Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 490015 times)

Hauwke

Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #11500 on: December 06, 2017, 12:28:54 AM »
I would like to play Divinity myself,but dont have it.

I have been playing the shit out of some Mass Effect 2. Just passed the mission to recover the Reaper IFF, geez, all those husks made it difficult to reload when they come in waves of 6 or 7. Kind of makes me want to get a fully upgraded concussive blast since a shot from it kills them one hit, and one of the upgrade paths gives it an AOE essentially.

lordcooper

« Reply #11501 on: December 07, 2017, 11:01:59 PM »

I would very much like to get on Mr Kojima's Wild Ride.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #11502 on: December 08, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »
I would like to play Divinity myself,but dont have it.
I picked up DOS: Enhanced Edition, on PSN, for under $10. I'm sure you could find it for even cheaper on Steam or something.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Hauwke

« Reply #11503 on: December 08, 2017, 08:13:37 PM »
Oh thats awesome to know!

Cind

« Reply #11504 on: December 09, 2017, 06:51:36 AM »
Fate keeps keeping me from getting Breath of the Wild (for which I got 5+ amiibos for free out of sheer luck) and also Yandere Simulator, the sandbox build, which I am beginning to think I'm better off watching than playing as it seems to be a really high-stress game (you go around your high school trying to get away with murders.) Yandere Dev makes some good videos for it though. When the full game is made and released, I'm just going to watch other people play. He's going to design it so that you can get through the whole game without killing a single person.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #11505 on: December 11, 2017, 05:41:45 AM »
Rainbow Six: Siege is one of the best multiplayer shooters in decade and despite a rocky launch and some bumps along the way, it has consistently improved and expanded with solid post-launch content and updates.

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Riev

« Reply #11506 on: December 11, 2017, 09:59:05 AM »
For what it is, I enjoyed Assassin's Creed: Origins. There were some storytelling elements that confused me, that maybe I skipped some in-game lore or something that explained the holes, but the gameplay was solid and the telling of how the Creed started gave me shivers.

I kind of want to play the main AC games again just to experience the story, but... I don't want to go back to Parry-land.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Is Friday

« Reply #11507 on: December 12, 2017, 12:46:42 AM »
Anyone played Nier: Automata? Watched a review. Seems good.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

Kialae

• Publicity Coordinator
« Reply #11508 on: Today at 01:37:22 AM »
It was a contender or game of the year so it's probably good.

lordcooper

« Reply #11509 on: Today at 02:54:48 PM »
Anyone played Nier: Automata? Watched a review. Seems good.

It's bloody brilliant, although the PC port is awful.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #11510 on: Today at 03:38:10 PM »
I'm watching a Let's Play for Horizon: Zero Dawn and am enjoying it very much. It's rare for a videogame to interest me in its story and world building. Hell, it's rare for books and movies to do the trick these days. I think I'm growing old. :P

It's not the kind of game I could play myself, though. I'm notoriously bad at live action combat. Give me turns and I'll beat impossible odds (I DESTROYED the Heroes of Might & Magic games on hard), but if there is a dodge button, I'm going to flail helplessly.

Hauwke

« Reply #11511 on: Today at 04:54:04 PM »
Honestly I am far better at live combat then I am at turn based, I beat Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen's final boss for the Bitterblack isle solo both times, for example because I couldnt be bothered to continue rezzing my pawns as they kept falling because UGH AI LOGIC Y U SO BAD!

That said, I do love me some old school dungeon crawls, nothing beats that moment where you turn a corner in one and see 3 of the toughest critters in the game all at once and just nope out.