Author Topic: Diet ideas for myself  (Read 5659 times)

Wedi

Re: Diet ideas for myself
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »
Here is what I consistently follow...Mind you I work out 5-6 days a week...

Breakfast:
5 Egg Whites, 2 Whole Eggs
1/2 Cup Cooked Oatmeal
1 Banana
1oz of Almonds

Meal 2:
6oz Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Quinoa Salad
1 oz Almonds

Meal 3:
Shaved Turkey Breast(8 oz)
12 oz Sweet Potato Fries
Green Veggie

Meal 4:
6 oz Flat Iron Steak
4 oz Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Pasta with Sauce

Meal 5:
 Repeat meal 3 or 2

Meal 6:
1 Cup of Cottage Cheese

Lizzie

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 09:03:12 PM »
Freezing vegetables has no effect on their nutrient content. Neither does canning, by the way. There's the same amount of protein, vitamin A, niacin, calcium, starch, sugar, and whatever else, whether it's frozen or unfrozen. How long it's been off the vine determines its flavor; a banana will ripen just fine off the vine, and if you pick a tomato off the vine just before it's fully ripe, and leave it out on the counter for a day or so, it'll be just as perfectly ripe as it would've been if you had left it on the vine. Only difference - it has less of a chance of being eaten by bugs on your counter.

Oolong tea doesn't burn fat. It is neither better nor worse than any other tea, because tealeaves don't burn fat.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

manipura

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 09:06:44 PM »
Shit me...I wish a 'diet' meant eating 3500 calories a day. That would be so awesome. I'm currently on a 'trying to keep it under a 1000 calories a day because I'm turning into a fatty' diet. And even that isn't working.

Jeeeeeeeeeeze.

If I went veggie I think I would just eat cheese. Just cheese. Only cheese. All the time.

I wouldn't advise eating less than 1000 calories to lose weight unless you were being supervised by a doctor (or nutritionist or another professional) and/or you were quite overweight.  It is certainly not something that will keep weight off for the long term and it's very difficult to get everything your body actually needs from a calorie count that low.

Hot_Dancer

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »
I wish I had time to eat like that Wedi!

Adj - are you just trying to improve your healthy.

Improve strength/speed?

Gain weight? Lose weight?

Wedi is eating like 6 small meals of 30g protein each a day and that is typically your target for guys doing a lot of work in the gym.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Wedi

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »
I wish I had time to eat like that Wedi!

Wedi is eating like 6 small meals of 30g protein each a day and that is typically your target for guys doing a lot of work in the gym.

HD: I make my meals the night before or cook for days in advance. But You are absolutely correct.

If you want to put on mass increase you carbohydrate intake. When I am in Bulking Phase I use the Ratio 50%C/35%P/15%F.
This is Gram Intake. So If you are lifting you want between 1-1.5g of Protein X LBS of Lean Body Weight. So...

Wedi is 100 lbs at 20% Body Fat..That means for BULKING
1.5 X 80(LBW) = 120 G of Protein Per Day.

That 120 is your Base line, so 120/.35 = 343 TOTAL Grams a day

172G Carbohydrates
120G Protein
51G of Fat

As long as you are meeting these for a 100 lbs person you should have no problem gaining weight.

There are two Difference routes:
1. Smaller Meals with higher frequency which promote a good Nitrogen balance and raise your metabolism to burn fat faster
2. Larger meals with less Frequency which promote a faster mass gain.

In the end as long as you meet your Macros(171/120/51) you should be fine as long as you are eating the right kind of carbs.

Try to stay away from Processed foods. Rule of Thumb: Shop on the outside of the grocery store unless your looking for Rice/Quinoa/Pasta

I could post about this for days...It is actually a science, if you want me to go into detail send me a PM and we can chat over email.

boog

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 11:12:17 PM »
I didn't know there were so many dietitians on the forums!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 11:27:49 PM »
You don't have to have an education to be informed, or in some cases, misinformed. And just because you're a dietitian doesn't mean you're going to be right.

boog

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 11:39:37 PM »
Yes, but at the same time, nutrition might count as medical advice. I'm just saying to be careful of who you listen to!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Wedi

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 12:47:43 AM »
Yes, but at the same time, nutrition might count as medical advice. I'm just saying to be careful of who you listen to!

editted to remove brag

And I -am- a certified dietitian, and nutritionist.

boog

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 01:40:09 AM »

editted to remove brag

And I -am- a certified dietitian, and nutritionist.

Okay - that's fine. But I wasn't singling you out. :P
There is only one boog.

ShaLeah

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 01:48:41 AM »
Inside me is this reaaaaaaaalllly thin woman trying to get out.

I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate.

Lemme know when there's a diet for that.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

jstorrie

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 02:07:04 AM »
Y'all should just get on those cigarettes.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 03:24:22 AM »
Tofu str fry pre-dinner + dinner - I'M FULL FROM 3 BITES AND IT TASTES BLAND! (more oil, spices????) Dunno how to fix this and keep it easy. Throwing in beef instead of tofu is a good answer, but i don't want to take that path. Suggestions here?
Beef AND tofu.

Seriously, people... tofu isn't just supposed to be a meat substitute.

Booya

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
Tofu str fry pre-dinner + dinner - I'M FULL FROM 3 BITES AND IT TASTES BLAND! (more oil, spices????) Dunno how to fix this and keep it easy. Throwing in beef instead of tofu is a good answer, but i don't want to take that path. Suggestions here?

What I do for super easy, quick, cheap and tasty stir fries is add some Chinese Five Spice, or for a bit more heat Thai Seven Spice. Dunno about over there, but in England you get it in most supermarket spice sections for under 2, and you can get multiple meals out of it. You just shake it in to taste about 3-5 mins from finishing cooking.

Do you like carrots? Bung them in. Same with peas, sweetcorn, pak choi, whatever. And did you mention soy sauce? Soy sauce will give you yummy taste and seasoning. Also a bit of rice mirin gives it a nice dimension. Same with ginger - fresh is more work so look for frozen. It comes in little cubes that you just pop out.

You could also add a bit of sesame oil at the end for more goodness in nutrients and taste. And/or roughly crushed peanuts. Also, if you're not allergic to lemons, squeeze a bit in before serving.

You could also try swapping rice for noodles now and then for a change - noodles are even quicker and easier than rice to cook - done in 3 mins!

By the way, frozen vegetables often hold a lot more of their nutrients than fresh counterparts, because as soon as they are picked veggies start losing their nutrients and they can hang around quite long on in transport and supermarket shelves. Whereas they are often frozen (which traps the goodness) within 8 hours of picking.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:49:35 AM by Booya »

Lizzie

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »
Tofu isn't even slightly, vaguely, or remotely an appropriate substitute for meat, IF you are trying to maintain a protein level.

Ounce for ounce:

1 ounce meat = approx 7 grams protein
1 ounce tofu = 2 grams protein

You'd need to eat 20 ounces (1.25 POUNDS) of tofu, to equal the protein amount of 6 ounces of steak.

Also, nutrition guidelines say you don't need protein -from meat- more than 6 ounces per day, because they're assuming you are -also- getting protein from other sources in addition to meat. So, they're assuming you're eating eggs, or fish, poultry, tofu, beans, PLUS meat.

If you're cutting out meat, you'll need to double up on that tofu (so now we're at 2.5 pounds of tofu every day, just to get the amount of protein you should be getting daily).

Consider the average, sedentary male needs around 60 grams of protein daily.
The average male who gets exercise including some weight lifting (not professional bodybuilding or serious athlete), needs around 90 grams of protein daily.

So, that 6-ounce steak? That's only 42 grams of protein. You need to double that.

You can find all kinds of nutrition help on the internet - http://nutritiondata.self.com/ is a good place to start.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »
Well I eat a lot of diet stir-fry.  The trick is to vary your sauce.

Sometimes go with your typical Asian flavors (soy sauce, garlic, ginger, etc).
Sometimes Tex-Mex it up (salsa).
Sometimes go European (gravy, herbs+butter).
Sometimes go Italian (marinara sauce, pesto).
Sometimes go Indian (curry).

AmandaGreathouse

• Inspiration on Tap:
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2012, 09:47:06 PM »
Well I eat a lot of diet stir-fry.  The trick is to vary your sauce.

Sometimes go with your typical Asian flavors (soy sauce, garlic, ginger, etc).
Sometimes Tex-Mex it up (salsa).
Sometimes go European (gravy, herbs+butter).
Sometimes go Italian (marinara sauce, pesto).
Sometimes go Indian (curry).

Moe is a genius. Another thing I like to do is buy the bags of like 10 lb boneless skinless white meat chicken breast then cook it in various ways (ie in lemon and garlic, honey and sesame seeds, italian dressing, bbq sauce, sweet and sour, etc. If you take one out each night before going to bed, the average size piece is like 5 oz (Tyson chicken, from Sam's Club), it will already be defrosted, you can even marinate it in the morning before work. Just cut it up into 1 inch cubes and fry it in with veggies or alone, then sprinkle it atop a salad (iceberg lettuce, dried cranberries, etc, depending on what you like/want or what complements it). That's my favorite meal ever, and with the array of dressings,and the extra veggie servings from the lettuce, it's so worth it, and you get a lot more vitamins/nutrients.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

janeshephard

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 12:05:05 AM »
I eat whatever I want before 7 pm and run every other morning. Hunger is a natural thing. You should sleep hungry and wake up hungry. It's called fasting. Feels good after a while.
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Cind

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2012, 12:30:56 AM »
I once began losing weight without much strain or forced habit on my part, by simply conditioning myself to not like being full, and waiting for some time after I'd gotten hungry to eat. Not where the hunger starts affecting you to the point where you eventually quit and start stuffing your face after a few days, just a noticeable feeling of hunger. I lost five pounds, and then I got an unrelated illness and forgot about it. I was on it for between two and three weeks I think, not really expecting or trying to do anything special and therefore not growing impatient with myself.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2012, 05:18:55 AM »
Wedi: I consume less than 60g of protein a day despite requiring 90-120g a day according to most nutrition doctrine.
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Adhira

• Producer
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2012, 05:30:50 AM »
Inside me is this reaaaaaaaalllly thin woman trying to get out.

I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate.

Lemme know when there's a diet for that.

I'm with ShaLeah...

In the real world I'm heading back to the gym to get that habit going once more.  >:(
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Karieith

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2012, 05:45:26 AM »
I've been doing great jogging about two hours a day. I may actually admit I look good soon. I'm down to almost 120 lbs (my target weight, though I think I might be happy here at 126). But I still look kinda pouchy in the belly. I wonder where I'm losing all the weight at?