Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 814241 times)

lordcooper

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #650 on: October 21, 2012, 10:46:45 AM »
Didn't play the last beta release.  I'll have a bash tonight and get back to you :)
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Marc

« Reply #651 on: October 21, 2012, 11:28:40 AM »
The vast majority of people who buy video games buy LESS than five a year

Just went through my email.  Including bundles and Kickstarter I've bought 286 (287 if donating to Toady counts) games in the last year.  That's fucking insane and has to stop.

Holy sweet Jesus mother of Mohammed, Buddha save us all.  WTF?!  How do you have time for forums, Arm, going through your email or court?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Quote from: Zhaira
I don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: Mansa
Marc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
If getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

MeTekillot

« Reply #652 on: October 21, 2012, 01:28:39 PM »
I got Dragon's Dogma. It's super cool.
My thoughts.

A sex and torture survey upon character creation

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #653 on: October 22, 2012, 03:53:02 AM »
Star Wars: Force Unleashed I - Finished!

Star Wars: Force Unleashed II - Finished!

Bought both a few days ago and finished them yesterday. Enjoyable gameplay but not really much replay value. Storyline on the second installment was pretty disappointing and the game was half as long as the first - Making it pretty damned short. Enjoyed the classical star wars themes and familiar soundtracks, mixed with a few 'jazzed up' tracks.

Considering picking up myself a copy of Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma - But the lack of multiplayer ability for Dragon's Dogma kind've puts me off.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

MeTekillot

« Reply #654 on: October 22, 2012, 06:56:18 AM »
There is some online capacity, but no multiplayer. However, the single player experience is very strong. A worthy buy, multiplayer or not.

It's like Dark Souls + Skyrim + Shadow of the Colossus.
My thoughts.

A sex and torture survey upon character creation

spicemustflow

« Reply #655 on: October 22, 2012, 07:31:06 AM »

lordcooper

« Reply #656 on: October 22, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »
http://forums.elementalgame.com/433555/page/1/#replies

Lordcooper, is it worth buying at this point? There are a lot of posts saying its good but still needs work.

Played for around two hours earlier and while the game still has many of the issues I mentioned before, it now seems to have broken the 'I'm actually kind of enjoying this' barrier.  I'll report back when I've had chance to try out the mid-late game, but I'm fairly confident there's a really fun game in here somewhere.  Whether that'll be realised by Stardock or modders remains to be seen.

I haven't played long enough to say if it's actually good yet, but it's not shit (which is saying something after War of Magic).  Still needs work, but Stardock have historically been rather good about post release support, even if the CEO is a douche.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:41:29 PM by lordcooper »

janeshephard

« Reply #657 on: October 22, 2012, 05:40:04 PM »
There is some online capacity, but no multiplayer. However, the single player experience is very strong. A worthy buy, multiplayer or not.

It's like Dark Souls + Skyrim + Shadow of the Colossus.

Dragon's Dogma is an "important" game. It does things other games never quite can.

That said replay value is limited. NG+ is not scaled to your level and fights become trivial. The online component is indirect and almost too experimental.

There is a big piece of DLC coming that will fix the replayability.

The story is a complete joke.
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Bebop

« Reply #658 on: October 22, 2012, 08:25:21 PM »
Finished Dishonored with low chaos ending yesterday.

It was kinda short but I loved it.  I do wish that I had received a cinematic ending of some sort akin to that of the theatrical trailer.  There is also the matter of the Heart which I wanted more closure regarding and of expected something different.  Overall, I loved it.  Great dystopian steampunk sorta city, believable characters, excellent lore and morality system that made you think in earnest in regards to government and relationships.

One of my favorite lines is, "The job of an aristocrat is to stay an aristocrat."

Also, Slackjaw WAS Bill the Butcher, and it was awesome.  It left me wanting to replay again and keep looking through every nook and cranny.

lordcooper

« Reply #659 on: October 24, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »
Hotline Miami is stressing me out in the best of ways.

janeshephard

« Reply #660 on: October 26, 2012, 02:08:41 PM »
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #661 on: October 26, 2012, 06:21:58 PM »
zzzz.... Had a character named Malice on my WoW account I haven't played in a year or so. Just got an email from Blizzard stating that since it's a high-demand name, and I'm not currently playing the character, they are changing the name to something else so other people can have it.

That's kind of shitty.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

janeshephard

« Reply #662 on: October 27, 2012, 09:40:30 AM »
zzzz.... Had a character named Malice on my WoW account I haven't played in a year or so. Just got an email from Blizzard stating that since it's a high-demand name, and I'm not currently playing the character, they are changing the name to something else so other people can have it.

That's kind of shitty.

Are you sure it was Blizzard? Not some phishing email trying to get you to click a link?

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #663 on: October 27, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »

That's kind of shitty.

Are you sure it was Blizzard? Not some phishing email trying to get you to click a link?

Yeah... I hope you didn't click on anything.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #664 on: October 27, 2012, 03:31:07 PM »

That's kind of shitty.

It was definitely Blizzard. I was suspicious at first too until I followed the links from my phone. It registers as the secure and verified b.net support page.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Akaramu

« Reply #665 on: October 27, 2012, 05:40:45 PM »
King's Bounty + expansions is a great alternative to the Heroes of Might&Magic series. They are closely related, but in many ways I like King's Bounty better than HoMM VI, which was a huge letdown in my opinion. Incredible how they managed to screw the magic and talent system up so much.

lordcooper

« Reply #666 on: October 27, 2012, 11:10:03 PM »
I accidentally made a creature that shoves its head up its own arse whenever it walks.  No idea why.

Maker

« Reply #667 on: October 28, 2012, 06:55:02 AM »
That makes me want to play SPORE again...
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."

-John F. Kennedy

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #668 on: October 28, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Guns of Icarus Online? I'm debating picking up the discounted package deal before it launches tomorrow.

janeshephard

« Reply #669 on: October 28, 2012, 10:48:53 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Guns of Icarus Online? I'm debating picking up the discounted package deal before it launches tomorrow.

I recall playing a version of it some years ago on OnLive. It was just called "Guns of Icarus."

Essentially, you ran around a zeppelin fixing things, and manning turrets. I think the new version introduces classes and multiplayer.

lordcooper

« Reply #670 on: October 29, 2012, 01:10:33 AM »
Played a little more Fallen Enchantress, it's actually pretty good even if the pacing is still a bit off.

lordcooper

« Reply #671 on: October 31, 2012, 12:23:46 PM »
we're thrilled to announce the upcoming Sunset Invasion DLC pack for Crusader Kings II. It introduces – wait for it – an Aztec invasion of medieval Europe!

No, we're not kidding. Say hello to Paradox's first non-historic DLC ever for one of its grand strategy games. And what a debut! This pack introduces new Aztec units, culture, portraits, events and religion, as well as a devastating new plague.

Because what could be more “Halloween” than pestilence and human sacrifice? Sunset Invasion will retail at $4.99, and lands Q4 2012.

Unexpected, but it sounds pretty cool IMO.

janeshephard

« Reply #672 on: October 31, 2012, 03:55:03 PM »

Is it easier to play with a controller? Getting my ass KICKED.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #673 on: October 31, 2012, 04:49:51 PM »

You get used to it after a while. I didn't make it too far in, but once you get intot he swing of thigns you can really blast through levels.

My tip always hold down shift, and always use the automatic rifle in bursts. Otherwise use the knife. Also you can insta-assassinate people by coming up on them quickly and hitting space-bar.

I lost interest though because the game dind't save my progress, and it's not easy to skip through.

lordcooper

« Reply #674 on: November 01, 2012, 04:00:03 AM »

You get used to it after a while. I didn't make it too far in, but once you get intot he swing of thigns you can really blast through levels.

My tip always hold down shift, and always use the automatic rifle in bursts. Otherwise use the knife. Also you can insta-assassinate people by coming up on them quickly and hitting space-bar.

I lost interest though because the game dind't save my progress, and it's not easy to skip through.

You can start at any chapter you've previously reached (and sometimes the next one for some reason).

@janeshepard: Dunno, haven't tried yet.  Try slowing things down a little if you're really struggling, I tried playing it like GTA at first and failed miserably.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:01:53 AM by lordcooper »