Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 818633 times)

RogueGunslinger

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #12050 on: November 10, 2019, 08:10:13 AM »
15 hours in and Red Dead Redemption 2 is the best open world game I've played. It's better than The Witcher 3 when it comes to exploration, gameplay, immersion. Not sure if the writing/story is better yet. Will see in time.

If you are worried about PC release and optimization definitely wait for more patches. It's crashed twice on me, but runs better than I thought it would on my 1060 3gig, 8gig ram, 1700x. Average 55 fps, with lowest never dropping below 30. But it took a lot of finagling with settings. I'm on mostly medium with some low settings. I haven't noticed any stutter, which I normally can when a game drops to 30fps.

Hauwke

« Reply #12051 on: November 10, 2019, 03:04:51 PM »
15 hours in and Red Dead Redemption 2 is the best open world game I've played. It's better than The Witcher 3 when it comes to exploration, gameplay, immersion. Not sure if the writing/story is better yet. Will see in time.

If you are worried about PC release and optimization definitely wait for more patches. It's crashed twice on me, but runs better than I thought it would on my 1060 3gig, 8gig ram, 1700x. Average 55 fps, with lowest never dropping below 30. But it took a lot of finagling with settings. I'm on mostly medium with some low settings. I haven't noticed any stutter, which I normally can when a game drops to 30fps.

Did you wait for the PC release?

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #12052 on: November 10, 2019, 07:12:53 PM »
Yep. How good this game looks is constantly blowing me away. Keep finding myself sidetracking down multiple side missions and hunting trips, finding ways to earn money, im thoroughly enjoying it.

Hauwke

« Reply #12053 on: November 10, 2019, 07:42:15 PM »
Yep. How good this game looks is constantly blowing me away. Keep finding myself sidetracking down multiple side missions and hunting trips, finding ways to earn money, im thoroughly enjoying it.

Oh you are in for such a treat. Even the ps4 version of the game was really pretty, so I can only imagine what it would look like on a high end PC.