Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 741767 times)

Gunnerblaster

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2012, 04:47:50 AM »
Managed to snag myself a nearly mint-condition copy of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for the pre-owned price.

Suh-weet.

Came with a flawless copy of the Witcher 2 soundtrack, as well. Awesome score - Love listening to it while ARMing.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2012, 11:13:17 AM »
Got a priority beta key for Planetside 2. I really can't wait for that to start up.

I'm so upset about this because I can't find my old PS1 account and I hate SOE's account management system to reset passwords and crap.  It's so freaken annoying.  I -think- I got a beta key put in, I have no clue.  I want to play this damn beta so badly.

You aren't missing anything yet, it's still not live.

Good news for you is everyone with a Planetside 1 account gets beta access, and will be prioritized for the first wave of invites.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Armaddict

« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2012, 12:41:51 PM »
Who is playing EVE Online these days?  I'm reactivating my accounts.

I do.  I see Halaster log in every now and again as well.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »
Got a priority beta key for Planetside 2. I really can't wait for that to start up.

I'm so upset about this because I can't find my old PS1 account and I hate SOE's account management system to reset passwords and crap.  It's so freaken annoying.  I -think- I got a beta key put in, I have no clue.  I want to play this damn beta so badly.

Good news for you is everyone with a Planetside 1 account gets beta access, and will be prioritized for the first wave of invites.

Yeah, problem I'm having is that the old account is on an old AOL e-mail I don't have access too anymore... which sucks.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Akaramu

« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2012, 04:23:50 PM »
Awww. I remember having some email exchanges about Eve online with Halaster. It's heartwarming that he still plays.

Malken

« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2012, 04:25:21 PM »
Awww. I remember having some email exchanges about Eve online with Halaster. It's heartwarming that he still plays.

Last game I played with Halaster was Age of Conan heheh :)

Soo long ago, it seems!
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

Yam

« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2012, 04:29:29 PM »

I miss Planetside.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »

I miss Planetside.

If you have an account from way back when, they just gave every existing account a bunch of free game time.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

marko

« Reply #208 on: July 01, 2012, 01:59:50 AM »
I still play EVE Online.  Kinda.

Sorta.

I skill up in EVE Online.

Evoru

« Reply #209 on: July 01, 2012, 02:44:18 AM »
I like board games. A lot. I recently blew $60 on Arkham Asylum so that I could be repeatedly mauled by Cthulhu and made to feel shame over my inability to save the world.
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society.
~Mark Twain

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2012, 05:11:50 AM »
Picked up Dawn of War 1 and all expansions during the DoW steam sale. I'm quickly remembering why this is one of my favorite RTS games ever.

Armaddict

« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2012, 05:24:40 AM »
Picked up Dawn of War 1 and all expansions during the DoW steam sale. I'm quickly remembering why this is one of my favorite RTS games ever.

I'm in love with Soulstorm.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Malken

« Reply #212 on: July 01, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »

I was just going to post the link to it! It's still on sale, 14.99$ for Dawn of War 2 - Complete pack :)

It's not one of my favorite RTS game ever, it IS my favorite RTS game ever.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7432/
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #213 on: July 01, 2012, 04:36:05 PM »
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Cind

« Reply #214 on: July 01, 2012, 11:45:18 PM »
"shrapnel." Its messed up. Freaking love it. Short text game.

You'll have to download the client that its made for, but it doesn't take too long. Guy who made them has other games in the list but shrapnel is my favorite of the ones I've played.

http://adamcadre.ac/if.html

EDIT: Oh, wait, browser client, here it is. http://zmpp.sourceforge.net/games/play.php?name=Shrapnel%20%28Adam%20Cadre%29&storyfile=shrapnel.z5
Playing something new could be just what you need!

lordcooper

« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2012, 09:06:05 AM »

About damn time.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

redkank

« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2012, 01:43:14 PM »

janeshephard

« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2012, 05:13:04 PM »

About damn time.

Heh. Hoping end of 2013 as that's just about right for a hardware refresh on my end.
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

spicemustflow

« Reply #218 on: July 03, 2012, 06:06:38 AM »
"shrapnel." Its messed up. Freaking love it. Short text game.

I heard it is very good. I played Varicella from the same guy and, while very good, the time limit made in extremely frustrating. But Varicella is awesome antihero.

lordcooper

« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dhagar/cult-awakening-of-the-old-ones

Promising game being made by nice guy.  Check it out?

30 hours to go and it's almost 600% funded.

janeshephard

« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »
Anyone playing The Secret World?

Curious if its any good or just another MMO failure.
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

lordcooper

« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2012, 11:19:37 PM »
Commandos: B.E.L. AAIQP-6J0C2-8Q4XP
Commandos: B.C.D. A6PEH-3E7PV-6JZRB

Some old school strategy games that will totally kick your ass.  Keys can be redeemed on Steam.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2012, 08:55:04 AM »
Anyone playing The Secret World?

Curious if its any good or just another MMO failure.

I am.  It's not a failure, but it's not amazing.  The game is very good in my opinion and gets away from the typical MMO style that out there.  Gamespy really has a good WIP review on it, http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-secret-world/1225319p1.html.

I really enjoy the Investigation quests and how the game allows you to create your class how you feel like it.  Character creation, like Gamespy says, is kinda lack luster and combat while interesting seems to lack a bit.  It's in my opinion one of the best games Funcom has put out and with a bit more time will turn it into an even better game.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Hot_Dancer

« Reply #223 on: July 06, 2012, 07:00:32 PM »
..Total War is bringing in Rome? ..My life is over. OVER
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Dakota

« Reply #224 on: July 06, 2012, 07:15:13 PM »
i want to play DayZ.
Czar of City Elves.