Discussion thread - Extended Subguilds

Started by Adhira, January 02, 2012, 08:14:13 PM

Are these available only to new PCs and if so, any plans on letting current PCs add them?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Formatting issues are tricky right now, they should display correctly in game, but the web editor needs some work. Typos etc are appreciated though.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

You can't use "help subg rogue" to pull up the rogue helpfile. You have to do "help subguild rogue"

Most of them work the same way

So <blank> guilds that don't get subguild choices - will they have the option to pick extended subguilds or are they out of this?

Quote from: ShaLeah on January 02, 2012, 08:32:25 PM
Are these available only to new PCs and if so, any plans on letting current PCs add them?

Only new PCs.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

SubG Enlightenment Magick    (Character)

While not a true magick wielder in the way of a Sorceror those who have an affinity for the magick of Movement possess the ability to manipulate energy in a way that can only be termed wizadry.

Those skilled with the magick of Enlightenment are masters at uncovering information. Their abilities allow them to both detect those who are unseen as well as take similar cover themselves. They develop an affinity for languages and can master the art of using Drov's shadows to cover their presence.

All who demonstrate knowledge or use of wizardry are typically killed at the earliest opportunity. Being powerful in the way of psionics, High Templars and the Kings themselves can easily sense a sorcerer's presence if said sorcerers do not properly shield their minds at all times.

Sorcerers do not 'automatically' gain energy to cast their spells as elementalists can. They must instead gather it from sources of life.

Notes:
    The Enlightenment Magick subguild has a cost of 4 CGP.
    See also:
    guilds, subguilds, extended_subguilds, karma, sorcerer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what I'm seing here is that I could be say... A warrior with this subguild, and I would be a sorcerer as well.

Correct?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

These are not retrospective. They will only be available to new pcs, via special application.  I'll be posting those details in the Staff Announcement thread as soon as we're ready to go.

There may be some limitations on which guilds can choose subguilds, these are still to be decided.  During our initial trial the magick subguilds will not be available, these will be released at a later date.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/show_help?subg_Enlightenment_Magick

is the only magick subguild helpfile where you need subg_.... not subguild_....

Semantics.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Let's go down to the silt sea or the shield wall and watch the twinks run like lemmings to their deaths.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

It's only those with titles that are too long that have subg and not subguild and those are listed in the note field of the extended subguilds helpfile.

Quote from: Adhira on January 02, 2012, 08:35:53 PM
They will only be available to new pcs, via special application.

Based on what Morg posted back in the fall, it sounded like these were just going to be handled through char gen.

Has that been changed, or is the special app process just a transitional phase?

Skip magic, I want to talk crafting.

Question 1:  What's the difference between master and regular crafting subguilds?

Question 2: What does this mean for the Merchant guild?
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

The character generation code is complicated. It is not ready.  We're going to trial this via special application.  This means we can do these now and we can also see how they are working out and make changes as necessary.

Quote from: Adhira on January 02, 2012, 08:40:46 PM
It's only those with titles that are too long that have subg and not subguild and those are listed in the note field of the extended subguilds helpfile.

Doh! I misread. Thanks.

Quote from: Fredd on January 02, 2012, 08:35:47 PM
SubG Enlightenment Magick    (Character)

While not a true magick wielder in the way of a Sorceror those who have an affinity for the magick of Movement possess the ability to manipulate energy in a way that can only be termed wizadry.

Those skilled with the magick of Enlightenment are masters at uncovering information. Their abilities allow them to both detect those who are unseen as well as take similar cover themselves. They develop an affinity for languages and can master the art of using Drov's shadows to cover their presence.

All who demonstrate knowledge or use of wizardry are typically killed at the earliest opportunity. Being powerful in the way of psionics, High Templars and the Kings themselves can easily sense a sorcerer's presence if said sorcerers do not properly shield their minds at all times.

Sorcerers do not 'automatically' gain energy to cast their spells as elementalists can. They must instead gather it from sources of life.

Notes:
    The Enlightenment Magick subguild has a cost of 4 CGP.
    See also:
    guilds, subguilds, extended_subguilds, karma, sorcerer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what I'm seing here is that I could be say... A warrior with this subguild, and I would be a sorcerer as well.

Correct?

Nopers.  I'll embiggen it for emphasis:

QuoteWhile not a true magick wielder in the way of a Sorceror those who have an affinity for the magick of Movement possess the ability to manipulate energy in a way that can only be termed wizardry.

For all intents and purposes, you might be treated the same by the powers that be/anyone else as any sorcerer, but you would not actually have a subguild that gave you all of the powers of a sorcerer--just enough to be dangerous.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Quote from: My 2 sids on January 02, 2012, 08:42:03 PM
Skip magic, I want to talk crafting.

Question 1:  What's the difference between master and regular crafting subguilds?

Master-crafting subguilds can master craft something without being a merchant.

Question 2: What does this mean for the Merchant guild?

It means that merchant guilded PCs will have a leg up on the whole "mastercrafting everything that can be crafted" front, and can still use space in their subguild for one of the other extended subguilds if they would like to do so.

Quote from: Kassindra on January 02, 2012, 08:44:26 PM
For anyone who may have missed the previous announcement about extended subguilds along with other changes and what CGP means etc:

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,41934.0.html

And the discussions:

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,42351.0.html

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,41959.0.html

Thanks for digging these up! I suggest giving them a read, anyone who's curious, there's some good info in here.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

I for one, welcome our new subguild using overlords. I shall bake them cookies in hopes I am spared their wrath.

January 02, 2012, 08:50:14 PM #45 Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:57:09 PM by Xagon
Subguild_aggressor: "favouring" and "manouvres" should be "favoring" and "maneuvers"
Subguild Protector:
"They are able to fend off enemy blows, and to guard others from harm, and can become experts in the defensive use of a shield."
Unnecessary comma between "blows" and "and", resulting in a strange sentence.

I personally would have written a few of the descriptions a bit differently, but that's not to say that I don't appreciate them. Thanks for taking the time to improve Arm :)

EDIT:
Additionally, all of the magick subguilds have wizardry misspelled, save enchantment. They're all of a different format as well, in regards to spacing between paragraphs and the "See also" at the bottom.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Sooooo excited for all of these.

Less excited if we'll need to go through the spec app process to give them a try, but meh, I'm glad to see them either way.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

January 02, 2012, 08:54:13 PM #47 Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:02:15 PM by lordcooper
Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 02, 2012, 08:32:17 PM
Will elementalists be able to take the sorcery subguilds?

I hope so.  It'd be pretty neat to have the occasional gemmer who delves into the more forbidden forms of magick.

Which of the new subguilds are currently available without special apps?

E:
QuoteBOB ZILLA OF MARS    ()
Extended subguilds have higher caps than normal subguild options. The subguilds are designed to increase the lifestyle and playability options available to a character. Extended subguilds cost Character Generation Points (CGP) and must be one of the follow thewnty asdf

???
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: Xagon on January 02, 2012, 08:50:14 PM
I personally would have written a few of the descriptions a bit differently, but that's not to say that I don't appreciate them. Thanks for taking the time to improve Arm :)

Well...now you are being a party pooper.  Writing styles really are not open for discussion here.

The extended subguilds are just British. Long live grey!