What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

Was getting raided in the Tablelands and I claimed that they had best leave me alone because my friend was a powerful mage. They took my stuff anyway. Then I trudged back to Tuluk, penniless and dejected. A Lirathuan templar greeted me there and took me to the cells to interrogate and execute me.

Quote from: MatisseOrOtherwise on January 25, 2020, 08:37:16 AM
Dumbest thing I ever did was actually on my namesake character! Half-breed called Matisse got harrassed by a corporal of the Arm in the Gaj, and my being ridiculously new to the game (my only prior character dying in the sands to a scorpion), did not know that listen was a skill that people had and could use.
I put up with the harrassment like a good breed, then the moment the corporal and soldiers left, I said "what a dick" out loud.
He came right on back into the Gaj, subdued her, and I was like WTF WTF WHATS GOING ON WTF and tried to flee - he told me to stop resisting, but I didn't understand because newbie and didn't read much of the code relevant docs - and so he killed her.
RIP Matisse, you were too dumb for this world.

I was part of a similar scene, but in Tuluk. I was playing a Templar, and the person did a "mutter" (I think maybe whisper self was available now, I don't remember) and the mutter was basically "You're an asshole".

The person was pissed because "there was no way I could have heard that".

They then fled arrest and killed numerous NPCs while running into a Salarr compound because the gates would save him. Until staff allowed me to open the gates at which point he ran past everyone on his way out.

The dumb thing I did? I was chasing someone and never used guard, or had an HG actually attempt to subdue. So the person ran around like a murdermaching.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Oh yea. Riev's post just reminded me. I made a Tuluki elf and was curious about the effects of spice so I spent all my starting sid on different spices, snorted it all until all my scores were exceptional, and attacked someone right in the city. Ran all around and was able to escape subdues pretty easily for a while until they finally managed to kill me.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
― Michael Scott, The Warlock

Quote from: MatisseOrOtherwise on January 25, 2020, 08:37:16 AM
Dumbest thing I ever did was actually on my namesake character! Half-breed called Matisse got harrassed by a corporal of the Arm in the Gaj, and my being ridiculously new to the game (my only prior character dying in the sands to a scorpion), did not know that listen was a skill that people had and could use.
I put up with the harrassment like a good breed, then the moment the corporal and soldiers left, I said "what a dick" out loud.
He came right on back into the Gaj, subdued her, and I was like WTF WTF WHATS GOING ON WTF and tried to flee - he told me to stop resisting, but I didn't understand because newbie and didn't read much of the code relevant docs - and so he killed her.
RIP Matisse, you were too dumb for this world.

Amazing, I had a character in a slightly similar situation that I can't talk about yet.
Thats funny I'll admit.
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.