Author Topic: Game Discussion Thread  (Read 480933 times)

HavokBlue

• Helper
Re: Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #11450 on: November 10, 2017, 03:23:14 PM »
Squad is free to play on Steam this weekend and discounted to $20.

Developed by the team behind Battlefield's Project Reality mod, it finds a competent middleground between Arma and more arcade-style games like Insurgency. The game is still in early access but it is playable and largely bug-free. The game works best when you have a capable squad leader and teammates who take advantage of voice comms.

This is a game you should play if you've ever wanted to say "Requesting fire on Delta-6, Keypad 3-2." so that a player-controlled mortar crew 600 meters behind your forward element can shell the anti-armor emplacement that has your Stryker team pinned down.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Cind

« Reply #11451 on: November 11, 2017, 04:11:34 AM »
I haven't actually download Yandere Simulator but I've been watching videos of it online.

You play as a sociopathic Japanese high school girl who has fallen in love and must get her rivals out of the way. Matchmaking, messing up her time with him, lowering her reputation, kidnapping, burning, poisoning, stabbing, and summoning the Pain or Fire demons are all ways to get rid of them. The test build is free, where you have several ways to get rid of Kokona Haruka before she confesses her love to him on Friday (you have one week for each rival in the full game.)

This is the boss fight with Oka, the president of the Occult Club. Its a nice look into the human mind and pretty well-written.

Some basics from the guide website:

http://yandere-simulator.wikia.com/wiki/Homicide

http://yandere-simulator.wikia.com/wiki/Sanity

I sort of hope they will make it possible to go through the whole main story without needing to kill someone, for flexibility's sake. I like having to think to win.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #11452 on: November 11, 2017, 06:23:55 AM »
That combat system looks like it was copied straight from Undertale.  :P

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #11453 on: November 13, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »
Obligatory reminder:

Do not buy Battlefront 2. Do not give EA your money. Do not support predatory business practices in the game industry. Do not support the microtransaction pay-to-win hell they have tacked on to this game.

Unless you're Malken.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #11454 on: November 13, 2017, 04:05:38 PM »
It's a shame the game looks so freaking beautiful, but yeah.  Fuck EA.

Malken

« Reply #11455 on: November 13, 2017, 10:12:59 PM »
Obligatory reminder:

Do not buy Battlefront 2. Do not give EA your money. Do not support predatory business practices in the game industry. Do not support the microtransaction pay-to-win hell they have tacked on to this game.

Unless you're Malken.

I could probably have fed 10000000000 families in Africa for 10 years with the amount of money I spent on Hearthstone and Gwent BUT!

A new blog post announced that the price of heroes will be reduced by 75 percent, allowing players to run around as their favorite characters much sooner.

Oooh, they listened to the community?

Of course not, they also did this to compensate:

They also reduced the amount of credits earned from completing the campaign from 20,000 to 5,000 and reduced the credit earnings from winnig games. They basically scaled everything down and said "Okay, we listened".
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

BadSkeelz

« Reply #11456 on: November 13, 2017, 11:34:35 PM »
They also reduced the amount of credits earned from completing the campaign from 20,000 to 5,000 and reduced the credit earnings from winnig games. They basically scaled everything down and said "Okay, we listened".

Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #11457 on: November 15, 2017, 06:28:52 PM »
Battlefront 2. Yes. Absolutely do not buy this game if you have a problem with this practice and actually want to make an impact on their profits.

If, however, you want to play a fun game, in an iconic universe, with good gameplay and great features. Then buy it, and play it. Because it is fun.

I won't buy it, and I won't play it. But that's mostly because I don't care for the style of game. But I have heard from multiple sources that the game is a lot of fun, and nobody should feel guilty for spending money on it and enjoying it.

So you have a choice to make. Have fun and enjoy yourself if it's your type of game. Or make a statement against predatory micro-transactions and gambling elements.

Anyone who shits on either person for making either choice should probably keep quiet.

Pale Horse

« Reply #11458 on: November 16, 2017, 12:37:49 AM »
11 days till Dominions 5.

..just saying.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #11459 on: November 16, 2017, 07:01:59 AM »
Belgium's state Gaming Commission is reportedly investigating Battlefront 2 and Overwatch on the grounds that selling random loot boxes may constitute gambling. The concerns are exacerbated by the fact that both games are rated PEGI 12+ and children are particularly susceptible to the calculated psychological triggers that promote the purchase of loot boxes.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #11460 on: November 16, 2017, 01:13:25 PM »
11 days till Dominions 5.

..just saying.

I was planning on putting up a server right away.  Who's with me?

racurtne

« Reply #11461 on: November 16, 2017, 03:29:35 PM »
Yea man I'm down. Just one game at a time for me though. Can't be too ambitious.
Alea iacta est

Pale Horse

« Reply #11462 on: November 16, 2017, 05:43:11 PM »
Definitely down for a game, Moe.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.