A loverly time in Allanak

Started by boog, May 16, 2012, 09:03:12 PM

May 16, 2012, 09:03:12 PM Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:27:45 AM by boog
This will be occurring the weekend of July 20th/21st, according to upper management! I apologize for any inconvenience. I was hasty and was not sure if I was going to have a date set in stone, but now I do. Thank you!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Finally making a character? Baby old enough for sitting then? Look forward to seeing you in game.

I'm already assuming the position.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Bump.

Be on the lookout in the next 2 weeks. There will be events and happenings at all sorts of times to cater all of our differently scheduled players!

Bigger than Luirsfest, and bloodier than anything puny Tuluk could ever throw atcha!

Praise Tek!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

You're going to come back in two weeks and say be on the lookout in two weeks, aren't you?

"In 2 weeks' time, in Allanak..."

..there will be cake?
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on June 06, 2012, 09:13:05 PM

..there will be cake?

Cake is a possibility! I guess you'll just have to loaf around and see!
There is only one boog.

..there will be cake?

"Cake or death?"
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Cake -and- death, my friends.
There is only one boog.

Just promise me that someone, at some point, will wave at a crowd of beggars and say, indulgently, "Let them eat cake."

..there will be cake?

...there will be blood.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Delirium on June 06, 2012, 09:35:01 PM
Just promise me that someone, at some point, will wave at a crowd of beggars and say, indulgently, "Let them eat cake."

Anything is possible!
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Delirium on June 06, 2012, 09:35:01 PM
Just promise me that someone, at some point, will wave at a crowd of beggars and say, indulgently, "Let them eat travel cake."

fixed this for you

> shout (merrily) Folks, we're havin' a pit barbecue!
A crowd of motley commoners panics and attempts to flee.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Bump for the above.
There is only one boog.

Wait, so, another two weeks?  :P

I tease.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 15, 2012, 09:53:04 PM
Wait, so, another two weeks?  :P

I tease.

Yep.

This is mostly for OOC convenience for other people, actually. Things would be on time in regards to in game correspondence, but I am sure everyone can understand the complications of scheduling something of this magnitude. :)
There is only one boog.

So the weekend of June 30th is when these will start?

No?

Please see the first post in this thread. Thank you.
There is only one boog.

I think the topic title changing from 'in 2 weeks time in Allanak' may have been confusing - it was still showing as that on the main GDB page every time someone posted a reply, even if it looks like the topic title had changed.  :P

June 16, 2012, 09:26:12 AM #21 Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:28:26 AM by boog
Actually, um, this has been pushed back per the powers that be. I'll repost a schedule when it's fully copacetic with everyone involved. My apologies.
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on June 16, 2012, 09:26:12 AM
Actually, um, this has been pushed back per the powers that be. I'll repost a schedule when it's fully copacetic with everyone involved. My apologies.

AWESOME
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

;D This is just the nature of the game. It takes a lot of work to get things scheduled for all parties involved. I bet it'll be twice as good now that it's been pushed back.

Quote from: Maso on June 16, 2012, 01:09:50 PM
Quote from: boog on June 16, 2012, 09:26:12 AM

AWESOME

Um. Yeah. If I could, this would be happening right now. Unfortunately, I can't. If you don't like it, please feel free to player complain, but it really is out of my hands at this point in time. :)
There is only one boog.

Uhm...there was no sarcasm intended! It's actually awesome. I couldn't make the original dates but can make the July dates...so...

AWESOME!

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on June 16, 2012, 04:55:41 PM
Uhm...there was no sarcasm intended! It's actually awesome. I couldn't make the original dates but can make the July dates...so...

AWESOME!

:)

Okay - sorry.

Ignore me for the next ~8 months!
There is only one boog.

I don't think anyone's actually complaining. I think everyone is just giving you a hard time. Chill out preggo.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

...but...

..I was hoping for cake  :'(
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

We love you boog, and we're all behind you.

We know you can make the magic happen.

Quote from: Karieith on June 20, 2012, 06:49:34 PMWe love you boog, and we're all behind you.

Go, Boog!

Quote from: Karieith on June 20, 2012, 06:49:34 PMWe know you can make the magic happen.

But we won't tell anyone.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I'd just like to bump this thread and remind everyone that this is still on and is fast approaching! Unless something changes in the next day or two, expect an RPT on the (EST zone) evening of the 21st.

Be there or be 口!

Activity was promised for all timezones. Please don't limit all the fun to the EST evening. Give the offpeakers some sugar! Cake works too.  ;)

Off peakers will likely see their share of involvement too, rest assured :)

Whoop whoop! :)

This has been postponed for two weeks. Dates to be announced. It will happen, just a matter of when!

So I guess what you're telling me here is that;

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 06, 2012, 09:10:16 PM
You're going to come back in two weeks and say be on the lookout in two weeks, aren't you?

;D Damn I love it when I'm right. Just teasing you guys though, don't be offended.

Yes. This will happen... starting Saturday 4th, 6pm EST.

Quote from: Welda on July 31, 2012, 05:58:38 PM
Yes. This will happen... starting Saturday 4th, 6pm EST.

Whoo!

I do, and will be working extra hours during the week so I don't have to go in on Saturday. Just hope I don't wind up sleeping through the darn thing. Lazy sleep pattern!  >:(

Ohhh, yes. You guys always bring me the best violence.

I'll be the one flinging flaming feces!

(not really)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

There are events planned for each day Saturday-Wednesday. Surely you can make some of that.

Quote from: Welda on August 04, 2012, 05:10:55 AM
There are events planned for each day Saturday-Wednesday. Surely you can make some of that.
Man.. Everything is so boring now that everything is player driven. Nothing ever happens. Sigh.

You guys rock! I'll be there with bells on for some of it! Even off peakers are getting a chance to participate!

This goes down in 1.5 hours!
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Sunshine is beckoning. Sigh.

Keep the party going for days, ta!

Yeah guess who misread some posts and got up a few hours earlier today >.>

Least I won't be missing it.

I'm hoping any pending character applications get approved before it starts  :-\

Hold on to yer butts.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I missed it didn't I... Sigh.

I had so much fun. Armageddon was my oyster today. Someone give me a kudos.

Quote from: Akaramu on August 04, 2012, 03:02:01 AM
I work today, and tomorrow.  >:(

(For Sunday)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Welda on August 04, 2012, 05:10:55 AM

Wait, I thought it was for the weekend only.  Awesome!  It means that I only will miss the first two days.
Fredd-

Nak sure knows how to Parteh!

(how I missed thee, Allanak <3)
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Am I the only one confused as to whether this is over or not?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 07, 2012, 03:04:16 PM
Am I the only one confused as to whether this is over or not?

Same here
Fredd-

It's not over yet. We have something on Wednesday I believe.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

August 07, 2012, 03:14:19 PM #63 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:22:22 PM by slipshod
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

This is a good time to review proper posting protocol for player-organized (and even staff-organized/assisted) events on the player announcements board, as I tend to think this generic post has not worked out that well.

If the event is open to the public, please DO:

clearly indicate WHEN it will happen.  Provide a date and times of day.  Include a time zone.
clearly indicate the general nature of WHERE it will happen.  Allanak?  Check.  Tuluk?  Check.
(preferably, both of these should be in the thread or post TITLE)
clearly indicate where you can find out more about it.  You should have a corresponding post on the in-game boards.

please DON'T:

clutter up the thread with too many unrelated posts.  This can distract players from what is really going on.
post exacting specifics.  Don't post about the PC who is organizing the event, for instance.

The idea is to get people to actually go to the event and be aware at a glance that they'll need to arrange their schedules to be there.

So with that said:

TUESDAY, August 7 (tonight) at 7:30 PM Eastern, there is an RPT in Allanak.  See IG board for details!

WEDNESDAY, August 8 (tomorrow night) at 8:00 PM Eastern, there is an RPT in Allanak.  ARENA EVENT.  OMG.  See IG board for details!
(we will open up the Arena for passive observation)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Quote from: Nyr on August 07, 2012, 03:44:24 PM
WEDNESDAY, August 8 (tomorrow night) at 8:00 PM Eastern, there is an RPT in Allanak.  ARENA EVENT.  OMG.  See IG board for details!
(we will open up the Arena for passive observation)

Yay, another chance!
Fredd-

Have missed (and will miss) every event so far. Due to them all being super EST friendly times, and always just a little too early for PST (damn work).

Which is a real shame. Would have been nice to see a bit more variety in the times (and locales), since there were so many events.

It's ok Maso. We can have our own mini arena rpt and pit vestrics vs. tregils. :D

Quote from: Rhyden on August 07, 2012, 05:27:20 PM
It's ok Maso. We can have our own mini arena rpt and pit vestrics vs. tregils. :D

*peeking in with a shy tilt of her eyes* ...Can I watch that too?
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Quote from: greasygemo on August 08, 2012, 01:08:48 AM

*peeking in with a shy tilt of her eyes* ...Can I watch that too?

Ok... *sniffs*

This event is going on now / starting soon.  See you there!

>change arena
doesn't work?
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
  --  Andrew Jackson

Yeah.
Fredd-

I'll open it up shortly and announce once I've done so.  Nothing to see yet.

We're back up, and the Arena games are open for viewing.  Bear with us while we get the gladiators situated.  Apologies about the reboot but it could not be helped!

Can you just delay for like...one more hour? >.<

You wish.
Fredd-

I knew there was a reason I meant to get up early this morning. Be nice if someone posted a log afterwards.

I agree.
Fredd-

I'd like logs at the end too, if possible. Hopefully nobody yells 'too IC!!!' again, which stopped it last time.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Where's Reiteration when you need him?  ::)

Quote from: BleakOne on August 08, 2012, 08:52:59 PM
I'd like logs at the end too, if possible. Hopefully nobody yells 'too IC!!!' again, which stopped it last time.

They're already letting people who have no good IC reason being there to "watch" the games (unless I'm grossly misunderstanding the remote viewing thing). Claiming that posting logs would be "too IC" would just come across as discriminatory to those of us who can't log in for whatever reason.

Quote from: Maso on August 08, 2012, 08:54:28 PM
Where's Reiteration when you need him?  ::)

Don't you dare.
Fredd-

This thread is getting a little messy with all these random posts.

I want to say thankyou to all the people who put such a tremendous amount of time into this. It added some pizzazz to the city and gave it a different feel for a short while. I also enjoyed participating when I was able to :)

So thankyou to all who helped make it happen.

Quote from: BleakOne on August 08, 2012, 08:52:59 PM

I'm not sure if that is what happened last time.  Something (possibly multiple somethings) else occurred last time that WAS too IC.  Even so, we'd still review a submission from a gladiator's perspective and see exactly how much needs to be edited out.  This time I don't think it'd be a big deal for a gladiator to submit a log of their perspective through the submissions tool.  We can review it and see how much needs to be edited out.  Hopefully it is apparent that we couldn't do the same for a spectator, though!

I didn't log anything, and I don't think any other staffers did, either.  We were a bit busy animating and such, and our logs would have to be scrubbed way more than a player's logs.

If a spectator who did the "change arena" thing, logged it, wouldn't that be the most "appropriate" (for lack of a better word on my end) log to show to people who weren't able to log in? They'd get to see the same view that the rest of the people who were just "flies on the wall" got to see.

Minus all the inv stat score skills stuff.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Perhaps some of the gladiators kept bios. If so, could those be used as a means to show the gladiator perspective in some since?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I guess I could....?

The spectators view "Change Arena" didn't get the crowds shouts so it was sorta one sided on some of the conversations I don't think any of them logs would be very good.
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"