Jail sentences

Started by ohdannyboy, February 15, 2013, 11:21:34 PM

Remember to add ten minutes to Tuluk jail times, just to give the templar time enough to get through the city vs Allanak.

;)
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Yeah Its kinda looking like there are positives and negatives to both sides of the coin.  I agree my list that I copied isn't right either.  Was just an arbitrary example.  It may be overly complicated and too much work for a not very big benefit. 
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Back when I played in 2005 with any bit of regularity, I found jail scenes to always be really fun -- but the caveat here is that almost all of my jail scenes were initiated by other PCs with a particular purpose.  (I.e, capturing my fugitive character, torture, etc)

When I was a newer player, I made a few mistakes (particularly involving a run-in with not understanding the brawl code) and tried to play a few nefarious types.  It ended horrifically fast.  In fact, it ended so quickly that the time between when I entered the command to break a law and the time to when I either saw the Mantis (before discovering nosave) OR were half-way to jail was so short that I didn't have the real-life reflexes to even respond to it.  The spam of the ten guards appearing and subduing my characters had scrolled off the screen before I actually comprehended what had happened.

My personal opinion was that THAT was excessive.  There is NO opportunity for escape, which I think may be the primary complaint here.

One the one hand, I appreciate these mechanics because I'm certain that they prevent players from doing idiotic things like trying to PK people in broad daylight in a crowded market in the midsts of a long, drawn-out fight.  On the other, I think it also discourages other forms of perfectly legitimate IC interaction because there's no give.

I think an appropriate -variable- delay in response would be most welcome.  Committing crimes in the day in the market or a full tavern will have a much shorter response than doing it in the streets in the dead of night.  Noble or ritzy regions are prioritized over the commons.  Guards should not be immune to hide/sneak (if they are already).  Allow people to bribe guards PRIOR to a crime.  Allow them to bribe guards once in jail.  Have longer WANTED times and jail time to compensate.

Just some ideas pitched out there.

What you are after already exists in game. In terms of the night thing.

Bribing people prior to a crime or while in jail is also totally viable. Militia PC's don't get paid much as I understand it  :P
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.