Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 806597 times)

Malken

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »
Another $9.99 spent. Just bought this.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209830/

It looks like he has this permanent huge smile on his face..

Like...  ;D
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

Dalmeth

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2012, 11:27:11 PM »

Like...  ;D

Nothing funny in this game.  ALL CREEPY AS HELL.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2012, 07:44:04 AM »
This looks so fun. Bought.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2012, 01:52:25 PM »
Never bought games on Steam before. Is it as easy as I assume? Download (steam), Make Account, Purchase game with credit card, download, play?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Yam

« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »
Yep!

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2012, 02:09:27 PM »
You can access these games offline, as well?

If they're off-line games, I mean.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

janeshephard

« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2012, 02:09:47 PM »

Like...  ;D

I think its the surgical mask he's wearing in the opening scene.
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

janeshephard

« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2012, 02:10:05 PM »
You can access these games offline, as well?

If they're off-line games, I mean.

Yes.
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

lordcooper

« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
Caution: Steam can and will force you to spend far more money than you intend to on games.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »

Like...  ;D

I think its the surgical mask he's wearing in the opening scene.

It is indeed. But now I have this damn smiley face burned into my thoughts every time I look at him it it kinda ruins the mood :(

lordcooper

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2012, 09:11:19 AM »
Xenonauts (a great looking XCOM remake) are doing a Kickstarter.  There is a link where you can download the current development build.  It's well worth checking out if you're interested in a more faithful successor than Firaxis are making.

janeshephard

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »
Xenonauts (a great looking XCOM remake) are doing a Kickstarter.  There is a link where you can download the current development build.  It's well worth checking out if you're interested in a more faithful successor than Firaxis are making.

I actually pre-ordered a copy a week ago and have the latest dev build.

Hoping they add more content soon and get it through beta. It's working but it feels very empty.

janeshephard

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »
"The class system, or vocation, makes a difference to the gameplay and tactical options available to the player, ranging from Fighters relying on hack and slash combat (with a move-set similar to Capcom's Devil May Cry) to Striders relying on climbing over large enemies (like in Shadow of the Colossus).[11]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Dogma

Demo is already out. This will be out in a couple of weeks. DARK SOULS MEETS SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS.

To quote The Mask: "SOMEBODY STOP ME!"

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 03:50:58 PM by janeshephard »

lordcooper

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2012, 08:28:51 AM »
I'm considering buying it on PC just to play this

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2012, 09:09:16 AM »
I've been messing around with the new portal level editor and I cannot, for the life of me, come up with puzzles.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2012, 06:50:49 PM »
Got an invite to the Counter Strike Global Offensive beta. I'll post my thoughts up after I've played it a bit!
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

janeshephard

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2012, 10:53:53 PM »
Played the first episode of the Walking Dead game on the PS3 (PSN title), and it rocked. Very good writing. Highly recommend.

I got the season pass.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2012, 10:17:21 AM »
I've been playing The Witcher 2 on XBOX. I really like it. It's kept my interest unlike a lot of other video games out there. I "skip" the sex scenes. They're awkward.
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2012, 02:18:36 PM »
I've been playing The Witcher 2 on XBOX. I really like it. It's kept my interest unlike a lot of other video games out there. I "skip" the sex scenes. They're awkward.

I'm pretty cheap so I'm going to wait until the price drops - Or a used version comes in before I get it, but it does look like a really awesome game.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

spicemustflow

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2012, 04:22:42 PM »
OK, Eve is kinda interesting. I may end up paying subscription. I thought I'd just buy PLEX but I lost **tons of cash** playing drunk.

There is a feeling similar to Arm, I'm scared shitless of PvP. Should I be? What If I try to molest a miner and he turns out to have a much better understanding of the ship systems than I do?

spacewars

« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
OK, Eve is kinda interesting. I may end up paying subscription. I thought I'd just buy PLEX but I lost **tons of cash** playing drunk.

There is a feeling similar to Arm, I'm scared shitless of PvP. Should I be? What If I try to molest a miner and he turns out to have a much better understanding of the ship systems than I do?

It is the way of the game, i've played for a long time, still scared shitless of pvp
and just a hint most miners mine because they have backup just a jump away.

janeshephard

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2012, 09:28:28 AM »
Don't PvP alone. That's all I learned.

When I tried Eve I joined the friendly Eve University corp. It was far from friendly. I know of one guy who does play Eve at my previous work place. He's a nice enough gentlemen to work with but I'd never go near him outside work :( He has "social" problems.

I don't see the draw to Eve unless you enjoy obsessing over it. It does reward that type of fantasy.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »
Avoid EVE University. They have some really stupid policies, like killing their own pilots to prevent enemies from getting the credit.

spicemustflow

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
Not PvP-ing alone appears to be a sound advice, I'll try to find some RP friendly Minmatar corps. but since I'm still on trial and have no time to play obsessively, it probably won't be an easy find. Mission running is insanely boring, and I'd turn to smuggling if those concord ships didn't give me the creeps, so the plan for tonight is: finish my missile operation training, load up some rockets and head off to a lower sec system in vain hope that I'll find some even less experienced to mug. Now, if only my ship's capacitor wouldn't fry when I load more than two modules, that'd be great.

spacewars

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »
Not PvP-ing alone appears to be a sound advice, I'll try to find some RP friendly Minmatar corps. but since I'm still on trial and have no time to play obsessively, it probably won't be an easy find. Mission running is insanely boring, and I'd turn to smuggling if those concord ships didn't give me the creeps, so the plan for tonight is: finish my missile operation training, load up some rockets and head off to a lower sec system in vain hope that I'll find some even less experienced to mug. Now, if only my ship's capacitor wouldn't fry when I load more than two modules, that'd be great.

Your going to get popped
i've been playing for many years now and people still pop my ships in 30 secs