Depressing Death?

Started by Recharge, July 29, 2011, 08:58:43 PM

When you don't even see what kills you, that has always put me in the dumps. :(
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Quote from: titansfan on June 10, 2012, 12:03:23 AM
When you don't even see what kills you, that has always put me in the dumps. :(

That was one my favorite deaths. Just lights off.

Second character, just getting while some interesting plots and connections are forming, and the game is starting to make sense to me. I got outside like a newb, having no idea wtf I'm doing and SANDSTORM. Something searches for tracks. Something bites you. Dead.

- I screamed at my laptop.
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Welcome to Armageddon!  ;D
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Thanks for sending the welcomeraptor.  :P

Quote from: greasygemo on June 16, 2012, 01:16:53 PM
Second character, just getting while some interesting plots and connections are forming, and the game is starting to make sense to me. I got outside like a newb, having no idea wtf I'm doing and SANDSTORM. Something searches for tracks. Something bites you. Dead.

Man, I wish I had balls like that when I was new. I never left the gates on my own as a newbie, and didn't play a ranger until like my 10th character.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on June 16, 2012, 02:51:04 PM
Quote from: greasygemo on June 16, 2012, 01:16:53 PM

Man, I wish I had balls like that when I was new. I never left the gates on my own as a newbie, and didn't play a ranger until like my 10th character.

Same, but I'm still chicken.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

My first PC died to a pot-bellied gurth wandering around outside Tuluk. I have serious issues with staying inside the gates, I don't like it!

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

That's nothing, my first character wandered a bit, tried to backstab an NPC, who flee'd (didn't know about subdue) And then the next 20 mins went down like this..

Hide
A guard walks through
N
Hide
A guard walks through
W
A gaurd subues you!
Kill guard
Stab, Stab
Flee
W,N,W,E,W,S,E,S,N,E,E,E,S,W,W,W,S,N,E,W,S,E
A gaurd subues you!
Kill guard
Stab, Stab
Flee
(repeat 5 times until exit gate found)
Outside Gates
Sandstorm
Think "Where the hell is Luirs Gate or whatever??"
You are starving, You are Dehydrated
You Die

Hahahahahaha, I'm amazing. And soooo ashamed.

There's nothing to be ashamed of in there at all. I'm quite impressed you survived the Soldier NPC's.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 17, 2012, 09:56:56 AM
There's nothing to be ashamed of in there at all. I'm quite impressed you survived the Soldier NPC's.

You know, in hindsight, I will always wonder what my first characters stats were. I never knew about the score command...
*palms face, sighs with regret*

Quote from: greasygemo on June 17, 2012, 12:25:32 PM

You know, in hindsight, I will always wonder what my first characters stats were. I never knew about the score command...

I never knew about the skill command for like five characters.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: greasygemo on June 17, 2012, 12:25:32 PM

You probably rolled all AI's. :p

Quote from: Maso on June 17, 2012, 01:17:11 PM
You probably rolled all AI's. :p

I'm going to believe I didn't to ease the sadness, lol

Dying of random, impersonal poisoning that poisoners do in order to skill up.  :-X I should have just logged out when I had the chance, but I thought I could handle it. I really did.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

You poisoned yourself? Should've found some cures before trying.

Logging out doesn't stop you from being poisoned, by the way. Not even positive you can log out while poisoned. I've never tried. But I can definitely tell you that trying to do so is a pretty big no-no.

Well that answers some questions.

As for depressing death: Any day now...

You can't log out while poisoned...not exactly...if you try the game will prompt you, something like, This will cause DEATH...type quite die to do so anyway...or at least the last time I tried...which was many years ago.

You might be able to with poisons that don't kill though.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 17, 2012, 04:25:38 PM
You poisoned yourself? Should've found some cures before trying.

Logging out doesn't stop you from being poisoned, by the way. Not even positive you can log out while poisoned. I've never tried. But I can definitely tell you that trying to do so is a pretty big no-no.

Yeah, this was a situation in which I knew there was no way I'd be able to find cures, unfortunately.

Didn't know about the no log out thing though.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Forgetting the #1 rule of PK, I stopped to emote for a group of people, and someone spam-charged me while I was typing out the emote about how I was sprinting by at a fair distance from the group.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I've never even had a chance to be Pk'd. Dammit... why did I start loving this game during mechanical failure era..... So not fair. I wish I could just fix it. Sigh.

I logged out no problem under the influence of a slow poison.  Next log in of course , I continued on my slow death, but I deliberately chose a time when my clannies could be around to help or watch.

Quote from: Synthesis on June 18, 2012, 08:05:22 PM
Forgetting the #1 rule of PK, I stopped to emote for a group of people, and someone spam-charged me while I was typing out the emote about how I was sprinting by at a fair distance from the group.
I tried to emote how I WOULD start to attack this person, but they kept on spam fleeing. Eventually i just thought: fuck it. And spam attacked them.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I spam-charged a staff animation once. Whoops.

In order to avoid a depressing death, since now I'm going to emote only after I bring them to negative hit points first. Or after I spam flee to the other side of the world.