Armageddon 2 Cancelled - discussion thread

Started by Adhira, May 15, 2012, 10:08:10 PM

Quote from: KankWhisperer on May 16, 2012, 12:01:00 AM
I say we all participate in a time jump rpt to right before kanks died.

This is how it starts.

Stepping out of a shimmering portal, a bronze skinned dwarf says in sirihish:
   'Come wit me if ju want to live.'

Everyone in the past thinks we're crazy and need to be hunted down.

+1
Love's the only war worth dying for.
Build me up to knock me down, I'm all yours.

Always wanted Arm 1 to stay.  Far cooler than anything I saw outlined for arm2.

That said...I just have to say it.

"Hahahahahaha!"

C'mon, a lot of us figured this would happen.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

So, just wondering. Does this mean that certain policy's might be looked at again?

Things like Non-virtual wagons being build for houses, ect.

The possibility of forming a new house.

Forming a small poduc outpost/camp/ect.

Some of those human tribals we all miss being available again?

Yes I know we still have 3. But some of us miss benjari, and Jultavin.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

May 16, 2012, 12:09:40 AM #53 Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:14:15 AM by Eurynomos
That's just, like, your opinion, man.

EDIT:
Since you guys are posting so fast -- That is in response to "Player driven plots are well and good, but players can't drive something like the copper wars." They all started with player effort.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Quote from: Armaddict on May 16, 2012, 12:07:15 AM

"Hahahahahaha!"

Yeah, and we got a ton of shit for bringing it up too.  :P

And guys, stop expecting big new changed to our game because of this. It's the same.

I will add my totally biased opinion that the Benjari are/were awesome. However.. (being as I wrote the docs)... they were meant to struggle with extinction, and potentially, to lose. It was a prime example of rigid traditionalism versus adaptability, and as the story went, traditionalism - and extinction - won. I'm perfectly okay with that.

It's that whole, "awesome people dying for sake of the storyline" thing. G.R.R. Martin would be proud.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 16, 2012, 12:11:08 AM
Quote from: Armaddict on May 16, 2012, 12:07:15 AM

"Hahahahahaha!"

Yeah, and we got a ton of shit for bringing it up too.  :P

And guys, stop expecting big new changed to our game because of this. It's the same.

What I was asking wasnt a big change. More of "Hey since things aren't ending is there a chance some of this stuff will be doable again"

Fair question, I think. I'm doubting it. but one can hope.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I'll always pine for the days of the rebellion. I liked the active conflict. It probably wasn't as great as I remember but I really liked being a rebel northerner a lot more than the post occupation that the north has become.

I was kind of looking forward to exploring a new map, working out a new code system, and figuring out some new crafts.  Oh well.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on May 16, 2012, 12:14:30 AM
I was kind of looking forward to exploring a new map, working out a new code system, and figuring out some new crafts.  Oh well.

Last two things may still be implemented if they do decide to move from Dikumud as was outlined by Adhira. So do not feel sad.

Quote from: Eurynomos on May 16, 2012, 12:09:40 AM

EDIT:
Since you guys are posting so fast -- That is in response to "Player driven plots are well and good, but players can't drive something like the copper wars." They all started with player effort.

Players didn't put a copper deposit there to be found and fought over though I think is what they are getting at. I'm all for more triggers from the staff to get larger plots going. You guys drop in the fuel and let us run with it and see what outcome our actions bring.

Synthesis doesn't feel sad. He feels logic.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

As long as we still get enter-able barrels I don't care.

Quote from: Akaramu on May 16, 2012, 12:06:54 AM
Quote from: Winterless on May 15, 2012, 11:21:48 PM
Quote from: Jdr on May 15, 2012, 11:21:21 PM
So if Arm 2 is not coming (for now), does that mean we can lose the pretence of peace between the major powers and get back at each others' throats again?
+1

+1

I miss (and hear from others that they miss) the large staff driven conflicts such as wars between the north and south. Player driven plots are well and good, but players can't drive something like the copper wars.

+1
Agreed player plots are fun and all but some stuff just needs staff.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

This ruins two of my future plots.

1: Cat people genocide

2: Alternate Silt-Sea Based Arm 2 project (0.2% complete)

May 16, 2012, 12:31:39 AM #65 Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:36:35 AM by Feco
I loved a lot of the material I read about for Arm.2, and it is always sad to see something you know a lot of people put work into die off.  It's good to know the codebase will continue to be worked on.

I love Arm.1, and continue to love it, so I have no complaints.

EDIT:

Might I add I wouldn't mind the IG world continuing to slowly erode.  Post-post-apocalyptic?  Yes please.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Eurynomos on May 16, 2012, 12:09:40 AM

EDIT:

Yes. I'm certain the lack of another Copper Wars or similar-style event has to do with lack of player initiative ;).

I can understand how it all played out, but will feel sad if all the effort expended by everyone isn't put to use in some way.

I can remember back (15 years or more) when a huge zone opened in the north.  That was pretty damn cool.  If some areas made for Arm 2 would fit in and are almost done, I'd love to see them in.  All over.  Other side of the Silt Sea hard to get to, all the way to opening up previously undiscovered passages through some of our impassable mountain ranges.

That sense that there is something out there to see, new....

Oh, and I'd like to play a cendi.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

When do we get to overthrow Tektolnes

i'm tired of that guy's shit

Quote from: Feco on May 16, 2012, 12:31:39 AM
Might I add I wouldn't mind the IG world continuing to slowly erode.  Post-post-apocalyptic?  Yes please.

And FYI: A war between north and south again IS possible. It would just take some action from one sides nobles. You want that war? App a noble, get some political alliances with other nobles, and start working for it.

Quote from: Fredd on May 16, 2012, 12:52:26 AM
And FYI: A war between north and south again IS possible. It would just take some action from one sides nobles. You want that war? App a noble, get some political alliances with other nobles, and start working for it.

NPC Higher ups will put the kabosh on any two groups in open conflict these days.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on May 16, 2012, 12:55:48 AM

NPC Higher ups will put the kabosh on any two groups in open conflict these days.

What a load of shit. That's not true at all.

edit: Was I just trolled?

Lies. I have somewhat recently pitted two groups against eachother in a war as a third party. These were two, coded, clans.

All it took was some spice, and a few lies.

Edit: This was less then a year ago, so i can't say more then this.

No, it's not still ongoing.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 16, 2012, 12:59:34 AM

What a load of shit. That's not true at all.

edit: Was I just trolled?

Then you don't know what shit is or are just generally ignorant of certain plots.