriage. An accident with the mount is a different story. (one of Hollands greatest dressage riders rode on the Olympics while she was pregnant, around 20 weeks give or take) and I've known women who have ridden their horse the same week they gave birth. However. They of course weren't able to ride as they usually would. So in comparison: hunting and traveling the Known would probably be possible until 7 to 8 months but mind, it would get extremely difficult to mount a mount with a fat belly like that. Besides, does a mother want to walk the risk of taking a (tainted) arrow? Or fall off their mount? Or get bit in the belly by a beast? Technically the mount could trip. There's always that risk.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Lutagar on April 06, 2013, 06:45:27 PM
ANYTHING THAT MOVES (OR DOESN'T RUN AWAY FAST ENOUGH)

This one is by far my favorite!

Most mounts in Arm are waaay bigger than a horse, with a totally different style of saddlery, riding and mounting (ladders to get on an inix???)...each creature would have a completely different gait and level of bumpiness, none of which would be much like a horse. Ox and erdlu would be the most similar, with the rider straddling. Inix and beetles would probably be more like an elephant, with a seat set up above, so less bumpiness and no straddling (because you'd never get your legs around that anyway, would you?)...and I don't imagine beetles are bumpy at all anyway?

Just thoughts...

Climbing would be SO difficult heavily pregnant though, that bump would seriously get in the way and it would be literally impossible to keep your weight in and against the 'wall'.

Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Sex with your mount ...  is that where we are in this thread?   :-\

We are laughing in teamspeak right now.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Even in a world that happens to have modern medicine (i.e. ours), childbirth isn't exactly a safe endeavor.  The maternal mortality rate in "developing" countries is as high as 5-10%.  And the rates of terrible but nonfatal complications are much more common.  That doesn't necessarily mean that childbirth needs to be that dangerous in Zalanthas, but the RL facts are an important frame of reference.

Now, back to talk of placenta sex with your war beetle.
"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

- some dude

Well, I'll be damned. My third-grade teacher was right after all. Pretty sure I have vivid memories of her telling us that it was probably the healthiest thing to eat ever.