Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 807203 times)

RogueGunslinger

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #375 on: August 18, 2012, 11:11:34 AM »
I have a silly amount of Steam keys for Endless Space, does anyone want one?

Yes plz.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #376 on: August 18, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »
I'm kind of interested in it if you've still got 'em.

In other news, getgamesgo.com is like an endless steam summer sale. After some online shopping around, I'm about to pick up Arkham City, Just Cause 2, Civ 5 Gods and Kings, Wargame EE, and Total War Shogun II for a whopping $67.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

lordcooper

« Reply #377 on: August 18, 2012, 11:27:45 PM »
Sent :)

Anyone else?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

boog

« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2012, 11:34:14 PM »
My sister found the complete Lunar set at this used book/electronic store for 27 buckaroos. Lucky whore.

I'm about to confiscate it and play ALL DAY.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2012, 05:57:17 AM »
Thanks for the hook up, LC!

Anyone interested in a 75% off coupon for Portal 2 on steam?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Hot_Dancer

« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2012, 10:27:37 AM »
I love this thread - you guys do all the game shopping for me.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2012, 10:01:11 PM »
Fuck Games for Windows Live. Why do developers use such a bullshit DRM system that punishes lawful customers and does nothing to pirates?

I'm locked out of Arkham City for who knows how long because after starting the game up, GFWL is telling me my product key has already been redeemed. All of my fucking rage.

Case

• Helper
« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2012, 10:03:22 PM »
Fuck Games for Windows Live. Why do developers use such a bullshit DRM system that punishes lawful customers and does nothing to pirates?

I'm locked out of Arkham City for who knows how long because after starting the game up, GFWL is telling me my product key has already been redeemed. All of my fucking rage.
Is it bought via Steam?

lordcooper

« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2012, 01:33:52 AM »
Why do developers use such a bullshit DRM system that punishes lawful customers and does nothing to pirates?

I think appeasing shareholders might have something to do with it.  It means they can say that they're 'trying' to fight piracy without melting or something.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2012, 02:18:52 AM »
Nah, got it through another website. Google reveals that this is an absurdly common problem that just goes to show how ballsed up GFWL is. I've already contacted the seller's support email for another code.

Bcw81 and I have been playing Wargame pretty heavily for the past day and it's a solid game. Definitely a unique take on the RTS genre with some intense multiplayer.

Akaramu

« Reply #385 on: August 20, 2012, 03:38:00 AM »

Yes plz.

Me too! Do you still have one left? Been meaning to try this when I'm done with X3.

lordcooper

« Reply #386 on: August 20, 2012, 04:05:34 AM »

Yes plz.

Me too! Do you still have one left? Been meaning to try this when I'm done with X3.

I'll PM you one in a sec :)

Four more left after this.

E: Alpha Centauri is an absolute joy.  My life would have been very different (probably worse) if I'd discovered it when it first came out.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:46:17 AM by lordcooper »

bcw81

• Helper
« Reply #387 on: August 20, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »
Nah, got it through another website. Google reveals that this is an absurdly common problem that just goes to show how ballsed up GFWL is. I've already contacted the seller's support email for another code.

Bcw81 and I have been playing Wargame pretty heavily for the past day and it's a solid game. Definitely a unique take on the RTS genre with some intense multiplayer.

I find Wargame to be pretty similar to Endwar, though, it's still pretty damn fun. Blowing away them damn Commies with helicopters is the best.

It's also hilarious to watch him bitch about GFWL.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:09:00 AM by bcw81 »

A female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Jingo

« Reply #388 on: August 20, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
Four more days till GW2.

Squee!
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Kieandatu

« Reply #389 on: August 21, 2012, 02:02:28 AM »

Malken

« Reply #390 on: August 21, 2012, 02:03:48 AM »
Four more days till GW2.

Squee!

Wow, didn't realize. Nice!

SO LONG ARMAGEDDON, HAHAHA, SUCKERS!!!!!

(must have said that a hundred times in my lifetime already)
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #391 on: August 21, 2012, 03:29:08 AM »

I find Wargame to be pretty similar to Endwar, though, it's still pretty damn fun. Blowing away them damn Commies with helicopters is the best.

It's also hilarious to watch him bitch about GFWL.

You keep saying that but there aren't any similarities I can think of besides the fact that it's a... well... nope, there are none. Endwar utilized a shitty rock paper scissors system in which armor beat infantry, infantry beat air, and air beat armor. Wargame goes in the opposite direction. Pretty much every class of unit has some sort of weapon that can take out every other unit class. It's how to combine your forces and coordinate attacks that determines the winner.

edit: GW2GW2GW2 MY BODY IS READY
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:05:56 AM by HavokBlue »

lordcooper

« Reply #392 on: August 21, 2012, 06:06:30 AM »
I was really quite looking forward to that new C&C game.  Then they made it f2p and multiplayer only.  Fucking EA.

Anyone know of any decent new or soon to be released RTS games?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:08:14 AM by lordcooper »

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #393 on: August 21, 2012, 08:29:41 AM »
One thing with GW2 is that once you pick a server you are stuck on that server.  I know I will be on Maguuma within a particular guild of Goons >.>
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #394 on: August 21, 2012, 08:43:24 AM »
I was really quite looking forward to that new C&C game.  Then they made it f2p and multiplayer only.  Fucking EA.

Anyone know of any decent new or soon to be released RTS games?

Heart of the Swarm.

lordcooper

« Reply #395 on: August 21, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Hm, does SC2 have a decent SP campaign then?  I'd always thought it was pretty much solely a MP thing.

Jingo

« Reply #396 on: August 21, 2012, 08:18:55 PM »
It has a -decent- single player campaign. That's about all I'll say in favor of it.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #397 on: August 21, 2012, 08:21:38 PM »
Decent sums up my feelings as well. Gameplay is fun, story is -decent-.

lordcooper

« Reply #398 on: August 21, 2012, 10:00:23 PM »
Oh, I couldn't care less about the story in most RTS games.  I meant decent as in 'provides a variety of mission types' and 'AI poses a reasonable threat without absolutely cheating'.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #399 on: August 22, 2012, 02:20:40 AM »
Then yeah I'd call it good. Quite enjoyable. One of the best RTS campaigns I've played. Though also quite different from your standard RTS campaign.