MUShClient aliases

Started by spicemustflow, March 05, 2013, 01:17:23 PM

Hi, I'm a new player, very excited to be here.

How do I set up an alias in MUSHclient that's only a part of what I want to do. Say I want to change ldesc to be 'cd' but then if I type 'cd is sitting on a tree', it won't work. In short, I want it to be parsed before being sent to the world. help. There was a tiny option that allowed that, but I can't find it now.

lovely game, btw

March 05, 2013, 02:17:42 PM #1 Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:31:50 PM by Jenred
Game > Configure > Aliases

Add:
Alias: What you want the aliased text to be. For example: cd * (the * is required)
Send: change ldesc %1 (the %1 is required)

Quotecd is standing here, looking menacing!
> change ldesc is standing here looking menacing!

The more variables, the more *s and %#s you need.

For example, if you were rich and had multiple clothes or something.

Alias: dress self * *
Send: get %1 %2; wear %1

Quotedress self dress chest
> get dress chest; wear dress
dress self hat hatrack
>get hat hatrack; wear hat
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

Thanks, Jenred. I tried it on another MUD and it doesn't work, I'll try later when I have some "free time". Probably it's just me having a "learning disability". Do I sent it to the world or to output or command?

Here is what it should look like in your alias config

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tested and working in game.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

If you're including multiple variables, make sure the check-box for "expend variables" is x'ed on (in Jenred's pic, it's 4 down from "Enabled" on the right). Keep "Enabled" on.

I give mine labels too but I think that's optional.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

It works now, I've been sending it to 'command' instead of 'world'. Thanks.

I never had this problem before using MUSHClient, but I noticed that ";" is no longer registering as "return" in the game. I've been digging through Muschclient for a while. Have I messed something up or?

This is interfering with my ability to alias properly!
Alea iacta est

Quote from: racurtne on May 14, 2013, 02:34:58 PM
I never had this problem before using MUSHClient, but I noticed that ";" is no longer registering as "return" in the game. I've been digging through Muschclient for a while. Have I messed something up or?

In the configuration, under Input -> Commands, there should be some sort of option about this. Check to see how that's set.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on May 14, 2013, 02:38:36 PM

In the configuration, under Input -> Commands, there should be some sort of option about this. Check to see how that's set.

Under command stacking? Ah, box got unchecked somehow. This should fix it. I completely overlooked that.

I knew it worked before, but somehow I broke it. Should work now! We'll see once the game is back up.
Alea iacta est

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on May 14, 2013, 02:38:36 PM

Yup, it's the Command Stacking section.  Check the check box for command stacking and put ; in the box!

update: Beat me to it! ;)
Nothing to see here

I've been wanting to color-code the arrival of certain npcs and pcs with certain words in their ldesc and events where they're talking about or to my character according to threat level with Mushclient. I've been wondering how to go about doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 14, 2013, 02:42:42 PM
I've been wanting to color-code the arrival of certain npcs and pcs with certain words in their ldesc and events where they're talking about or to my character according to threat level with Mushclient. I've been wondering how to go about doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighting their sdesc is the easiest way. Just select the sdesc and choose the "highlight word" from the display menu.

Highlighting the whole sentence or whatever when they enter/exit/whatever according to "threat level" would take a trigger with the exact phrase or a regular expression.

May 14, 2013, 03:23:29 PM #12 Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:59:35 PM by Jestor
Quote from: Fujikoma on May 14, 2013, 02:42:42 PM

If you want the whole line to highlight you can, for instance:

1) Click Triggers (Shift-CTRL-8) then Add.
2) ^(.*?)arrives from(.*?)$  into the Trigger line at the top.
3) Click 'Regular Expression' check box.
4) In the 'Change colour and style to' Click on the drop down, choose a color or choose other (and click the black box to open the color picker).
5 ) Click Ok!

This one would highlight the entire line if the line has 'arrives from' in it (minus the ').

Some other ones I like to add sometimes are:
^(.*?)\[(.*?)\](.*?)$    -  This one highlights any line that has both a [ and a ] in the same line.  Good for highlighting room names because of [N S E W SAVE QUIT].
^A(.*?)$   -  Highlights the line that starts with A.  Highlights many NPCs.
^The(.*?)$  - Highlights any line that starts with The.  Highlights PCs.

Can you elaborate on what you meant by "according to threat level"?

Nothing to see here

I would, but that would be discussing in game info others might prefer to find out IC. Basically, the nastier it is, the closer it gets to red, orange, from yellow for caution, to green for things best not worried about. Blue for friendlies and merchants, stuff like that, but some of those would have to be edited from time to time.

Also, could color-code health, stamina and stun levels... Blue for max, green for fine, yellow for uh-oh, red for GTFO. This would have to be slightly altered to suit the character.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 14, 2013, 03:34:46 PM
I would, but that would be discussing in game info others might prefer to find out IC. Basically, the nastier it is, the closer it gets to red, orange, from yellow for caution, to green for things best not worried about. Blue for friendlies and merchants, stuff like that, but some of those would have to be edited from time to time.

Also, could color-code health, stamina and stun levels... Blue for max, green for fine, yellow for uh-oh, red for GTFO. This would have to be slightly altered to suit the character.

Ah! Gottcha.  I get it now!  I agree the best way to do that with creatures is highlighting, right click and choose highlight.
Nothing to see here

May 14, 2013, 03:52:14 PM #15 Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:55:37 PM by racurtne
Hmm. Using the "test trigger" function, none of this seems to be working for me.  ???

Edit: Both highlighting and following the whole line instructions.

(I used to have a  set of triggers I stole from someone else long ago, but since I restarted and that computer is not with me I am having to start from scratch again)
Alea iacta est

May 14, 2013, 04:03:52 PM #16 Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:05:52 PM by Jestor
Quote from: racurtne on May 14, 2013, 03:52:14 PM
Hmm. Using the "test trigger" function, none of this seems to be working for me.  ???

Edit: Both highlighting and following the whole line instructions.

(I used to have a  set of triggers I stole from someone else long ago, but since I restarted and that computer is not with me I am having to start from scratch again)

Whoops! Looks like I copied the text wrong.  Needed a . inside that ().
Nothing to see here

Umm, not doing %1 works fine. Putting %1 seems to cause a bad echo and "What?" coming after. Perhaps I could check repeat on same line? Either way, not using %1 in send is working, I believe.
Alea iacta est

Quote from: Jestor on May 14, 2013, 03:23:29 PM

^( *?)\[(.*?)\]( *?)$    -  This one highlights any line that has both a [ and a ] in the same line.  Good for highlighting room names because of [N S E W SAVE QUIT].

This seems to only highlight lines which begin with [, so it's not highlighting room names for me.
Alea iacta est

Quote from: racurtne on May 14, 2013, 05:01:12 PM

^( *?)\[(.*?)\]( *?)$    -  This one highlights any line that has both a [ and a ] in the same line.  Good for highlighting room names because of [N S E W SAVE QUIT].

This seems to only highlight lines which begin with [, so it's not highlighting room names for me.

Updated sorry about that. Whoops again!
Nothing to see here

Quote from: Jestor on May 14, 2013, 05:02:27 PM
Quote from: racurtne on May 14, 2013, 05:01:12 PM

Updated sorry about that. Whoops again!

Still not getting room names highlighted here.  ???
Alea iacta est

May 14, 2013, 06:00:24 PM #21 Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:02:39 PM by Jestor

OMG, I totally thought I updated the regular expression.  Should be fixed now, try this: ^(.*?)\[(.*?)\](.*?)$
Nothing to see here

Thanks. Now I know how to put them together myself! Much appreciated.
Alea iacta est

May 16, 2013, 01:57:15 PM #23 Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:59:54 PM by racurtne
Okay...

I'm back again.

So, I've been testing my aliases. I noticed than even with command stacking as ";" on, I can't get an alias to perform multiple commands.

For Instance:

Example 1

alias: dart *
send: ep dart;throw dart %1

Done in this fashion, it tells me I don't have dart;throw

Example 2

send: ep dart ;throw dart %1

Done in this fashion, only ep dart registers. The rest is ignored.

Example 3

send: ep dart ; throw dart %1

Same issue as Example 2

Example 4

send: ep dart; throw dart %1

Don't have dart;

Note: I can get single command aliases to work with variables just fine. It's when I try to input multiple commands with ";" that I'm having problems.

Alea iacta est

Try using a hard return instead of the semicolon.

EX:
ep dart
throw dart %1