Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 657433 times)

RogueGunslinger

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #11850 on: October 29, 2018, 04:07:40 PM »
How is the first person perspective in that game?

MeTekillot

« Reply #11851 on: October 29, 2018, 05:02:53 PM »
Salright. Game is a bit clunky in general.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 05:04:36 PM by MeTekillot »

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #11852 on: October 29, 2018, 11:56:35 PM »
How do you think it'll handle multiplayer?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

MeTekillot

« Reply #11853 on: October 30, 2018, 06:20:06 AM »
Meritable ideas ruined by grinding and griefing. I'll play on free aim only if it's available.

Bushranger

« Reply #11854 on: November 01, 2018, 06:35:13 PM »
I'll be staying as far away from it as possible while playing RDR 2.

This, except for the playing RDR 2 part. I'm not a fan of multiplayer games overall, and wish Bethesda would focus on the next single player game already...

We did get a teaser that the next Elder Scrolls is being worked on. I'm super excited about this :)
Quote from: Morgenes
Ya..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.
Quote from: Eukelade
Now I'm starving -1 karma Bushranger -1 karma.
Quote from: Shalooonsh
Kudos to you bushranger for confusing staff.

MeTekillot

« Reply #11855 on: November 01, 2018, 08:26:20 PM »
I honestly am not. They won't let Gamebryo die so it's gonna be some jury rigged money grab casualfied bullshit that probably wont even run on launch.

MeTekillot

« Reply #11856 on: November 02, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »
I'm also disappointed at the lack of overt homoerotocism in RDR2.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:07:00 PM by MeTekillot »

Veselka

« Reply #11857 on: November 04, 2018, 04:16:06 PM »
I like that every time I go to a Saloon I seem to get in a fight  8)
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11858 on: November 04, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »
Destiny 2 base game is free forever if you have Battle.net and get it before the 18th. The question is, is it worth downloading 80 gigs for?

flurry

« Reply #11859 on: November 04, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »
I like how the prey animals behave in RDR2. I was bow hunting, approaching a few deer, and decided to stop to pick a nearby herb. The deer heard me picking the herb and took off running. Oops.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11860 on: November 07, 2018, 07:05:02 AM »
Destiny 2 base game is free forever if you have Battle.net and get it before the 18th. The question is, is it worth downloading 80 gigs for?

The answer to this was a resounding yes. This game is very good. Surprisingly good considering its initial reception. I honestly can't believe it's free. The gameplay is fantastic, and it looks beautiful. Story is good enough to keep my interest. The settings and the scale of everything is just so massive and well designed.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 07:09:46 AM by RogueGunslinger »

Cind

« Reply #11861 on: November 08, 2018, 02:12:58 AM »
Breath of the Wild has swallowed me alive again. I'm still not sure if destroying Ganon is worth the trouble given that you start the game over afterwards, because I don't know what happens afterwards and if I'll get to keep all my treasures.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #11862 on: November 08, 2018, 01:37:34 PM »
Breath of the Wild has swallowed me alive again. I'm still not sure if destroying Ganon is worth the trouble given that you start the game over afterwards, because I don't know what happens afterwards and if I'll get to keep all my treasures.
From a poster on a Gamefaqs forum asking whether or not you can continue after beating Ganon; "It does the thing where it reloads you right outside the final boss door prior to killing him, but with a star on your save file."

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75086857

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Hauwke

« Reply #11863 on: November 08, 2018, 03:08:38 PM »
First person mode in RDR2 is clunky. It is nice to be able to cowboy in and play it as an FPS, but some of the little things are annoying. Like if you start running, the camera is forced forward in the direction of the run.

That is my only complaint with the game so far, otherwise, fabulous game.

MeTekillot

« Reply #11864 on: November 10, 2018, 10:22:40 AM »
I honestly am not. They won't let Gamebryo die so it's gonna be some jury rigged money grab casualfied bullshit that probably wont even run on launch.
Quote from: Todd Howard
“For Fallout 76 we have changed a lot,” Todd Howard told Gamestar this year. “The game uses a new renderer, a new lighting system and a new system for the landscape generation. For Starfield even more of it changes. And for The Elder Scrolls 6, out there on the horizon even more. We like our editor. It allows us to create worlds really fast and the modders know it really well. There are some elementary ways we create our games and that will continue because that lets us be efficient and we think it works best.”

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #11865 on: November 10, 2018, 12:39:14 PM »
This has probably already been discussed but who is getting Fallout 76 for PS4?  I'll be pre ordering it.

Also currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn again.  I love it so much.
Already pre-ordered for PS4, along with several of my buddies. We played during the B.E.T.A. and we had a good time. My expectations weren't particularly high. I've had my standards set that FO76 will play as a full-game sized multiplayer DLC for FO4, which was relatively spot on. The lack of interactive human was different but not game-breaking. Players just have to realize that it's a different time/setting than the others, where they've had time to rebuild.

And Horizon is probably one of my top choice of games, in the past several years. It played well, had a smooth storyline, and - Living in Colorado Springs - is fun to explore the remnants of my own city. It was fun exploring the ruins of the USAF Academy. It was also the first game that I've been able to play, from start to finish, that had no glitches (that I encountered) nor did it blue screen on me, at any time. Overall, a gorgeous game that had a lot of developer care put into it's development. My only complaint was the lack of free climb ability.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #11866 on: November 10, 2018, 07:51:17 PM »
I have four steam coupons for 33% off Divinity 2. PM if interested.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11867 on: November 11, 2018, 03:55:28 AM »
After spending about 30 hours playing free Destiny 2 and beating it's main story. I decided to buy Forsaken, the newest DLC which comes with the previous two DLC's. It's on sale for $30. I figured I'd gotten more than 30 bucks worth for what I'd already played.

Now I'm just kind of struck with just how much I have access to. Gambit is an incredibly fun Player v Environment vs Player game mode.

I have so many Adventures, Strikes, and Patrols left just in the basic game I haven't gotten to yet. And now there's all these new stories and area and Raids and... Like holy shit the value I just got out of $30 is insane.

If you have Battle.net get the game while it's still free. If you ever had fun playing Halo(the original 3 is my refrencepoint), the gameplay for PvE is very similar to that with more bosses. Only now you can play with a bunch of other people while you get diablo-style loot and level-ups.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:00:30 AM by RogueGunslinger »

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #11868 on: November 11, 2018, 05:21:26 PM »
Forsaken is great and is the first time Destiny really feels like it has a robust endgame.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Riev

« Reply #11869 on: November 12, 2018, 11:09:57 AM »
I bought Forsaken to play with some friends who are really hardcore about it (even if they're very bad at it). I played for a couple weeks and got my Light Level up from the Base game when I played a year ago.

After a couple weeks, Warframe: Fortuna came out and I forgot what Destiny was. Give me more grinding.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Pale Horse

« Reply #11870 on: November 12, 2018, 08:02:22 PM »
Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury is being released tomorrow.

Lots of changes, but the ones I'm most keen on is the new support for a fully random a-Historical world.

The terrain stays the same but you can set up a "random" map and adjust everything to your liking.  Random cultures, random Kingdoms, Empires and Dukes (or non, if that's your thing).  Random Religions that you can adjust and change to match the new religious options.

There is also an "easter egg" that allows you to set up a world where humans must contend with...Animal Kingdoms.

That's right.  You can now have an Empire of Horses from the beginning without having to painstakingly stud Glitterhoof.  Or a Dutchy of bears.  Or Cats and Hedgehogs and Elephants, oh my.  Dragons, apparently, are also a possibility.

Choose your flavor, people.  Holy Fury where you bring the righteous wrath of the Old or New Gods down upon your enemies...or Holy Furry, where your dreams of Redwall are now a thing.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #11871 on: November 12, 2018, 08:15:45 PM »
Oh god what really?!?!!  Is there a good summary of all that?

Pale Horse

« Reply #11872 on: November 12, 2018, 08:46:09 PM »
Oh god what really?!?!!  Is there a good summary of all that?

Haven't seen a full change log.

I've just been watching streams and videos up on Youtube where various gamers were given early access to show off the possibilities.

ManyATrueNerd is the one I've been watching.  British bloke.  He streamed 7 hours of a random, animal kingdom game where he chose to play as a dragon, Zoroastrian count in a-historic Germany who reports in to a dragon duke who is vassal to a dog king.  King Slobber, to be specific.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Akaramu

« Reply #11873 on: November 13, 2018, 02:32:16 PM »
ManyATrueNerd is the one I've been watching.  British bloke.  He streamed 7 hours of a random, animal kingdom game where he chose to play as a dragon, Zoroastrian count in a-historic Germany who reports in to a dragon duke who is vassal to a dog king.  King Slobber, to be specific.

OMG I have to buy this expansion!  :o Been playing CK II for nearly 300 hours and there's no end in sight... sigh. A random map generator was one of the things I wanted the most. Now if they made a full Fantasy conversion...  :-*

Akaramu

« Reply #11874 on: November 13, 2018, 03:06:32 PM »

OMG I have to buy this expansion!  :o Been playing CK II for nearly 300 hours and there's no end in sight... sigh. A random map generator was one of the things I wanted the most. Now if they made a full Fantasy conversion...  :-*

I also just went and bought every expansion I didn't already have for 43 bucks total. There's a 50% sale going on...  :'(