Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 636155 times)

Cind

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #11700 on: July 04, 2018, 03:02:22 AM »
I snuck past more guardians than I could count and got into Hyrule Castle on BotW, and proceeded to spend all night ransacking the place. I was actually looking for a place I saw in a youtube video where all the enemies had elemental weapons (which are my babies) but that was apparently the coliseum, whoops my bad. I hope the five-mile path of dead bodies I left in my wake didn't piss anyone off.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Riev

« Reply #11701 on: July 05, 2018, 03:23:05 PM »
Something about the mindless grind of Warframe keeps me coming back.

So many Frames, though I dislike most of them. So much skill I don't have, as well as realizing just what you need to do in order to complete sorties.

The tilesets are mostly the same, but the quests they DO have are pretty good. Sometimes just surviving is a feat in and of itself.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Cind

« Reply #11702 on: July 08, 2018, 03:10:44 AM »
I always liked Dungeons and Dragons Eberron, although they call it Dungeons and Dragons Online now. If you like adventure packs they got a million of those.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11703 on: July 15, 2018, 04:00:28 PM »
Subnautica is the best survival game on the market.

Unlike most that throw you into a vast open world that is empty and lifeless subnautica absolutely nails the feeling of a vast living, breathing world to explore.

The atmosphere is thick. The story is interesting and just enough to keep you bouncing from one new area to the next. The vehicles are really cool, although theres only 3. Building and crafting are simple and interesting and if you want to do either you must explore.

Exploration is just damn fun. Sometimes tense and clausterphobic. Sometimes its peaceful and satisfying. Each area is beautiful with its own cool flora and fauna.

My only advice; when you get new coordinates for a lifepod or whatever. Search all around the lifepod, a good 200 meters in every direction. Scan everything. Grab everything. Each coordinate set is basically a new zone to explore. Take your time with each before going to the next. But also dont be afraid to just set off in a random direction and explore.

And dont look up spoilers or guides or anything. Just take your time and roleplay.

Cind

« Reply #11704 on: July 16, 2018, 11:03:39 AM »
The weapons in Hyrule Castle are amazing. They're beautiful, too.

But elemental weapons are still my babies.

Edited because the background text wasn't white, somehow. Sorry!

That music that plays when you accidentally park your horse on top of a Talus like I did is adorable.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:25:46 PM by Cind »

Miradus

« Reply #11705 on: July 16, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »

Cataclysm DDA newest experimental build contains player-made bases ...

*UNGH* Work ethic ... failing ... must ... play.

Akaramu

« Reply #11706 on: July 16, 2018, 03:53:52 PM »

Cataclysm DDA newest experimental build contains player-made bases ...

*UNGH* Work ethic ... failing ... must ... play.

AAAAAAH I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET WORK DONE  >:(

Marauder Moe

« Reply #11707 on: July 16, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »
Is there an overview of the new stuff?

Miradus

« Reply #11708 on: July 16, 2018, 04:21:38 PM »
Akamaru is going to say I'm an enabler. But my day is shot now, yours might as well be too.

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/24040

Miradus

« Reply #11709 on: July 16, 2018, 05:24:02 PM »

Still really hard. I used the cheat engine to spawn in the items I needed to get started and geesh ... 1 large tent or 4 shelter kits, to begin with, and at LEAST two NPC companions. One will become the camp manager permanently (no way to remove him, it looks like) and the second will become your foraging bitch who goes out and gets everything and does the building.

So no way is it just something you can do right out of the gate. I experimented with it some and it's great to have an end goal in the game now, but you're still going to struggle. You need a lot of NPC's though.

MeTekillot

« Reply #11710 on: July 17, 2018, 05:29:58 AM »
Back into Minecraft, anarchy servers are my poison of choice. Anyone know any that run decent modpacks and have decent playerbases?

MeTekillot

« Reply #11711 on: July 22, 2018, 06:03:08 AM »
Far Cry 5's multiplayer could have been really good. It's not as bad as it was at launch, but no text chat for the game you're in? Fucking lame.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #11712 on: July 23, 2018, 03:20:47 PM »
Considering getting into No Man's Sky, due to it's latest patch, NEXT, releasing a lot of content, such as fully supported multiplayer - On top of the other slew of things they've added previously, such as base building.

It appears to finally be shaping up to be the game it should've been, on release day.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Riev

« Reply #11713 on: July 24, 2018, 12:42:03 PM »
Considering getting into No Man's Sky, due to it's latest patch, NEXT, releasing a lot of content, such as fully supported multiplayer - On top of the other slew of things they've added previously, such as base building.

It appears to finally be shaping up to be the game it should've been, on release day.

I'm waiting a couple days to see what the reviews are. I bought into the hype, and goddamned hated it. There was nootttthhhhiiiing to do but "explore and go to the next planet". I'm excited about having a Migrant Fleet with me, though.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #11714 on: July 24, 2018, 09:09:57 PM »
I'm waiting a couple days to see what the reviews are. I bought into the hype, and goddamned hated it. There was nootttthhhhiiiing to do but "explore and go to the next planet". I'm excited about having a Migrant Fleet with me, though.
I'll likely do the same. I talked myself out of buying it today and figured I would err on the side of caution. From what I have seen, though, of just the previously released content, the game is looking much better than it's Day 1 release. I've always been excited at the idea of a Eve-like multiplayer where I could roam with friends.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Riev

« Reply #11715 on: July 25, 2018, 09:51:44 AM »
I have always liked the idea of friends, but in practice its a lot of work for minimal returns.

However, No Man's Sky had so little content, that any friends I would have had would have abandoned me for making them play that.

Armaddict

« Reply #11716 on: July 25, 2018, 11:37:44 AM »
I've always been excited at the idea of a Eve-like multiplayer where I could roam with friends.

Elite: Dangerous
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Pale Horse

« Reply #11717 on: July 27, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »

Say what you will about the games, if you like them or not, but damn does Blizzard know how to make a cinematic and how to tell a story.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

MeTekillot

« Reply #11718 on: July 27, 2018, 04:55:47 PM »
does Blizzard know ... how to tell a story.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #11719 on: July 27, 2018, 06:07:50 PM »

Say what you will about the games, if you like them or not, but damn does Blizzard know how to make a cinematic and how to tell a story.

Right up there with the cinematic for Wrath of the Lich King, for me. The parallels between Arthas & Jaina in both those trailers make me seriously wonder if she's about to follow in his footsteps too.
Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

boog

« Reply #11720 on: July 27, 2018, 09:21:52 PM »
does Blizzard know ... how to tell a story.

They're so fucking tropey, it's ridiculous at this point. The clip combination of the quote you did made me laugh, but, getting to a lil more meat and potatoes:

Right up there with the cinematic for Wrath of the Lich King, for me. The parallels between Arthas & Jaina in both those trailers make me seriously wonder if she's about to follow in his footsteps too.

Probably. Though I'd be happier if she ended up saving the world and Khadgar went bad. He's the guardian of Azeroth and he's been all powerful for quiiiiiite some time now, which is god damn dull. I'm ready for him to fall. And Velen too, Mr. "I come back from the dead as much as fucking Cenarius."

Fuck all of 'em. And Sylvanas too. And Alleria. I do sort of like Vereesa, but man, if this is gonna be a, "Feminism because the Windrunners and Jaina are in the forefront expansion," I'm gonna scream because there are a ton of better female characters in the Warcraft universe. Garona? Yrel? Aggra! Maiev is cool as shit and I shipped her and Illidan, but that never fucking happened.

I -am- excited for the Dark Iron Dwarves, man. Dwarves are the only Alliance race I have ever played and will ever play -- and Moira is le shit.

I'm hoping Azshara ends up being a big baddy in this expansion. I'd like to kick her stupid fuckin' ass. *swoon*

I'm rambling, but man, I really hate the Windrunners, and all of these excessively powerful and 'good' people having the spotlight. The Horde really has shit for strong female leads, and that makes me grumpy -- it's one thing to appeal to aesthetics of male players, but it's another thing to do it all the fuckin' time.

Edit: Oh. I just spoiled something for myself in the above by looking at the WoW Wiki. FML.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #11721 on: July 27, 2018, 11:01:03 PM »
Edit: Oh. I just spoiled something for myself in the above by looking at the WoW Wiki. FML.

It'll probably just get retconned next expansion anyway.

Are Naaru still a thing? Or has that ULTRA HERESY been purged from the game yet? (I miss playing my Dwarf Paladin sometimes)
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #11722 on: July 27, 2018, 11:05:20 PM »
It is about time for Dadgar to go bad. But it probably won't happen, at least not in this expansion.
Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

BadSkeelz

« Reply #11723 on: July 27, 2018, 11:05:54 PM »
He's a mage, he's already gone bad in ol' Hemdall's book.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

Akaramu

« Reply #11724 on: July 29, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »
So there was a Steam update. Can anyone explain why I can't see friends of friends in their profile anymore? Well, in most cases I can't. I can still see the friends of one contact but not of the others. Very strange.  :o

There doesn't appear to be a privacy option specifically for hiding your friends list, either...