How to use the Helper Chat

Started by Cutthroat, September 24, 2011, 09:06:15 AM

September 24, 2011, 09:06:15 AM Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:04:43 AM by Nyr
If one or more helpers are available to chat, you'll see this button at the bottom of the main website:

Don't worry. We are Helpers, not mantises, and we have no intention to eat you. When you click the button you will see a pop-up window to set up your chat profile for the session. The only required information is a name. However, if you include an e-mail, you'll be able to send the chat log back to yourself after it is over.

Edit: To clarify, you're not signing up for anything. It's just a means of identifying yourself to anyone available to answer.

Click Start Chat and you'll see this window, when someone responds, it's chatting time. It operates like a typical IM program. If you made a mistake in the last window, you can also change your name once with the bottom box.

When you are done, say goodbye and click the close button to end the chat.

If there are no helpers online, you can still send an offline message and a staff member will respond when possible. However, an e-mail is required (so that they can respond). Also, you are encouraged to wait until someone is available, which is often.

::)

I wanted to become a helper....

Then I realized, I don't know dick about Zalanthas.

;D

I've used this chat a few times, if only to give Cutthroat something to do on a warm summers eve. It's a lot more helpful than having to download Aim or whatever messenger service the Helper was using before this came in.

Also, If your new, helpers are your friends, I was saved (momentarily) From death a few times by your local neighborhood helpers, who have ensured my noobish mistakes get kept to a minimum.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: Kol on September 24, 2011, 11:20:58 AM
I've used this chat a few times, if only to give Cutthroat something to do on a warm summers eve. It's a lot more helpful than having to download Aim or whatever messenger service the Helper was using before this came in.

There's a few of us who lurk in the Helper chat, but Cutthroat is King of the Chat. He's logged in daily with consistency.

Quote from: spicemustflow on September 24, 2011, 09:37:22 AM
Awesome, I had no idea this thing exists.

It's good for older players with questions, as well as newbies. If you are a newbie reading this, I encourage you to stick your head in. I had someone come on once because someone has suggested they did, but they didn't have any questions. I asked if they were sure there was nothing they needed help with, and they said that they were getting lost around Tuluk. I was able to show them "help map Tuluk", which let them have a better idea of what was going on. So if you're a newbie and just need general help, we can try to figure out what you might need to know.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Heh, yeah. I've signed in through the website before and asked questions for myself while logged in as a helper.
( I didn't answer my own questions of course.... duh, I didn't have the answers.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

September 24, 2011, 01:40:06 PM #5 Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:42:15 PM by Fomalhaut
I'm locking this thread because the question has been thoroughly answered.  Thanks for helping, Helpers!

I'm also going to sticky this for the time being since it is so helpful.
Formaldehyde, ArmageddonMUD, Storyteller to the Stars