What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

Trusting that people won't run to their buddies on AIM for a quick rescue while I give a final speech :(

em half-bows to the silvery, whip-wielding noblewoman.

The plot that resulted out of it was quite cool, but I don't think I'm ever going to live that failed bit of emotive artistic license down.
Quote from: saquartey
Rairen, what would we do without you?

Oh, I've got a new one. I missed the entire Copper War because I decided that my elf bard was too much of a coward to attend.

Quote from: Spoon on July 05, 2011, 07:24:15 PM
Oh, I've got a new one. I missed the entire Copper War because I decided that my elf bard was too much of a coward to attend.

That's excellent, actually.  Play the character, not the game.  That's the least dumb thing I've read in here.

The hilarity of some templar confrontations reminds me of a few times where I've played pretty wild rebel characters that didn't give up to the law in any city-state, no matter what.  There were times where I ran around the city trying to get away from templars and soldiers, killing a few here and there.  Skulking from street to street with a militia cloak or templar robe on or something, trying to use it as a disguise.  At times I made it to the stables and galloped my kanks arse off running out the gates... too many other times I got ganked.  ;)

I remember one time some templar walked into Flint's, confronted my Mul and I ran off, some female character following me that I forgot about... so I figured they thought we were both outlaws.  Ran around in the southwest part of Tuluk, back then where you could go down one level in the commoners quarter... hiding there, then trying to get out and away in the sand storm and ended up fighting some templars and soldiers in the dark storm... maybe killed a couple soldiers and a templar before finally getting zapped and horribly burned to death by some spell.  I was hoping I could make it out of the city during low visibility, but back then the code wasn't quite as realistic.

Quote from: Spoon on July 05, 2011, 07:24:15 PM
I missed it becasue I was playing a Tuluki in the South at the time.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

No matter how much of a vet you are ... we all psi ourselves into a black out every once in awhile.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on July 07, 2011, 03:36:58 AM
No matter how much of a vet you are ... we all psi ourselves into a black out every once in awhile.

and it's still embarresing -every single time-
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Something I've never done.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on July 07, 2011, 09:02:24 AM

Same here. But I've come -extremely- close while not paying attention.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Mistake #1 was chasing a pair of desert elves in a sandstorm.  That's such a horrifical mistake that I no doubt deserved what I got.
Mistake #2 was not retreating three clicks inside Allanak.  At the gates != safety.

(I'm sure that a pair of Soh had an important IC reason for taking pot-shots at soldiers south of the Shield Wall, sigh.)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Zoltan on July 07, 2011, 09:09:02 AM
Quote from: X-D on July 07, 2011, 09:02:24 AM

Same here. But I've come -extremely- close while not paying attention.

I did it only once, a long time ago, but my PC was drunk, and I think sometimes I get too into the mindset.  The easiest reason for me not doing the popular Way-nap is probably because I keep stun on a prompt, and monitor these numbers like a hawk.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on July 07, 2011, 09:50:13 AM
Mistake #1 was chasing a pair of desert elves in a sandstorm.  That's such a horrifical mistake that I no doubt deserved what I got.
Mistake #2 was not retreating three clicks inside Allanak.  At the gates != safety.

(I'm sure that a pair of Soh had an important IC reason for taking pot-shots at soldiers south of the Shield Wall, sigh.)

Politics, probably.  (See: help_skills)
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

My first PC was employed to a Rukkian, said Rukkian led my PC to his top secret cave to gather basalt. Not only on the way there did I say "its cold out" in the middle of the zalanthian day, but I also got lost trying to find it again later on and subsequently ran out of stamina, resulting in a quick nap in the middle of the desert.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

First to come to memory..

When we were first getting the Soh going and had not yet achieved staff backing or a simple campgrounds,
we were basing at the desert elf outpost.

Well, up-times were long then, our playtimes were high and few got into the Pah without us knowing about it
so we used a table in the tavern as our personal tribe storage.

Like playing Jenga, with every piece of debris/resource/hide you can find in the area..

I think Sanvean is the staff member who whooped us for that one.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: Hot_Dancer on July 09, 2011, 11:04:27 PM
First to come to memory..

When we were first getting the Soh going and had not yet achieved staff backing or a simple campgrounds,
we were basing at the desert elf outpost.

Well, up-times were long then, our playtimes were high and few got into the Pah without us knowing about it
so we used a table in the tavern as our personal tribe storage.

Like playing Jenga, with every piece of debris/resource/hide you can find in the area..

I think Sanvean is the staff member who whooped us for that one.

I remember that table...

I also remember the whole drama surrounding theft from it and someone's opinions  :-\
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Oh, before I forget:

> bs ankheg
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: musashi on July 07, 2011, 03:36:58 AM

I lag so often that this is a regularity with me. And I'm not used to having lower stat characters so ... it's been a doozy a couple times in recent history. Roflmao.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Synthesis on July 10, 2011, 12:36:39 AM
Oh, before I forget:

> bs ankheg

Man, those things are -brutal-.  The time I died to one, I OOCly knew what I was doing, and it was completely IC for my character, but ...  wow.  Some monsters in this game are/were awesome.

While we're on the monster vein:

> l in nest

Inside a nest you see:
a really big roc

>enter nest

>mount roc

Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

hitch mekillot
mount mekillot
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

>kill wyvern

>kill demon

>kill plainsman
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

> look

A herd of wild erdlus are here, minding their own business.

>sap erdlu.
Quote from: Majikal on August 20, 2009, 05:53:09 PM

Running after Carru, catching them, then eating them while they are still breathing is a Red Fang's version of 'fast food'.

Oh hay, sup mister templar talking to me infront of this helpful militia member. I'm going to just type hide so you  can't see me anymore... And then run away to a certain unsavory place... And then come back when you start yelling in my head.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"