Movie lines you would love to use IC.

Started by rocketman, July 08, 2012, 07:53:07 AM

I was thinking the other day about some great lines from movies, that would fit in Armageddon.

I was able to use this line from Outlaw Josie Whales: Diein' ain't much of a  livein'.

One that I would love to see also comes from the same movie: 

Clint Eastwood: "If I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long."

Chief Dan George: "I notice when you get to dislikin' someone, they ain't around for long, neither."

Both these lines just fit!

I think this thread should be entitled "Movie lines we are definitely going to use IC"
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I plead the fifth.  I just fear I would incriminate myself therefore cannot participate in this thread. :-X
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

TV, not movie:
Quote from: Doctor Who [i]A Good Man Goes to War[/i]
Madame Kovarian: The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men... have too many rules.

The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Raising his voice over the storm, the skimmer pilots says in southern-accented Sirihish,
                "I'm givin' 'er all she's got, Cap'n!"
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Whipping the massive, composite warbow around and pointing it directly at you, the bronze-skinned half breed says in sirihish, 'Say hello to my little friend.'
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

In the depths of the Grey:
You heard a male voice whisper:
"Over here."

"I ain't got time to bleed."

"Never trust an elf, when your life is on the line!" - Promptly, before death.

"Ghet ta' da wagon!"

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me."

"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin paid; mostly only when I'm gettin paid. "

" I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

"This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no." "

Hasta la vista, baby.

It would work in soooo many situations... *squeal*

On the After-Mission Party:
Quote from: [i]Team America: World Police[/i]Spottswoode: Great job, team. Head back to base for debriefing and cocktails.

On promotion:
Quote from: [i]Starship Troopers[/i]You're it until you're dead or I find someone better.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Two words:

Pulp Fiction

That entire movie is quotable.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

"You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have silt horrors with frickin' crossbows attached to their heads! Now evidently, my cycloptic colleague informs me that that can't be done. Can you remind me what I pay you people for? Honestly, throw me a bone here. What do we have?"

Quote from: ShaLeah on July 08, 2012, 03:00:55 PM
Two words:

Pulp Fiction

That entire movie is quotable.

Been there, done that.

Sort of. Not the biblical thing, since it'd be silly.

But still, pulp fiction is wonderfully easy to quote, indeed.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on July 08, 2012, 03:14:26 PM

"The path of the righteous Nakki is beset on all sides by the inequities of the merchants and the tyranny of Tuluki men. Blessed is he who, in the name of The Highlord and His Shadow, shepherds the weak through the Labyrinth's alleys of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am The Highlord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Some quote from a war movie, I forget which:
Come on ya sons of bitches! Do ya wanna live forever?

Quote from pee wee herman:
"There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand."

Because it needs to be mentioned:
Bynners! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... for tonight! We dine in Drov!

The watchmen:
None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!
((I've pulled this one off, whoot))

After a badass fight, kill bill line would kickass:
Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now.

Dirty harry:
I know what you're thinking. "Did he throw two mon fireballs, or only one?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a Krath-damned fireball, the most terrifyin fireball in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

No, Donny, these men are Nilazis. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Quote from: ShaLeah on July 08, 2012, 03:38:08 PM
Quote from: Patuk on July 08, 2012, 03:14:26 PM

"The path of the righteous Nakki is beset on all sides by the inequities of the merchants and the tyranny of Tuluki men. Blessed is he who, in the name of The Highlord and His Shadow, shepherds the weak through the Labyrinth's alleys of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am The Highlord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Okay, that's it. You win this thread.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Cutthroat on July 08, 2012, 03:47:52 PM
No, Donny, these men are Nilazis. There's nothing to be afraid of.

CT truly made me laugh.

Quote from: Akaramu on July 08, 2012, 02:27:43 PM
Hasta la vista, baby.

It would work in soooo many situations... *squeal*

GIVE ME YOUR BOOTS, AZZHOLE

July 08, 2012, 04:04:57 PM #18 Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:14:18 PM by Morrolan
Quote from: Bill, in [i]Kill Bill Vol. 2[/i]I'm a killer! I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.

Quote from: The Bride, in [i]Kill Bill Vol. 1[/i]But I am gonna ask you questions. And every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you, they will be things you will miss.

Quote from: O-Ren Ishii, in [i]Kill Bill Vol. 1[/i]As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic.

If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so. But allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion.

The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese Elvish or American Tuluki heritage as a negative is... I collect your fucking head. Just like this fucker here!

Now, if any of you sons of bitches got anything else to say, now's the fucking time!

...I didn't think so...

The muscle-bound man says in austrian-accented sirihish, "Its not a tumor..rat!"
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

I've always wanted to play a Byn Sergeant who used a bunch of the lines of the Drill Sergeant from Full Metal Jacket, but most of his lines are based around homophobia so I can't :(

July 08, 2012, 06:55:29 PM #21 Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:58:42 PM by Maso
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 08, 2012, 06:49:22 PM
I've always wanted to play a Byn Sergeant who used a bunch of the lines of the Drill Sergeant from Full Metal Jacket, but most of his lines are based around homophobia so I can't :(

There are plenty that aren't, or could be adapted I reckon. I'm always looking for excuses to ask my boyfriend what his major malfunction is.... >.>

QuoteWere you born a fat, slimy, scumbag puke piece o' shit, Private Amos, or did you have to work on it?

QuoteI bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the godkrathdamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.

There may not be homophobia in Zalanthas...but giving a guy a reach around...now that's just good manners.

QuoteBullKankshit. It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress.

Someone else can probably Zalanthianise this better than me but...

QuoteAre you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy fucking worm-looking piece of shit! Get the fuck off of my mount! Get the fuck down off of my mount! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, Private Amos, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY GITH IN THE KNOWN!

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: MeTekillot on July 08, 2012, 06:49:22 PM
I've always wanted to play a Byn Sergeant who used a bunch of the lines of the Drill Instructor from Full Metal Jacket, but most of his lines are based around homophobia so I can't :(
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

You don't need to cumbersomely change "bullshit" to "kankshit".

Bullshit is a completely applicable term IC.

Quote from: MeTekillot on July 08, 2012, 07:30:55 PM
You don't need to cumbersomely change "bullshit" to "kankshit".

Bullshit is a completely applicable term IC.

Sorry. :(