What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

typing jump at 3am with blurry eyes to jump over a sword lying on the ground and abbreviating the command while carrying a VERY expensive sword.
Malifaxis has UBER board skills

Desert Elf Warrior, with master (at the time) parry, roaming around the grasslands. Can't find the ATV camp in the dark, so I keep looking around. Wind up in a room with a cilops, and am under attack. Inix catches the combat, joins in.

I kill the cilops, -and- the inix, in a blinding sandstorm, at night.

But I'm poisoned. At the time, I didn't understand the poison and cures in the game, and had no idea what to do to cure myself.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Logged in on a night where I had no time to log in, had no reason to be logging in IRL or IC.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

July 01, 2011, 10:47:44 PM #4 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:51:41 PM by Synthesis
If you got hit by a cilops as a d-elf warrior, you didn't have parry mastered, broheim.

Oh, yeah...beyond my previously-mentioned escapades...I vaguely recall power-emoting urinating on a Tuluki noble one time, but I was pretty drunk, so I'm not sure if I actually did it, or if I dreamed it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on July 01, 2011, 10:47:44 PM
If you got hit by a cilops as a d-elf warrior, you didn't have parry mastered, broheim.

Oh, yeah...beyond my previously-mentioned escapades...I vaguely recall power-emoting urinating on a Tuluki noble one time, but I was pretty drunk, so I'm not sure if I actually did it, or if I dreamed it.

I did, sir, when I had multiple opponents, and was unable to see (even though <CERTAIN SKILL> helped)

Only takes one hit.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

So far, the only truly dumb thing I've done was not ask someone who knew the city better to show me how to get to the salt flats. I wandered away on my own and wound up in a seedy part of 'Nak and got stabbed to death v.v;

July 01, 2011, 11:14:27 PM #7 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 11:41:07 PM by Kismetic
I don't know, I figured this game out pretty quick ...

Hitting 'enter portal' twice?

I thought of something.  Referencing stars and moving water, and other alien concepts by habit of conversation.  Using words that are contrived, by context.  Uhh, going in that dark place.  :)

July 01, 2011, 11:50:25 PM #8 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 11:52:11 PM by morrigan
Quote from: Kismetic on July 01, 2011, 11:14:27 PM
I don't know, I figured this game out pretty quick ...

Hitting 'enter portal' twice?

I thought of something.  Referencing stars and moving water, and other alien concepts by habit of conversation.  Using words that are contrived, by context.  Uhh, going in that dark place.  :)

Moving water isn't too alien a concept now... :p

One of my dumbest things... making a comment about a noble being mad because I had more sid than he did...in front of the noble..and witnesses..with nowhere to run.

w
Some Place in the Desert [N, E, S, W]
This room looks like stuff

l n
A cliff
l w
The way you want to go
l s
Some Sand.

w
You ride west.

l n
A cliff
l w
The way you want to go
l s
Some Sand

w
You ride west.

l n
A cliff
l w
Another cliff
l s
The way you want to go
w

You climb, and slip!
You plummet to the ground below...

/\\_____//~-_                        _-~\\__
                             (~)       ~-_ ~-_                  _-~ _-~   
                            (~)           ~-_ ~-_            _-~ /-~     
Welcome to Armageddon!     (~)              `~-_ ~_======_--~~ __~       
                          (~)               _~_\__\____/__/_--\ ~`-_   
                           \           _-~~            _-~~~-_ \_  ~-_ 
You may:                    ~-       __--~`_    /   _-~         ~.     ~_
(N) Create a new account           -~        \     _~       ___,  \ ~-_  \
(C) Connect to your account      ,~ _-,       ~  _~         \   \  | , \ \ 
(V) Toggle ANSI/VT100 mode      / /~/      -~   /            ~  /  /  \~  \
(B) Toggle 'brief' menus        | | \     _~    |        __-~  / _/  \~  '\
(D) Documentation menu          \ ~-_~   -   |  _      ~-____-~ .~  \~    |
(X) Exit Armageddon             /`.  __~~   ~   `_          __-~   \~    \~
(?) Read menu options           \_ ~~   .  |  .   ~-____--~~   \ \_~   _/~ 
                                /\___--~       ~--_      /   ____~ _/~~     
                                \         /        ~~~___  /     _-\\~\     
                                /\       /                   _-\~\\~\\~\   
                               / | \   \ | /    /         _-~ )\\~\\~\\~~\ 
                              { /\ \             /      _~ \  ~`~~\\~~\\~~\
Read the documentation        { |\     __ _           _-\   \  \\~~\\~~\\~~\
menu before creating your     | ||~_ /`    ~\  /    _/~  )   | |\\~~\\~~\\~~
character, please.            | ||  \|"""""""|_ __-~     ;   | |~\\~~\\~~\\~
                              \ \\  ({"""""""}\\        _~  /  /~~\\~~\\~~\\

It's a toss up between that, and typing junk (fancy emote) [fancy emote follow up], and then forgetting to add the keyword of the thing I was junking, and junking something important instead.

Trying to make a comeback to the game, so I guess I'll start by posting in a new thread.

Back in the day, one of my earliest characters was a human, Allanaki commoner by the name of Marok-Tor.  You'd think the staff would have mentioned something about my choice of name, (despite the hyphenation) or at least flat out rejected my submission, but things were different then.  I think the Blackwings were off riding kanks somewhere.  So when a Templar approached me and I announced myself, it went something like this:

The haughty, badass Templar says, in sirihish:
    "Present yourself, citizen."

Bowing, you say to the haughty, badass Templar, in sirihish:
    "Marok-Tor, my lord."

The haughty, badass Templar says, in sirihish:
    "Tor?  Where is your signet ring?"

You say to the haughty, badass Templar, in sirihish:
    "Uh... what?"

The haughty, badass Templar shouts, in sirihish:
    "Imposter!"

The haughty, badass Templar [casts a terrifying spell].

Basically, things went awry.  I poured over the documentation in those early days, but I guess I missed that bit about House Tor.

nooblar'd ftl
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

On my first PC, I'd offer people sitting around the Gaj jobs. I told them they'd have to come meet my boss first in the Rinth, at which point I'd lead them to a very public tavern and kill them.

I don't know how that never caught up to me.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Wore a dead Kuraci's cloak to the outpost. ( I didn't realize) I had to check it'd been a year. Oddly, I did survive it.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I started as a rinthi back when I was newb enough not to know how to change language, or knew that the rinth was divided into westside and eastside. Back then, docs didn't mention that westside or eastside existed, much less that you shouldn't go out of your side. i was an elf and they start out speaking allundean, so i'm sitting in a westside bar and this guy comes in and we start talking, except i pretend not to speak sirihish because i don't know the command. he tells me to follow him or get killed, and i know he's gonna freakin' cut my head off, but i do what he says anyway. he shuts the door in an abandoned building and starts cutting me up with a butcher knife. so many potential escape openings, and if i were in that role today, i might have been able to escape and would definitely have managed to at least get out of his sight. i mean, it was a really long walk, and i could have run away at any time. it was like austin powers driving a tractor and the guy screaming for five minutes before being rolled over.

not sure if it's that one, or the one where i looked north in the grey forest, and saw a pile of garbage for the first time. and went towards it to look at it. then i'm like, kryl? wow. second impression: kryl?!!! mantis head.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Well, I once applied for a Borsail Mul. I didn't know there were no Borsails around to sell me. I spawned in the Tavern, got set up by an immortal. First PC to run into me was a templar. They asked me some questions and then took me to sit at the entrance of the Borsail Estates. He mentioned that he hasn't seen any public Borsail for a while. I sat there for a long time, and then stored. Since now, not only could I not get out of the nobles quarter, there weren't any Borsail PCs around at the time.

Tied between that and when I was a D-elf. She was pretty prominent. Well, I was at the very beginning of a long series of events in the scheme of the world that I can't name. Well, the bad thing wanted to speak to me (An Imm, I'm guessing). I ran from the SLK camp down there and after I got there, another IMM informed me the 1.Imm could not make it. So I started to run back. I ran into a Dujat (Which I could kill pretty easily at the time), it f'ed me up with a vengeance. I got it down to near death with a quicker time, but then it turned into the terminator and went on the war path. I had pretty good flee, I fled n, but ran south, into a hole.
After a tense minute, you can guess what came down after me and what happened after that.
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

I tried to climb down a certain poop chute in Tuluk. I don't know what I expected to find down there besides more poop ... I couldn't get back up  :-\
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I backstabbed a salt worm and expected a half-dozen Bynners who hated me to come to my rescue.

I fell down a mineshaft with my kank. Because I didn't read room descriptions. Nearly starved down there.

I also 'accidentally' walked into a certain tower because the door was open for some reason. A staff member animated some NPC, chased me out and told me the gate should have been closed.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

called a Templar "sugar tits."

you can fill in what happened next.
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Dakota on July 02, 2011, 05:37:00 AM

Pedantic OOC talking-down about how no one knows what sugar is in Zalanthas because all they have is honey?

i cried in a bar one time. there were two pcs there. i never cried in the game again.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Byn sponsored role post in Staff Announcements reminded me of this, I've totally kicked someone as a Byn sergeant in an attempt to boot them from the clan.

Quote from: jstorrie on July 02, 2011, 05:54:06 AM
Quote from: Dakota on July 02, 2011, 05:37:00 AM

Pedantic OOC talking-down about how no one knows what sugar is in Zalanthas because all they have is honey?

this made me lol. you're growing on me.
Czar of City Elves.