Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 611789 times)

Cind

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #11700 on: July 04, 2018, 03:02:22 AM »
I snuck past more guardians than I could count and got into Hyrule Castle on BotW, and proceeded to spend all night ransacking the place. I was actually looking for a place I saw in a youtube video where all the enemies had elemental weapons (which are my babies) but that was apparently the coliseum, whoops my bad. I hope the five-mile path of dead bodies I left in my wake didn't piss anyone off.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Riev

« Reply #11701 on: July 05, 2018, 03:23:05 PM »
Something about the mindless grind of Warframe keeps me coming back.

So many Frames, though I dislike most of them. So much skill I don't have, as well as realizing just what you need to do in order to complete sorties.

The tilesets are mostly the same, but the quests they DO have are pretty good. Sometimes just surviving is a feat in and of itself.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Cind

« Reply #11702 on: July 08, 2018, 03:10:44 AM »
I always liked Dungeons and Dragons Eberron, although they call it Dungeons and Dragons Online now. If you like adventure packs they got a million of those.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11703 on: July 15, 2018, 04:00:28 PM »
Subnautica is the best survival game on the market.

Unlike most that throw you into a vast open world that is empty and lifeless subnautica absolutely nails the feeling of a vast living, breathing world to explore.

The atmosphere is thick. The story is interesting and just enough to keep you bouncing from one new area to the next. The vehicles are really cool, although theres only 3. Building and crafting are simple and interesting and if you want to do either you must explore.

Exploration is just damn fun. Sometimes tense and clausterphobic. Sometimes its peaceful and satisfying. Each area is beautiful with its own cool flora and fauna.

My only advice; when you get new coordinates for a lifepod or whatever. Search all around the lifepod, a good 200 meters in every direction. Scan everything. Grab everything. Each coordinate set is basically a new zone to explore. Take your time with each before going to the next. But also dont be afraid to just set off in a random direction and explore.

And dont look up spoilers or guides or anything. Just take your time and roleplay.

Cind

« Reply #11704 on: July 16, 2018, 11:03:39 AM »
The weapons in Hyrule Castle are amazing. They're beautiful, too.

But elemental weapons are still my babies.

Edited because the background text wasn't white, somehow. Sorry!

That music that plays when you accidentally park your horse on top of a Talus like I did is adorable.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:25:46 PM by Cind »

Miradus

« Reply #11705 on: July 16, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »

Cataclysm DDA newest experimental build contains player-made bases ...

*UNGH* Work ethic ... failing ... must ... play.

Akaramu

« Reply #11706 on: July 16, 2018, 03:53:52 PM »

Cataclysm DDA newest experimental build contains player-made bases ...

*UNGH* Work ethic ... failing ... must ... play.

AAAAAAH I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET WORK DONE  >:(

Marauder Moe

« Reply #11707 on: July 16, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »
Is there an overview of the new stuff?

Miradus

« Reply #11708 on: July 16, 2018, 04:21:38 PM »
Akamaru is going to say I'm an enabler. But my day is shot now, yours might as well be too.

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/24040

Miradus

« Reply #11709 on: July 16, 2018, 05:24:02 PM »

Still really hard. I used the cheat engine to spawn in the items I needed to get started and geesh ... 1 large tent or 4 shelter kits, to begin with, and at LEAST two NPC companions. One will become the camp manager permanently (no way to remove him, it looks like) and the second will become your foraging bitch who goes out and gets everything and does the building.

So no way is it just something you can do right out of the gate. I experimented with it some and it's great to have an end goal in the game now, but you're still going to struggle. You need a lot of NPC's though.

MeTekillot

« Reply #11710 on: July 17, 2018, 05:29:58 AM »
Back into Minecraft, anarchy servers are my poison of choice. Anyone know any that run decent modpacks and have decent playerbases?