Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 816114 times)

Cerelum

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #11950 on: March 28, 2019, 06:43:21 PM »
https://www.stalker2.com/

This is a good month.
Got me all excited to see a useless, non-informative website.

Lemme know when it's got a release date.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

lordcooper

« Reply #11951 on: March 28, 2019, 06:45:42 PM »
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Cerelum

« Reply #11952 on: March 28, 2019, 08:30:44 PM »
Hoping Cyberpunk 2077 is out before then.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #11953 on: March 29, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »
Hoping Cyberpunk 2077 is out before then.
Cyberpunk 2077 isn't it's name. It's the release date xD

In other news, Divinity Original Sin 2 is kicking my ass and devouring all my free time.
Quote from: LauraMars
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Cind

« Reply #11954 on: March 29, 2019, 06:20:04 PM »
I deleted most of the people and venues and workplaces in my Sims 3 Sunset Valley game and now the game runs like my computer isn't dying.

I started a new Breath of the Wild file and have given up. After being rich and strong for so long, starting a new character felt like everything was out to get me in a very bad way and I knew from experience that they had the power to do so. Most of what I called the 'strength gates' (places or events you had to get to or complete in order to become stronger) involve stealth, which in a Zelda game was always the least fun parts for me. Sneaking a goron through an enemy-secured pathway without getting caught? Really?

I will never get used to using a t.v. monitor to try to play video games. Even playing Armageddon, the screen isn't big enough to hold much more than an average-sized room mdesc.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Cerelum

« Reply #11955 on: April 04, 2019, 09:58:24 AM »
https://store.steampowered.com/app/794260/Outward/

I'm interested but scared at the same time.  Deep Silver doesn't have a stellar record of game releases.

I might just have to bite the bullet and spend the fourty bucks or whatever it costs to see if it's amazing or sucks.

Hauwke

« Reply #11956 on: April 04, 2019, 05:15:55 PM »
Splattercatgaming and Mathasgames are both playing it in Youtube right now. Go to Mathas for a more storied view at it or to Splatt for just tooling around. Watch an video or two to see if you like it. It's what I do and it hasn't steered me wrong since I started.

Riev

« Reply #11957 on: April 05, 2019, 09:32:48 AM »
https://store.steampowered.com/app/794260/Outward/

I'm interested but scared at the same time.  Deep Silver doesn't have a stellar record of game releases.

I might just have to bite the bullet and spend the fourty bucks or whatever it costs to see if it's amazing or sucks.

I have been playing for a few days... $40 is a bit steep for what the game is right now, but I absolutely enjoy it. YMMV.

The MOD community for the game is starting up, because the original Developers are only a 10-man team and the game could benefit from a lot of fleshing out of other things.

If you played a lot, day after day, you might see the end game very quickly, but there IS a lot to do. Currently, the world feels a bit empty though, and walking between cities is more of a hassle than anything.

Nothing compares to sending air through your oil lamp and burninating the countryside, though.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Cerelum

« Reply #11958 on: April 05, 2019, 09:48:55 AM »
Iím gonna have to start over. Evacuee I missed the main city it appears, Bast Or something. Like that.

Riev

« Reply #11959 on: April 05, 2019, 10:50:01 AM »
Iím gonna have to start over. Evacuee I missed the main city it appears, Bast Or something. Like that.

You're close to "I am will be got you I don't cry" territory.

I assume you mean that you have to start over, because you didn't go to the city of Berg?

That's completely fine. There are 3 Factions for you to join, that start the "main quest" as it were. One in Berg, one in Levant, and one in Morrow. If you skip Berg, you miss a trainer, and some plotline stuff, but you can go right to Levant or Morrow, with no issues.

Things are just harder... I skipped Berg on my first character and went to Levant, thinking it'd be "about as hard as anything else". Except I wasn't prepared for needing elemental damage/protection, weather resistance, etc.

Cerelum

« Reply #11960 on: April 05, 2019, 11:49:20 AM »
Lmao, forgive my phone autocorrecting.

I want to goto berg and am pissed I lost my lighthouse now that I actually know how to fight etc.

Riev

« Reply #11961 on: April 05, 2019, 12:51:21 PM »

I want to goto berg and am pissed I lost my lighthouse now that I actually know how to fight etc.

Not spoiling, but I lost my lighthouse on purpose, because I wanted the extra coin for myself. Once I worked through MOST of the Chersonese region, I haven't had a hankering to go back anyways*.

*- though carrying around a heavy cauldron and firewood so I can cook DOES get annoying.

Cerelum

« Reply #11962 on: April 05, 2019, 12:58:08 PM »

Not spoiling, but I lost my lighthouse on purpose, because I wanted the extra coin for myself. Once I worked through MOST of the Chersonese region, I haven't had a hankering to go back anyways*.

*- though carrying around a heavy cauldron and firewood so I can cook DOES get annoying.

Well thatís why I wanna get to Berg, supposedly itís the first place to get a real backpack.

Riev

« Reply #11963 on: April 05, 2019, 01:22:59 PM »
Its kind of the "first city" you come across, or at least the easiest one. Levant has other backpacks that are trade-specific (I think one provides armor protection, even!).

Just take it slow. Far as I can tell, there's not a lot of MEAT to the game yet, so you don't need to go off rushing. Between your Lighthouse and the First Faction you join, there's no time limits.

Cerelum

« Reply #11964 on: April 05, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »
Yeah I also read somewhere you get the first spell there in berg.

The lightning shrimp are fucking ridiculous too by the way.

Riev

« Reply #11965 on: April 05, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »

Incorrect. First spell is when you first get access to magic. Its just that Berg, as the first city you're likely to encounter, has a quest for you to go get magic.

I didn't need the quest to get magic.

Cerelum

« Reply #11966 on: April 05, 2019, 05:42:09 PM »

Incorrect. First spell is when you first get access to magic. Its just that Berg, as the first city you're likely to encounter, has a quest for you to go get magic.

I didn't need the quest to get magic.

Is berg in the first map?

Riev

« Reply #11967 on: April 05, 2019, 09:24:59 PM »
That is chersonese. Berg is in the enmerkar forest

Cerelum

« Reply #11968 on: April 05, 2019, 09:36:31 PM »
That is chersonese. Berg is in the enmerkar forest

Ahh that's where I fucked up, I went to the other one.

I gotta look up what the actual guilds are about too, I saw the one chick has a glowing sword and that looked interesting, but I don't know what the hell they were really about.

Riev

« Reply #11969 on: April 08, 2019, 10:29:37 AM »
So, as far as weapons, I don't know what to tell you. There is some armor that glows blue like that (each 'city' region has a specialty resource that makes an armor... Blue Sand, Copal, Tsar stones, etc).

Its the one lacking thing in game, is more weapon/weapon recipes. I found a 1h mace that just FAR EXCEEDS even the best Halberd I could make, even if the 1h mace skill blows.

I dropped 1000 coins on full Elite Plate Armor and a Halberd... walked into a guy throwing fire at my face and died. That armor is like 10 damage reduction base, and I got rocked because I wasn't prepared.

Veselka

« Reply #11970 on: April 18, 2019, 12:55:10 PM »
I like Outward so far. The Co-Op is fun, and though the game is clunky, it reminds me of old 90's RPGs in that it doesn't hold your hand or put exclamation marks over people's heads. You kinda gotta figure everything out yourself.

The combat is clunky, but again, reminds me of unrefined combat back in the 90's, so I'm used to it in a weird, nostalgic sort of way.

The voice acting is terribly recorded -- I can hear all the pops from the microphones and being to close to them when speaking, and it's odd they had any voice acting at all if it was going to be of that quality. It also sucks there's no UI adjustment so I can make the fonts bigger. I have to sit like right in front of my TV.

Other than that, fun game. Worth the $40 so far.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Riev

« Reply #11971 on: April 18, 2019, 01:42:58 PM »
I like Outward so far. The Co-Op is fun, and though the game is clunky, it reminds me of old 90's RPGs in that it doesn't hold your hand or put exclamation marks over people's heads. You kinda gotta figure everything out yourself.

The combat is clunky, but again, reminds me of unrefined combat back in the 90's, so I'm used to it in a weird, nostalgic sort of way.

The voice acting is terribly recorded -- I can hear all the pops from the microphones and being to close to them when speaking, and it's odd they had any voice acting at all if it was going to be of that quality. It also sucks there's no UI adjustment so I can make the fonts bigger. I have to sit like right in front of my TV.

Other than that, fun game. Worth the $40 so far.

Besides a few bug fixes and maybe some content additions (I would like a little more variety to my weapons, personally), the ONE thing I want is a voice pack.

Sometimes the voice lines don't match up with the text, other times they stop halfway through. Voice pack update would be boss.

Veselka

« Reply #11972 on: April 18, 2019, 01:45:43 PM »
Yeah, it's funny the game is getting a lot of flack for not being AAA or super polished but like...I dunno, games used to be just like this and I loved them back in the 90's.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11973 on: April 23, 2019, 11:47:45 AM »
I'm still enjoying Sekiro. It's a very good game. Something is just right about the combat. So many different ways to approach it. Lots of neat little intricacies to discover.

Cerelum

« Reply #11974 on: April 25, 2019, 07:51:32 PM »
Was sorta excited for Days Gone for PS4 tomorrow.  Now I'm reading reviews and everyone is pretty much saying it's boring and generic.

I mean, I'm probably still gonna buy it, but it's gonna be sad if it sucks.