What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

wish all Someone up there tell Halasturd to blow me!1!!!  
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: Seeker on July 02, 2011, 03:07:59 PM

This is like half a story. What horrible thing happened next?!  :o
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on July 02, 2011, 03:17:37 PM
Quote from: Seeker on July 02, 2011, 03:07:59 PM

This is like half a story. What horrible thing happened next?!  :o

He did.

With Mortal-Slayer.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

The Byn was apparently severely lacking in PC leadership, or the immortals felt sorry for a newbie, but I had wished up because I was looking for a Byn Sergeant.

So I'm getting recruited, and all of a sudden the Sergeant kicked me, and was killed by guards. My PC looted the corpse, obviously, and ran off. Then all of a sudden I was in a naughty room with the Shade of Nessalin telling me I was very naughty and should junk everything I took.

It may have been about ten years ago, but I think first impressions count.

It's hard to choose just one. Take your pick.

- Grabbed a shield while unarmed fighting a mek
- Pissed off a Gypsy noble from Tuluk, as a Nakki, with a dragon tattoo on his face
- Tried to assassinate a Red Robe, with the help of an elkran elf
- Tried to kill a snake with a 35 day merchant noble gone renegade with only 10 stun left.

;D
edit: typos

With a very powerful, very high profile pc.

Get attacked by <censored> and in my panic.

>Flee n
you flee north!
>e
>s
>w

The room [NESW]
<censored> is still here in this room idiot

A <censored> attacks you!
It viciously  attacks you on your neck and stuff omg

>flee w
You flee, heading west!
>n
>e
>s

The room [NESW]
<censored> is DEFINITELY still here in this room idiot

A <censored> attacks you... again!!
It viciously rapes your damn face and stuff omg

You're almost dead! Shit!

>cast 'blah' self
stuff swirls around you as you summon the wrong spell

you utter the wrong spell, targeting yourself, really?

cast 'blah self'
What?

cast 'self'
what?

cast 'blahblah' self
You're safe now. Whoot.

I survived with something like 10hp, my pc was capable of quite a few ridiculous things but in my panic something not all that scary nearly killed him. Think I've posted this before.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

One time I didn't realize I was actually sneaking in the wilderness past things that would like to facestomp me--but I didn't realize about the facestomp potential, because most things that wanted to facestomp me would actually attack me because I wasn't really sneaking, therefore giving me some warning.  Anyway, I was boppin' along when I entered a dark cave.  And then I pulled my torch out to see what was in the cave.  And then a big bad stomped my face into the torch.  But it was cool because I fled out, and was trying to sneak back home to lick my wounds and pout.  But I was apparently only good at sneak on the way in.   ::)
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Once I had hired a body guard (another's pc) dwarf, for my breed weapons crafter, and we traveled the north road a lot (a few years back RL). Came upon a dead carru in the road and though, -hellz yea-, free carru. Well my pc cut it up rather good, and at the time I didn't give any thought to the weight limits, nor to how freak'n heavy somethings can be, so I mis type put all bag and pack an empty bag. I then mis type mount and walk my mount south, the guard following me, and BAM a carru respawns and charges.
The guard leaps between and I freak out and head south, only having seen the carru and not the guard doing his job protecting me.
I look north and see the dwarf in mortal combat (keep in mind, we both are rather young in the characters lives) and I get all concerned for my guard and run back, super heavy, I think the message was, the weight of the known rests in your inventory.
So here I am charging back to help my guard and he drops dead (or so I thought) and I rush to draw the carru's attention and get spam bashed for four leagues. No kidding, literally. It was breed bowling for the carru league that night. Come to find out I run into the dwarf in the tavern with a new character, listening to him talking about how he was good at his job so long as who he protects doesn't try to rush back in when he's giving up his life for them. Come to find out he went negative, but came back because my pc was so kind as to draw the carru leagues away.  
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Way back in the day it used to be that when they threw you in jail your "wanted" status went away...

So I would just sneak into the templar quarters and steal the key from the jail-guard, open the door and left my friends out!

Yeah that doesn't work anymore... (smirks)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

i'm still very much a newb when it comes to city deaths. i'm glad i can't talk about them.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Subdue war beetle
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Besides totally forgetting I was in a tavern and then standing up and casting a spell (thinking I was in my apartment), I'd say one of my dumbest moments was when one of my PCs back in 2000 or so tried to shit on a Byn Lieutenent in the middle of the Gaj.  That didn't go over well.

Quote from: Sephiroto on July 04, 2011, 01:20:44 AM
Besides totally forgetting I was in a tavern and then standing up and casting a spell (thinking I was in my apartment), I'd say one of my dumbest moments was when one of my PCs back in 2000 or so tried to shit on a Byn Lieutenent in the middle of the Gaj.  That didn't go over well.

lol...very nice, though I'm trying to picture the method of shitting on someone in a bar..and wishing I wasn't picturing trying to shit on someone in a bar..

If he were a true Bynner, he wouldn't have noticed.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 04, 2011, 08:09:21 AM

If he were a true Bynner, he wouldn't have noticed.

Not so. Lt's are above being shit on.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

Stumbled upon a web-covered cave in the desert.. Spiders are a bitch
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Had a pretty tough dwarven guard for... was it Oash?  Some years ago... ended up killing some roguish elven trader dude in the House compound when my noble boss gave the go ahead.  I stupidly drank from one of the waterskins I found on his corpse.  I guess I was sort of not worried, partially because of dwarven resistence to poison - which doesn't always seem to work out too well.  Poor dwarf puked and croaked... I think I found a tablet on the corpse also, but I couldn't get it to work for some reason.  I can't remember if I was doing the wrong syntax or there was a bug or what... "eat tablet"... "Your stomach refuses to eat that!"  I don't remember if I tried swallow or not.  Heh.

Quote from: Sokotra on July 05, 2011, 12:08:48 AM
Had a pretty tough dwarven guard for... was it Oash?  Some years ago... ended up killing some roguish elven trader dude in the House compound when my noble boss gave the go ahead.  I stupidly drank from one of the waterskins I found on his corpse.  I guess I was sort of not worried, partially because of dwarven resistence to poison - which doesn't always seem to work out too well.  Poor dwarf puked and croaked... I think I found a tablet on the corpse also, but I couldn't get it to work for some reason.  I can't remember if I was doing the wrong syntax or there was a bug or what... "eat tablet"... "Your stomach refuses to eat that!"  I don't remember if I tried swallow or not.  Heh.

There's a hint in the helpfiles.  Cool death, though, you didn't waste water.  ;)

Actually Kismatic.

There was a time when you could not eat a cure if you were full or in the case of that poison.

It has since been fixed.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

deciding with a 60-day warrior PC who happened to be carrying a bag of heavy shit around that I totally forgot about "oh what's that a kryl disturbing the road i got this i've killed like a bazillion kryl' and decidedly getting spam-acided in the face like a little bitch and passing out and because poison code is wonky still fighting back at -9HP when a grazing hit to the arm killed me.

i didn't feel like getting my mount out of the stables at the time so i decided "i'll just walk derpyderpyderp"

Very nearly losing a 40 day ranger to a gortok.

The fight with it got me down to like 15 HP before I finally killed it and the whole time I was thinking "WOW THIS IS A CRAZY STRONG GORTOK!!!!

Yeah ... or ... I forgot all I was wielding was an arrow.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I've done a lot of stupid things, but many of those stupid things were awesome, especially when I was playing Raul. Here's one:

There was a newish templar that didn't seem to hate Raul, so the mustachioed lieutenant resolved to do a good job for that guy at the earliest opportunity. Well, the templar had a job that only the Byn was retarded enough to attempt: taming a tarantula for use as a mount. The pay was going to be decent, and it was something new, so what the hey...

So there we are, fist-fighting tarantulas. We finally got one knocked out and then I ordered a runner -- our lone ranger -- to straddle the thing. Then I got my smelling salts out...

I spent a lot of time laughing at the keyboard playing that dude.  ;D

As for legitimately stupid player-error things? I know I got some... but I can't remember at the moment.  :( Just a lot of really dumb IC things.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

LOL I remember taming tarantulas as a mount with my lone ranger using the less sophisticated method of scan, sneak, hide, and ride!

I still chuckle thinking about how that must have looked IC.  :D
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Heh, Raul was cool.  I think I still recall how he died.

Near 20 years ago when first learning the game, I was just getting into the role play thing online. I was all of around 14 years old at the time when I first started playing Armageddon. Decided to give a 'rough and tumble' sort a try. Rolled up a warrior. Got caught walking around the city with my weapons out (wasn't new to muds, used to play a hack and slash where that sort of thing didn't matter whatsoever) by a PC 'nakki Templar. Not even fully understanding what Templars were, I barreled along with my 'rough and tumble' sort. Words such as 'bastard' and 'ass' were casually tossed out at said Templar. Hilarity followed (at least, for the Templar and the small crowd watching, not so much for my character).