Author Topic: Discussion: Colour by Triggers  (Read 4050 times)

Kol

Discussion: Colour by Triggers
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:46:21 PM »
Hey guys. I was working with Agent137 to make a small package of a self-extracting MUSH-client for Armageddon with his info-bar, and a whole load of trigger-lines to bring colour to that black and white screen.

Sadly my desktop was where all that work was saved. And that recently found it's end. May it rot forever in technical hell.

So I asked staff, and got the go-ahead to ask you guys for help towards this end.

Quote from: Morgenes
The main thing to watch for is not have anything that gives away In Character only information (such as specific spell or other hidden ability) messages.  It's ok to have one for 'cast' or 'casts', but not one for a specific spell.

WHAT I NEED:
In summary I'd like echoes for crafting, combat damage types, weapon types, all mundane skill types, and communication.

WHAT I DON'T NEED:

Spell strings, character names, sdesc's, Room or Character Mdesc's, or long logs.

My email's hianastu@gmail.com, or feel free to post your trigger line ideas here, remember, if you're unsure weather somethings IC, don't post it, or run it by staff first please. Please note: I'm only bringing color, and packaging it with the Info-bar. I do not intend this thread to be a suggestion reel for trigger scripts to make life easier. Please use the Code Discussion Forum for this.

Thank you in advance,

Kol.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:48:21 PM by Kol »
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Kol

Re: Discussion: Colour by Triggers
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »
ideas

Communication:

You say,
says to you,
sends
you send
"."

Combat:

you dodge
dodges your
you chop
Chops your
You slash
Slashes your
you take aim at your target...
A staff member sends:

Kismetic

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 07:53:22 PM »
You misspelled color.  Oh, and I use CMUD.  But here (I believe these are in order, maybe someone can correct me):

barely grazing
nicks
lightly
<canned damage type>
solidly
very hard/connecting hard
wound/wounding
viciously
brutal/brutally
grievous wound
unspeakable
horrendous
frightening
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Barsook

• Helper
    • The Sense of Openness
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 08:00:14 PM »
He is a Brit, they spell Color Colour.

Kismetic

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 08:00:57 PM »
Yes, and I'm teasing.  ;)
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Kol

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 09:09:43 AM »
Thanks Kis. I'll be working on these some more today.

If it makes you feel any better, I have to check my spelling constantly because I keep using the American spelling.
A staff member sends:

The Warshaper

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »
Is this a thing? Without color my eyes sometimes skip over lines when they are all grey and mashed together. Also using MUSHclient.

My main bitch is the non seperation between objects, characters and VNPC's, and Room Descriptions. I tend to just miss details when trying to read quickly. Is there any way to do this? Or has it been done in another thread and shared?

Agent_137

• a crapy clawn
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 11:36:51 AM »
Kol and I never finished our collaboration, but my combat highlights and my other MUSHclient goodies did get packaged into separate plugins so they're easy to add/remove.

Go to this link for details on 'em mushclient plugins for armageddon.

Kol or anyone else wanting to help, feel free to submit a pull request using github!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:39:26 AM by Agent_137 »

whitt

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 01:25:58 PM »
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »
Kol and I never finished our collaboration, but my combat highlights and my other MUSHclient goodies did get packaged into separate plugins so they're easy to add/remove.

Go to this link for details on 'em mushclient plugins for armageddon.

Kol or anyone else wanting to help, feel free to submit a pull request using github!
crap. I forgot all about this. I better get back to work.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Kol

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »
 ::)

I completely forgot about this, sorry guys, RL happened.

Sadly, my laptop with this on was wiped after I got a virus, and I've since got a new desktop. I've been too lazy/busy to start again from scratch, but I'll be doing something eventually, if Agent doesn't finish it without me.

I seem to remember a google.Doc thing for this.
A staff member sends:

Agent_137

• a crapy clawn
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 11:24:23 AM »
yeah i found the google drive doc.

this is all it had in it:

group   regex
comms   \bYou say\,\b
combat   \bfrom your hands\.\b
combat   "\bstops fighting you\, and begins fighting\b

The last 2 are already covered in my combat highlights plugin. Not sure why you would need to highlight "you say" since you just typed it in and hit enter, but to each his/her own.

best approach I think would be an expanded highlights plugin. You can just "fork" the code on github. Ever worked with git? it's pretty easy to get setup and it's all free. PM me if you get stuck.

Gonzak

Discussion Colour by Triggers
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 06:13:24 PM »
My girlfriend doesnt like the serrated trigger on her 1911 and I havent been able to find any smooth faced ones, they seem to all be serrated. You guys know of anyone that has a smooth faced trigger?