Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 867910 times)

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #11925 on: March 01, 2019, 08:24:25 AM »
For those for whom Breath of the Wild is still actually new, I'm pretty sure that entering Hyrule Castle grounds for the first time (inside the gate, where the words 'Hyrule Castle' appear in white on the screen) is the same as defeating a Divine Beast; basically, the monsters get stronger, but you get a little stronger than that.

What makes me think that is that there weren't any white bokoblins or white lynels around for a while when I was playing, then I went for the castle and they were around suddenly. And I'm not sure but I feel like combat is easier.

I didn't know any of this shit and was walking around with one and two divine beasts defeated for a long time. Avoiding everything, for the most part, and collecting hearty food. The stable immediately east of Hyrule Field has a forest full of hearty radishes, and the lover's pond somewhere on the map west of Lurelin has hearty radishes; and then there's the hearty durian canyon in the jungle area near the one tower. Hateno tower? Maybe. If you learn how to work the sheikah sensor on your tablet it will make looking for stuff a lot easier. I guarentee you will miss some if you don't use it.

I'm thinking about hunting lynels now.

I kind of wish I had resident evil 2 if it came out yet. Its not just a graphical remake I heard. They changed some stuff about how it plays. When something tries to bite you, it switches to first person and you see them coming in for it.

(Yes, I'm back)

Yeah, I noticed the white monsters too when I came back playing it a few weeks ago.  I don't recall an update though.  Things got much tougher with those whites.

Akaramu

« Reply #11926 on: March 13, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »
Has anyone here played Marosia? It's apparently where a lot of the Faery Tale Online veterans went. A choose your own adventure / live your own life style text RPG where you can spawn through a family system, if you want. https://www.marosia.com/

Fathi

« Reply #11927 on: March 13, 2019, 04:14:46 PM »
Finally got a chance to try out Vermintide and wow itís a lot of fun. EAT SHIT, RAT BOYS.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11928 on: March 20, 2019, 10:01:35 PM »
Sekiro in 2 days. I'm dying of boredom in the meantime.

Akaramu

« Reply #11929 on: March 21, 2019, 01:19:35 PM »
YO. Is anyone playing Dead by Daylight potentially during EU hours (as in, not only US evenings?) If yes, post here or PM if you're not already in my friends list  8)

I find it surprisingly fun (except for the occasional troll or just bad random player). It has much more depth than you'd think at a glance, and you can keep unlocking stuff for what feels like years...

PLus I get to hide / run away from Michael Myers and Freddy as a hot Asian chick who vaults over windowsills like a pro.

Cerelum

« Reply #11930 on: March 21, 2019, 01:53:58 PM »
Sekiro in 2 days. I'm dying of boredom in the meantime.

I want so badly to like this game.  I'm worried though it's just going to be like Bloodborne which was fun for a few days and then super boring.  Dark Souls has that thing that makes you keep coming back and trying after your Xth death, but Bloodborne didn't, so I'm hoping this has more of a Dark Souls Vibe.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Cerelum

« Reply #11931 on: March 21, 2019, 02:09:23 PM »
Anyone playing Division 2?  I played the beta and it was fun, I just worry that it will get old quick like Division 1 did.

lordcooper

« Reply #11932 on: March 22, 2019, 01:06:07 AM »

;D ;D ;D
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Jihelu

« Reply #11933 on: March 22, 2019, 01:43:00 AM »
I'm ready.

X-D

« Reply #11934 on: March 22, 2019, 03:31:06 AM »
Me too...what has it been 15 years?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

MeTekillot

« Reply #11935 on: March 22, 2019, 04:32:34 AM »
Being developed by the guys who made Blacklight: Retribution.
My thoughts.

A sex and torture survey upon character creation

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11936 on: March 22, 2019, 04:30:49 PM »
Sekiro is damn good.

Cerelum

« Reply #11937 on: March 22, 2019, 05:26:37 PM »
Sekiro is damn good.

Is there a multiplayer component like dark souls?

lordcooper

« Reply #11938 on: March 22, 2019, 06:08:43 PM »
Sekiro is damn good.

Nope.  RGS is right though, it's fantastic.  The combat flows brilliantly and the increased mobility compared to the Souls series makes moment to moment gameplay way more fun.

Cerelum

« Reply #11939 on: March 22, 2019, 07:51:33 PM »
Sekiro is damn good.

Nope.  RGS is right though, it's fantastic.  The combat flows brilliantly and the increased mobility compared to the Souls series makes moment to moment gameplay way more fun.
It's installing now on my PS4, I'll play it later and see what's up.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11940 on: March 22, 2019, 09:02:05 PM »
Found myself stuck on a mini-boss. Seven Achina Spears. I could go around, this guy isn't on the main path or anything, but man I really have to kill this fucker. He's way harder than anything else I've come to. Died probably 20 times now to this guy alone. Too tired and moody to keep trying.

I think I've been doing my Mikiri Counters wrong or something. We'll see later when I get back to it.

Edit: God damn it felt good to finally beat this guy. Probably my favorite fight so far because of the way you have to time and weave Mikiri, parry, firecrackers, regular dodges and attacking repeatedly. When I finally beat him It looked and felt so cool. Combat is WAY better than the standard "wait for enemy attacks, dodge, attack during opening" that you find in previous Dark Souls games.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 07:52:06 AM by RogueGunslinger »

Cerelum

« Reply #11941 on: March 23, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »
As a guy who was never all that great at dark souls I am having issues.

Iím in the first memory and some fat fuck with a poison sword is one hitting me.

Outside the memory is a red eyed ogre that I can sneak up and kill hot once but he keeps grabbing me no matter if I do a X or a A dodge.

Iím thinking I need to increase my vitality before I try either if thatís possible.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11942 on: March 23, 2019, 08:21:32 PM »
Those are both tough minibosses. Lots are having issue with them, even experienced ds3 players, so you are not alone. Finding the right method to kill them is a matter of trial and error.

But it's also a big part of what I consider the fun in these games. There are lots of methods to kill bosses, some cheap and easy, others tedious or time consuming hit and run, some straight forward and timing based and precarious. I tend to find getting in things faces and attacking and parrying relentlessly is the most fun and also surprisingly successful. Not for the chained ogre though.

There are probably guides for those bosses online already. Or I can give a couple pointers if you don't mind. But I'd suggest being experimental with how you approach the fights and if it still isn't working taking a break for a bit and then coming back to it. A nights sleep tends to help a lot whenever I get stuck in these sort of games.

Cerelum

« Reply #11943 on: March 25, 2019, 08:33:08 AM »
Finally killed that asshole general on his horse.  I think the problem I've been having is I've been trying to deflect and dodge everything.

On the general I just went in straight blocking a good chunk, hitting when I could, grappling when I could etc.

This allowed me to take way less damage and whittle him down, also some of the grappling hits (I unlocked that grapple strike attack) seemed to really hurt his posture.

I also was able to kill that shinobi hunter guy after I did the same, block a lot, stomp down on the pole when thrust etc.

So I was able to get my recovery charm and cure all the sick people from all the damn dying I did.

Now I'm still dealing with that fucking drunkard, he's a huge pain in the ass still, even after boosting my physical and attack power.

Also went back through the beginning and found my father and some hidden temple key, but don't know where the hell I'm supposed to use it.  It might be past the fat drunkard guy.

Great game though.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11944 on: March 25, 2019, 09:03:39 AM »
Yep past the drunk guy for the key. For that fight there's both a side-path and an NPC nearby that can help.

Don't forget to jump over sweeping attacks that pop up with the red symbol. They're like the thrusting one's that you can mikiri. Except if you jump over, and then jump off the enemies head, you get a lot of posture damage in.

tapas

« Reply #11945 on: March 25, 2019, 01:26:00 PM »
Baha. If you think those guys are bad, just wait until you meet the Ashina Elite.

If you worked sidestep dodge into your muscle memory, he'll punish you with a double attack that follows your dodge and will instakill you if you don't block. Even if you do block, you'll still take damage.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 01:27:47 PM by tapas »

Cerelum

« Reply #11946 on: March 25, 2019, 03:29:29 PM »
Baha. If you think those guys are bad, just wait until you meet the Ashina Elite.

If you worked sidestep dodge into your muscle memory, he'll punish you with a double attack that follows your dodge and will instakill you if you don't block. Even if you do block, you'll still take damage.

Are those the guys some dude in a temple asked me to kill?

He called them bird men or something.

My two enemies Iíve fought my way to are the drunk guy and the bull with the flaming horn.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11947 on: March 25, 2019, 08:53:41 PM »
I really enjoyed the bull fight. Pissed me off for a couple deaths then suddenly it clicked and I got through barely taking any damage.

The dude in the temple asks you to kill "rats", they're the little shield-hat-guys near the Ashina Gate before the bull fight. Ashina Elite are much later I think. Not sure I've gotten to them.

One thing I'm really loving in this game is how much there is to explore -  and miss if you don't. I'm taking it real slow, making sure to talk to everyone after doing anything major. Sharing sake with them and listening to their stories. Peering over every cliff for shit that might be below. Looking for ways to scale up high anywhere I can. All that and I know there's still stuff I have missed because I've only found one secret shinobi wall, and this other dude is disappointed I haven't found any "special" techniques yet.

Also I'm always bouncing between the multiple paths you can take. The world seems far more open that DS3 did.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11948 on: March 28, 2019, 02:18:18 AM »
Beat Sekiro today. But I apparently went with the evil ending which cuts the game a little shorter than the other endings. So now I am obligated to go through new-game+ and go for the longer endings with more bosses.

I'm actually pretty excited to go through the game again only this time as a total badass. That last boss fight was like hyperbolic time chamber training.

lordcooper

« Reply #11949 on: March 28, 2019, 05:50:57 PM »
https://www.stalker2.com/

This is a good month.