Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 805523 times)

Kieandatu

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2012, 02:59:39 PM »
Is anyone else in the End of Nations Alpha?

If so, can you explain... uh. THE GAME? During the times it isn't incredibly laggy, I don't actually understand what is going on. I joined a 4v4 game, and lost 2 minutes in but we had just taken a drop point and the defeat screen only listed me and one other person.

Nevermind the fact that some people in the Last Stand instance only lose a single unit and I have a hard time doing ANYTHING after the first 4 waves.

janeshephard

« Reply #276 on: July 18, 2012, 03:35:24 PM »
Empire Total War is available for $4.99 on Steam, just bought it and spent another $5 on the DLC. Will post my thoughts in the days to come.

There's a whole Total War megapack up for sale on steam right now if you're into those types of games. Shogun 2 didn't interest me. Regret the purchase.
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Malken

« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2012, 04:07:47 PM »
Empire Total War is available for $4.99 on Steam, just bought it and spent another $5 on the DLC. Will post my thoughts in the days to come.

There's a whole Total War megapack up for sale on steam right now if you're into those types of games. Shogun 2 didn't interest me. Regret the purchase.

I did too :) Didn't buy the rest of them because I already own them all.
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

lordcooper

« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
Just finished playing To The Moon.  It's absolutely fantastic, even if it did cause a speck of dust to fly into my eye a couple of times.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Jingo

« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
I actually looks like the new edition of Dark Souls will be available on Steam.

:o

So anyone that missed it the first time around consoles should check it out.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:43:25 PM by Jingo »
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Akaramu

« Reply #280 on: July 19, 2012, 08:22:37 AM »
You people talking about Crusader Kings 2... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

I haven't gone to work on two and a half hours of sleep in several years! And I haven't even tried the Game of Thrones mod yet... I wanted to go to bed, I really did, and then just wanted to quickly play through a few months.  :-\

janeshephard

« Reply #281 on: July 19, 2012, 12:05:42 PM »
I had an amazing King of Ireland and Brittany who also happened to be a homosexual. His son, and sole heir was a complete waste of space so the game triggered an event where the king would lament over leaving his kingdom to an unworthy heir.

The King was battle scarred, honest, pious, kind and a genius. A martial warlord who usurped the dutchy of Brittany only a few years into his succession, and later one by one picked off the counties in Ireland, through claims both true and fabricated. His foe in Ireland, the Duke of Munster, did not stand as chance. The king then crowned himself King of Ireland and King of Brittany.

The son was craven and deceitful. A murdering, abritrary, spawn of satan who murdered two of his wifes. The son was not well liked, but a genius when it came to intrigue.

The king then decided to try and have another child, should it be a son, maybe the current heir can be removed. Unfortunately months later a daughter was born, the king died shortly after in his sleep, and his unworthy son inherited the two kingdoms only to watch his vassals rebel.

Playing the son I went full out bloodthirsty. I married my first daughter, my heir, to a courtier of my choosing through a matrilineal marriage. I then, did everything I could to piss off my vassals during feasts, and other events. One by one they revolted and one by one I put them to the sword or banished them from my realm. Eventually I had retitled almost everything to new nobles who would remain in my debt for their entire lives.

Unfortunately all that executing of noble blood ended up getting the King of Scotland to request my excommunication. Shortly after the shores of Ireland were brimming with foreign troops eager to pillage, and seige my holdings.

It was cool while it lasted :)

And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

janeshephard

« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2012, 10:24:56 PM »
Having the hardest time claiming the empire of Brittania. If  I go to claim Scotland, England and Norway keep running in and waging war. I end up spending so much time fighting 3 countries for a handful of Scottish counties.

Also what generates drift in culture? Like turning Brittany into De Jure Ireland.

Akaramu

« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »
Taking it very slow, my 4th generation character is only just about to start planning the invasion of England. Fortunately for me, England is being torn apart by civil war and two small independant nations who both want their share of the big cake. Previously, I had conquered the entire kingdom of Scotland for a relative who somehow ended up having a claim on it - the why still eludes me, but who cares, I put him on the throne. Then I murdered his 60 year old wife and married him to my daughter in a matrilineal marriage. SCOTLAND SHALL BE MINE!

Doing pretty good with my kingly bloodline, they generally all have pretty good traits. But the rest of the growing family keeps on plotting against me. Recently they forced me to change the succession law to 'family eldest inherits'. Was quite a pain to change it back to 'eldest child inherits all'. I did NOT want to continue playing with my uncle's useless bloodline.  >:(

janeshephard

« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »

Doing pretty good with my kingly bloodline, they generally all have pretty good traits. But the rest of the growing family keeps on plotting against me. Recently they forced me to change the succession law to 'family eldest inherits'. Was quite a pain to change it back to 'eldest child inherits all'. I did NOT want to continue playing with my uncle's useless bloodline.  >:(

I appoint all excess males to bishopries and refuse to marry them. If they do it in secret I plot to kill their wifes. I'm not a kinslayer... it's family afterall, but their wives aren't going to be having any kids I can't control myself.

Malken

« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition for 5$ on Steam.

What a super duper great strategy game.

janeshephard

« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2012, 06:17:13 PM »

If you like graphical spreadsheets sure... ;)

Malken

« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2012, 06:48:18 PM »

If you like graphical spreadsheets sure... ;)

Reading your 'adventures' in Crusader Kings II, I'm going to assume that we both do  :P

lordcooper

« Reply #288 on: July 22, 2012, 10:00:21 PM »

In lesser, non zing related news, I'm about to start on The Longest Journey.

Akaramu

« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2012, 03:46:13 PM »
I can't wait to get home and RESUME MY PLANS FOR WORLD DOMINATION with Ireland in Crusader Kings 2.

Man, I'm so addicted.  :(

janeshephard

« Reply #290 on: July 23, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »
I can't wait to get home and RESUME MY PLANS FOR WORLD DOMINATION with Ireland in Crusader Kings 2.

Man, I'm so addicted.  :(

I'm putting the game away because it ate my life. Spent maybe 3 weeks just playing it all day long. Need to go get work done.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #291 on: July 24, 2012, 04:34:18 AM »
I've been playing Civ 5 lately.

1300 AD. Samurai rise as the dominant military force in Japan. Led by Great General Patton, the Samurai conquer the majority of France and relegate former world power Napoleon to a tiny island off the coast of Alaska.
1315 AD. Japan and Persia jointly declare war on Arabia, both seeking to claim territory to expand their borders.
1325 AD. Japanese forces fight a hard battle against the Arabian city of Medina, nearly seizing the city only to have Persian cavalry emerge from the fog to take it for themselves.
1330 AD. Persian King Darius I denounces all ties to Japan, causing Japan's allies to withdraw their support.
1340 AD. Japan enters a period of stagnation brought on by civil unrest in occupied French cities and American expansionism blocking Japanese borders.
1625 AD. Japanese Warlord Oda Nobunaga invents gunpowder. The world trembles.
1650 AD. Japanese riflemen lead by Great General Jeanne D'Arc reach the front line in the raging conflict against Japan's former ally, Ghandi of India, and Ghandi's proto-UN consisting of India, America, and Arabia. They are promptly slaughtered by men with pointy sticks.

Little do they know... I'm hard at work developing the infrastructure for mass mechanized warfare, come the 19th century.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Kol

« Reply #292 on: July 24, 2012, 09:35:36 AM »
 I haven't been able to afford PLEX for my EVE account for a while now, so instead I brought this..

I still miss EVE.....
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Tuannon

« Reply #293 on: July 24, 2012, 10:12:46 AM »

Only about 2 years too late.

Kind of looking forward to Guild Wars 2, but really having a hard time getting enthused while dodging hype. And lets not even get started on Planetside 2.

janeshephard

« Reply #294 on: July 24, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »
Oooh... so close to embracing a heresy in CK2.

spicemustflow

« Reply #295 on: July 24, 2012, 01:13:46 PM »
I'm trying to run through Torment again, this time with an evil Nameless One. I don't have the heart for it :(

Case

• Helper
« Reply #296 on: July 24, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »
The kid of the ruler I made in CK2 is the best I have ever seen. Average skill of 22, with 33 stewardship. No bad traits.

janeshephard

« Reply #297 on: July 24, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »
The kid of the ruler I made in CK2 is the best I have ever seen. Average skill of 22, with 33 stewardship. No bad traits.

Wtf, Bene Gesserit breeding? Are those personal stats or state ones?

lordcooper

« Reply #298 on: July 25, 2012, 01:29:44 AM »
I managed to inherit the Kingdoms of England, Ireland, Scotland, Norway and France simultaneously.  Winning!

Akaramu

« Reply #299 on: July 25, 2012, 02:55:29 AM »
I managed to inherit the Kingdoms of England, Ireland, Scotland, Norway and France simultaneously.  Winning!

Whoa. How did you pull that off? :o