Setting triggers and how they work?

Started by Gunnerblaster, March 25, 2013, 06:31:35 PM

Just chiming in to say that sound triggers are often life saving and make this game about twice as survivable. The game has some sounds built in, but the more you think of when it is most useful to be alerted to look at the screen, the more likely you are to be a true survivor.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I use sound triggers to alert me when someone asks to disengage when sparring, as well as making that line show up with a red background.  It can be easy to miss sometimes.

Also when a bahamet walks into the room!  I've missed that a couple of times when they'd walk in as I was doing my initial look around on entering a room.

And when someone contacts me, I have a beep, because sometimes I miss that if I'm traveling.

Also when my hp, move, or stun drops below a certain point, I'll have a beep.  It can get annoying when lugging heavy loads across the city, but you can always disable it.

I've thought of looking up some appropriate sounds to use instead of the default beep but have never taken the time to look for it.  It'd be fun though.

Quote from: Harmless on April 04, 2013, 11:32:19 AM
Just chiming in to say that sound triggers are often life saving and make this game about twice as survivable. The game has some sounds built in, but the more you think of when it is most useful to be alerted to look at the screen, the more likely you are to be a true survivor.

You make a good point.  Thinking about it - having a trigger to audibly alert certain lines of text that warn of various tricksy holes into which one might fall (or highlighting them, I suppose) is a cool idea.  As are audible alerts for templars, sneaky peeps and other things.

In fact, setting up a trigger so when I'm AFK that will audibly alert me on any event might be useful.  Hrm.