Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 654935 times)

Hauwke

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #11625 on: May 15, 2018, 03:14:49 AM »
I have been playing the crap out of Warframe on the ps4. If you ever wanted to be a ninja in a biological robo-suit or something and smack things around, now is your chance folks!
For a free to play game, it's incredible how far Warframe has come, since it's early access Steam days. I played it entirely too much on Steam, dropped it, and picked it up again, years later. Had a blast, every time.

Definately, and just about everything can be gotten with enough effort, just takes time and a bunch of playing.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #11626 on: May 15, 2018, 04:49:44 AM »
It's a game I love to step away and come back to as I always find it fun.  I enjoy it more though when I have friends to play with.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Hauwke

« Reply #11627 on: May 15, 2018, 06:18:16 AM »
Well what platform do you play from? Because if its ps4 we could hook up potentially.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 06:38:51 AM by Hauwke »

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #11628 on: May 15, 2018, 08:31:13 AM »
Well what platform do you play from? Because if its ps4 we could hook up potentially.

I play on PC.  I don't even own a console anymore.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Hauwke

« Reply #11629 on: May 15, 2018, 05:19:49 PM »
Understandable, if I had a good quality gaming PC I probably wouldnt even use my consoles much either.

Akaramu

« Reply #11630 on: May 15, 2018, 05:40:17 PM »
Same here, I have a PS3 but can't be bothered to buy a PS4 because... only so much time for games and there are plenty of great ones for PC. It's also much, much easier to play oldies (like from GoG) on a computer - consoles tend to not be very downward compatible. Besides, many good console games get ported to Windows anyway.

Riev

« Reply #11631 on: May 16, 2018, 09:10:53 AM »
Same here, I have a PS3 but can't be bothered to buy a PS4 because... only so much time for games and there are plenty of great ones for PC. It's also much, much easier to play oldies (like from GoG) on a computer - consoles tend to not be very downward compatible. Besides, many good console games get ported to Windows anyway.

Still waiting on that Fable 2 PC release.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Potaje

« Reply #11632 on: May 16, 2018, 12:42:15 PM »
if you like battle arenas, cars and blow stuff up check out crossout. Its pretty cool for a battle arena.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Hauwke

« Reply #11633 on: May 16, 2018, 07:53:40 PM »
Robo craft was pretty sweet until they changed the way you got loot, it was heaps of fun building and blowing up blocky robots. The change itself didnt stop me playing, but still it was a terrible change I think.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #11634 on: May 16, 2018, 09:44:50 PM »
I play Warframe on PC too. It's fun and simple but grindy (like Diablo 3).

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #11635 on: May 18, 2018, 07:03:14 AM »
Yeah, the grindy part is the annoying part.  Doing it with friends makes it a bit more fun.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #11636 on: May 18, 2018, 05:09:03 PM »
Just watched one of those no commentary playthroughs of God of War 4. It was actually a really good game, from what I viewed, with a ridiculous amount of content, in comparison to the previous installments.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #11637 on: May 19, 2018, 07:12:45 AM »
So I picked up Conan, I'll get on the server once I have it installed.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:

Cind

« Reply #11638 on: May 19, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »
Fable, the Lost Chapters, on a real, still-working Xbox, and Twilight Princess, on Wii U, for like the eighth time. They gave that game's graphics a lot of love while managing to keep its vibes intact.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Hauwke

« Reply #11639 on: May 19, 2018, 10:23:45 PM »
Man Twilight Princess was the shit. I loved that game so goddamn much.

MeTekillot

« Reply #11640 on: May 20, 2018, 06:02:05 PM »
We see you haven't logged in in a while. Let's make it a little longer, because you need to go through our four step validation process to make sure it's you since it's been a while.

Really though I like higher security checks for online credentials but god, what a pain in the ass.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #11641 on: May 21, 2018, 06:33:15 AM »
So I am fully enjoying Conan Exiles, this is a great game and I'm looking forward to playing it more.  Wife is gone for a week... holy crap tons of game time.

EDIT:  Anyone in the EU playing and on a EU server by chance?  I'd be interested in joining up.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:

Riev

« Reply #11642 on: May 21, 2018, 12:14:40 PM »
Lady-woman is going away for most of the weekend. I think I'll finally have time to finish up Battletech, and maybe check out Warframe as my Diablo 3 replacement.

Though my monitor keeps going black on certain games. Everything still runs, but its like it no longer receives input. Can't even get out of Warframe Tutorial because it keeps going out.

MeTekillot

« Reply #11643 on: May 21, 2018, 12:21:31 PM »
Update your drivers. How old is your machine? Pre-built with any history of failure in other models?

Akaramu

« Reply #11644 on: May 21, 2018, 02:48:37 PM »
So I am fully enjoying Conan Exiles, this is a great game and I'm looking forward to playing it more.  Wife is gone for a week... holy crap tons of game time.

Too bad it's a Funcom game  :( I will never ever give them my credit card info again.

Really looking forward to having more gaming time once the editing for my book is finished on May 27th.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #11645 on: May 21, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »

Too bad it's a Funcom game  :( I will never ever give them my credit card info again.

Really looking forward to having more gaming time once the editing for my book is finished on May 27th.

Being as I didn't give them my credit card info, that isn't an issue.  Humble Bundle did, so some goes to charity. :)
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #11646 on: May 21, 2018, 06:14:38 PM »
Lady-woman is going away for most of the weekend. I think I'll finally have time to finish up Battletech, and maybe check out Warframe as my Diablo 3 replacement.

Though my monitor keeps going black on certain games. Everything still runs, but its like it no longer receives input. Can't even get out of Warframe Tutorial because it keeps going out.
Let me know how BattleTech turns out. I am (I think) 60% through the campaign.
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Riev

« Reply #11647 on: May 22, 2018, 12:54:26 PM »
Update your drivers. How old is your machine? Pre-built with any history of failure in other models?

Not pre-built, never had this issue before, though it IS low on RAM for 2018. Latest upgrade was in 2015 I believe.

It just makes me sad. I can play Jade Empire. I can play Diablo 3. I can play Kingdom Come: Deliverance. But some games just chunk out and go to black.

lordcooper

« Reply #11648 on: May 31, 2018, 03:31:09 PM »
https://store.steampowered.com/app/718670/Cultist_Simulator/

Just released, and I can't recommend it enough ;D
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Akaramu

« Reply #11649 on: May 31, 2018, 03:47:27 PM »
https://store.steampowered.com/app/718670/Cultist_Simulator/

Just released, and I can't recommend it enough ;D

I was JUST watching a Let's Play of this!  8) It seems based on a mobile game called Underhand... will check that one out first.