Which ARM 2 idea would you most like to see implemented?

Started by Erythil, July 15, 2012, 01:48:34 PM

Did I read something about killing off all Dark Sun races? How about just Muls and dwarves.

I could go with seeing dwarves, elves, half-elves, muls, and even half-giants all bred out. I'd love to see the Adevari, and I was really looking forward to the basani culture and the basani (iirc) cave dwellers and the adevari (again, lol). As well as the farming aspect and the easier to create player clans and clan hall rentals and so on. I love this world, but I was really looking forward to some of the stuff for Arm2.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I was soooo looking forward to the furry fandom.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on July 17, 2012, 03:19:56 AM

I think an influx of furry players characters would be awesome.

>draw sword
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

You would have to destroy quite more than the races to get rid of the dark-sun aspect of it.  But honestly it isn't like Dark-sun or like 90% of all other fantasy settings are completely original. 

When you have aspects of your world be related to other settings it makes it easier to attract players and grasp what is going on.   Sure you can argue it causes problems but I think the positive out weigh them.

Besides I still sad over halfings being dead.
:-)

Quote from: Morrolan on July 17, 2012, 12:53:13 PM
Quote from: musashi on July 17, 2012, 03:19:56 AM

I think an influx of furry players would be awesome.

>draw sword

Furries would make a fun replacement for elves (and the communalism might be a little OOC too) :P

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 17, 2012, 09:05:29 AM
Cendi and Dursa.

All I want.

My Little Cendi
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I want that whole 'custom compound' package, so I can make my own clans.

I also want the mythical 2.Arm crafting system.

Quote from: jstorrie on July 17, 2012, 06:33:16 PM
I also want the mythical 2.Arm crafting system.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Yeah the crafting and magick system both sounded boss.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Cendi.  Different crafting.

I was probably reading my own hopes into things, but it seemed like it was going to be a place where we could more routinely get permanent changes to the gameworld, be it buildings, roads, whatever, without the same level of political capital as is typical currently.  And if we couldn't, some of the things that players really seem to want, like PC driven shopkeepers, clans (coded clan, banking, housing, crafts), would be automated rather than having to be unique, permanent instances.  I was really looking forward to the change in codebase facilitating an improved ability to do such things.

Within our current codebase, I think the coder(s) do wonders.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I just really wanted the different positions and enterable containers man.

Quote from: MeTekillot on July 18, 2012, 01:37:23 AM

What??  ???
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on July 18, 2012, 01:42:12 AM

What??  ???

Those are two actual ARM 2 ideas that MeTekillot would most like to see implemented.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Hahahah, I nearly pee'd myself.

Dursa, Dursa, Dursa.

I was sooo looking forward to them.  Overall, I do hope a lot of the race/cultural things eventually find their way here.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I was looking forward to the idea of metal being a little more common. I was looking forward to the hopeful eradication of obsidian coins as well. I liked the idea of a little more literacy. I think I really liked the idea of the world moving forward just a bit technology wise.

On the other hand, if I'm completely honest, I was less excited about the new game than I was sad that this world I grew to care about would be gone. So in the end, I am glad that this is the game that survives, despite the archaic code.

I would have liked to see Cendi and Ghaati. Of course ... well ... those aren't impossible things here.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Nyr on July 18, 2012, 08:35:16 AM

What??  ???

Those are two actual ARM 2 ideas that MeTekillot would most like to see implemented.

Ohhh....no shit!

Can you expand on those, or link...because I've never heard about them and I'm super curious?

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Mostly I was looking forward to a new, more robust code base.

Isn't there any way that Arm1 could be transferred to the new code base? I mean, lengthy and annoying as it would be?

Quote from: Maso on July 18, 2012, 11:23:02 AM
Quote from: Nyr on July 18, 2012, 08:35:16 AM

What??  ???

Ohhh....no shit!

Can you expand on those, or link...because I've never heard about them and I'm super curious?

reborn blog -- should be somewhere in there
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Holy cow that crafting system looks epic.

Sniff.

Quote from: Kieandatu on July 18, 2012, 11:35:37 AM
Mostly I was looking forward to a new, more robust code base.

Isn't there any way that Arm1 could be transferred to the new code base? I mean, lengthy and annoying as it would be?

Like this?

QuoteThe code part of the project, which is officially known as JavaMUG, will continue to be developed by Morgenes and his team.  When that codebase comes available we will look to port the existing game world over to a new code base.  We do not think that this will be occurring in the near future and when the time arrives we will give you more information.

I was terribly looking forward to seeing what would be done with the next generation combat and health systems.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.