A loverly time in Allanak

Started by boog, May 16, 2012, 09:03:12 PM

Yeah guess who misread some posts and got up a few hours earlier today >.>

Least I won't be missing it.

I'm hoping any pending character applications get approved before it starts  :-\

Hold on to yer butts.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I missed it didn't I... Sigh.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I had so much fun. Armageddon was my oyster today. Someone give me a kudos.

Quote from: Akaramu on August 04, 2012, 03:02:01 AM
I work today, and tomorrow.  >:(

(For Sunday)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Welda on August 04, 2012, 05:10:55 AM
There are events planned for each day Saturday-Wednesday. Surely you can make some of that.

Wait, I thought it was for the weekend only.  Awesome!  It means that I only will miss the first two days.
Fredd-

Nak sure knows how to Parteh!

(how I missed thee, Allanak <3)
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Am I the only one confused as to whether this is over or not?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 07, 2012, 03:04:16 PM
Am I the only one confused as to whether this is over or not?

Same here
Fredd-

It's not over yet. We have something on Wednesday I believe.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

August 07, 2012, 03:14:19 PM #63 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:22:22 PM by slipshod
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

This is a good time to review proper posting protocol for player-organized (and even staff-organized/assisted) events on the player announcements board, as I tend to think this generic post has not worked out that well.

If the event is open to the public, please DO:

clearly indicate WHEN it will happen.  Provide a date and times of day.  Include a time zone.
clearly indicate the general nature of WHERE it will happen.  Allanak?  Check.  Tuluk?  Check.
(preferably, both of these should be in the thread or post TITLE)
clearly indicate where you can find out more about it.  You should have a corresponding post on the in-game boards.

please DON'T:

clutter up the thread with too many unrelated posts.  This can distract players from what is really going on.
post exacting specifics.  Don't post about the PC who is organizing the event, for instance.

The idea is to get people to actually go to the event and be aware at a glance that they'll need to arrange their schedules to be there.

So with that said:

TUESDAY, August 7 (tonight) at 7:30 PM Eastern, there is an RPT in Allanak.  See IG board for details!

WEDNESDAY, August 8 (tomorrow night) at 8:00 PM Eastern, there is an RPT in Allanak.  ARENA EVENT.  OMG.  See IG board for details!
(we will open up the Arena for passive observation)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Quote from: Nyr on August 07, 2012, 03:44:24 PM
WEDNESDAY, August 8 (tomorrow night) at 8:00 PM Eastern, there is an RPT in Allanak.  ARENA EVENT.  OMG.  See IG board for details!
(we will open up the Arena for passive observation)

Yay, another chance!
Fredd-

Have missed (and will miss) every event so far. Due to them all being super EST friendly times, and always just a little too early for PST (damn work).

Which is a real shame. Would have been nice to see a bit more variety in the times (and locales), since there were so many events.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

It's ok Maso. We can have our own mini arena rpt and pit vestrics vs. tregils. :D

Quote from: Rhyden on August 07, 2012, 05:27:20 PM
It's ok Maso. We can have our own mini arena rpt and pit vestrics vs. tregils. :D

*peeking in with a shy tilt of her eyes* ...Can I watch that too?
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Quote from: greasygemo on August 08, 2012, 01:08:48 AM

*peeking in with a shy tilt of her eyes* ...Can I watch that too?

Ok... *sniffs*

This event is going on now / starting soon.  See you there!

>change arena
doesn't work?
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
  --  Andrew Jackson

Yeah.
Fredd-

I'll open it up shortly and announce once I've done so.  Nothing to see yet.

We're back up, and the Arena games are open for viewing.  Bear with us while we get the gladiators situated.  Apologies about the reboot but it could not be helped!