Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 672816 times)

Riev

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #11900 on: December 12, 2018, 03:24:32 PM »
Yeah, I just ignore the ending. But you have to pick red as the FUCK YOOUUUUU. Green is the sensible option, though. Then you can play Stellaris as the robotic-enhanced galaxy dominating super species.

I think you meant to say BLUE is the sensible option. They are, after all, just machines who can be subverting to extending your will. That is the sensible option for humanity... it would cement their place at the top of the Cycle until the REAPER REAPERs appear.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

boog

« Reply #11901 on: December 12, 2018, 03:30:52 PM »
SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE

KIRBY TO SAVE THE DAY

ALSO THIS

Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Cind

« Reply #11902 on: December 13, 2018, 03:03:21 AM »
I went out and killed fifteen walker guardians the other day.

The compendium is suggesting that skywatchers have more valuable parts... it said to destroy their propellers, but other than that I'm not really sure what to do with one.

Been wanting to play Twilight Princess and Final Fantasy X. In terms of video games, I will probably live in the past forever.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Seeker

« Reply #11903 on: December 13, 2018, 09:48:14 AM »
Then you can play Stellaris as the robotic-enhanced galaxy dominating super species.
The latest update to Stellaris has included several QoL improvements to the experience of playing a ravenous species-consuming fungal hivemind infestation, too.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #11904 on: December 13, 2018, 01:41:04 PM »
Andromeda would be a pretty okay game if it was at least a dedicated reskin of Inquisition instead of a half-assed soulless reskin of Inquisition.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Cind

« Reply #11905 on: January 05, 2019, 03:18:47 AM »
Final Fantasy X and X-2.

The advanced sphere grid system was a mistake. It helped me get Tidus to learn Power Break and Kimarhi to learn Dark Attack, among other things, but it was more of a pain than I expected it to be. I'm going to start over, and beat the summoner on the road this time, Belgemine, that girl who kicks your ass if you don't prepare for her.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Akaramu

« Reply #11906 on: January 06, 2019, 04:18:32 PM »
Hex: Shards of Fate is better than Magic the Gathering. For reals. It's also 100% free on Steam, and there's a 50+ hour single player campaign which I am enjoying immensely. I haven't tried PvP but I heard the scene is dead because there's only a handful of people playing. It's really a shame. Because the game is GREAT!

Things it does better than Magic:

-You can buy cards from the auction house for gold, which you earn at a decent rate, even during the PvE campaign. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GRIND DUMB DAILIES!

-8 different races, 4 classes. Yes, this is a TCG with character classes and skill trees. Race determines which shard colors you can use how many of (elves can put way more wild than blood cards into their decks, for instance), class determines the talent tree and passive / active abilities you get or can learn in addition to cards. For instance, rangers get a summonable pet card and can upgrade it through the talent tree. So cool!

-Did I mention there is a LOT of single player content? Plus different race / class combos make the campaign feel fresh every playthrough, you get different starter decks too

-There's dungeons! A trading card game with dungeons and bosses and loot!

-The game was designed to be digital only (no physical cards) which means it can do a lot of things Magic never will. For instance, there's cards that trigger an effect of summoning random other cards into the game. You wouldn't be able to do 'random' with physical cards.

-Your characters can equip items that modify the effects of various cards, which lets you further customize decks

-There's a race of evil samurai bunnies! Their cleric perk is called 'fertility magic' and they get a passive which has a chance of summoning bunny tokens when playing other bunny troop cards...  ;D

-You can hire mercenaries who come with their own decks and give you passives just for having them in your party

-Dwarves are evil

-Lots of stuff I'm forgetting right now.

Anyway, if you like trading card games and wish there was more PvE in those, you have to check this out for free.

And because I mentioned evil samurai bunnies...

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 04:25:26 PM by Akaramu »

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #11907 on: January 11, 2019, 03:08:28 PM »

The demo releases today but the catch is that you only have 30 minutes to play (you're timed as soon as you start the campaign).
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #11908 on: January 12, 2019, 04:25:03 AM »
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is really good and really long.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.