Hello!

Started by YogSot, November 08, 2011, 04:18:07 PM

November 08, 2011, 04:18:07 PM Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:37:59 PM by YogSot
I'm new around these parts and just though I'd stop by to say hi. Haven't MUDded in a few years, but this seems like my kind of place.

So if you ever see a newbie walking around looking confused (and hopefully not dying of thirst  in a hole...), say howdy.

edited to protect the innocent so you don't steal his poor boots :(  -Nyr

Heh, again, I'm new.  ;D

Probably shouldn't put your PC's name in your post, homes.

And by probably, I mean it's one of those things that you file under "definitely do not do this like, ever."

Welcome to Zalanthas!
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Hi!

Welcome to the Armageddon! And as Mal said, best to not post IC (In-Character) sensitive information on the boards.

If you have any questions, check out our helper chat: http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.php Just gotta click on that friendly looking mantis.

Welcome to Crackageddon.

Do feed the scrabs.  The ecosystem around Allanak is fragile enough as it is, and they need a steady diet of newbie characters for nourishment.

Kick your local elf.  They're not Keebler.

If it looks like too much like a good thing..it's probably magick and out to steal your soul.  Report it to your local Templar (if you dare bringing their attention to you) or feed it your cousin Malek in the hopes that it doesn't come for you.  This way, you end up with Malek's boots.

If it seems like the environment is out to get you..it is.  The Known is a hell-hole and the flora and fauna live by survival of the fittest.  Humanity and demi-humanity are not such.

Please enjoy your stay in Zalanthas.  No expense has been used to provide you with a comfortable stay (it was lifted off of you two minutes after entering the game by that elf you passed on the street.  No, not that one.  The other one).
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Welcome!  I hope you get as hooked as the rest of us.  ;)

And I want to reiterate, definitely definitely use the helpers.  They saved me a lot of headache when I was new, and I'd played probably twenty or thirty different muds in the couple years previous.  They can help you learn some very Armageddon-specific quirks without ruining the fun you'll have by discovering a lot of IC things yourself.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Hello. If I see you in game I won't necessarily say hello, but Inwill react to you in character. Beware, sometimes that means I'll try to kill you (depends on the character I'm playing).

Quote from: valeria on November 08, 2011, 07:32:03 PM

And I want to reiterate, definitely definitely use the helpers.  They saved me a lot of headache when I was new, and I'd played probably twenty or thirty different muds in the couple years previous.  They can help you learn some very Armageddon-specific quirks without ruining the fun you'll have by discovering a lot of IC things yourself.

This. My first...5 characters or so died within a couple hours of approval. With the approval process sometimes taking a decent bit of time, that can suck. So get all the help you can to gain your bearings, and brace for impact! Welcome to Arm.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Quote from: Heade on November 09, 2011, 08:43:40 AM
Quote from: valeria on November 08, 2011, 07:32:03 PM

This. My first...5 characters or so died within a couple hours of approval. With the approval process sometimes taking a decent bit of time, that can suck. So get all the help you can to gain your bearings, and brace for impact! Welcome to Arm.
Guess I'm not doing so bad after all then!

First char died within 2 days, second char I retired, wasn't my thing. Third char still alive!.... for now... >.>
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Yay, I'm no longer the newest person here.  ;D

Ugh... a year from now, I'm going to... oh, hai! I'm new too, never introduced myself, just instantly started angering/boring people on the boards.... anyway, a year from now, I'm going to release the details of my first few weeks of play, and you will all be AMAZED at my willful stupidity.  Some of you might even get upset.  I'm not kidding. 
Like if you went to watch Charlie Sheen do Shakespeare, but... you know, he's "still got your money, dude."

Anyway, yeah, hello.  Hello!
...The End...

Hello new people.

Phynhas, you anger/bore me, I think!

Quote from: Saellyn on November 10, 2011, 01:08:30 AM
Hello new people.

Phynhas, you anger/bore me, I think!
It's actually hard to both anger and bore someone at the same time, though I do make it look easy.
...The End...

Hello, I am new person. Yes.  Nice to meet you. 

My only MUD experience is a small amount of Aardwolf, and my only role-playing experience is Space Station 13.

This game is good so far, I like.

Quote from: Dathno on November 12, 2011, 12:40:55 AM
Hello, I am new person. Yes.  Nice to meet you. 

My only MUD experience is a small amount of Aardwolf, and my only role-playing experience is Space Station 13.

This game is good so far, I like.

There are actually quite a few similarities between this and SS13. Like poop. Which servers do you play on and what's your name there?

I play on the goon stations, my OOC name is Dathno and my characters names are always "(random fist name) Dathno" so maybe that's not very good role-play...

Hopefully I won't be dyeing as much as I do in SS13 and btw changelings would be awesome in this game!

Hi New Players,

I am definitely not qualified to be on the welcoming committee, but welcome. This game will make you laugh and excited and sweat and even cry if you give it enough chances. Please seek other characters (the ones who seem friendly) for help, because most or all of them are eager to.

But uh, keep in mind that people are also really busy and that this playerbase is loaded with people who have families, jobs, and so on. So don't be too sad when your favorites aren't logged in often.

Okay welcome. :)