What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on October 07, 2013, 05:31:04 AM
Mine was somewhat like this but only stupider if that is possible. Ummm Krath I can't talk about it it hasn't be a year yet. I'll check back in a few months when it has been a year.

You are not alone.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

October 07, 2013, 11:35:15 AM #376 Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:43:07 AM by MadHatter
Quote from: Fredd on September 15, 2013, 02:59:25 PM
COuple years ago I had a pc in a pc made group called like "Two Moons." And it was filled with people of just plain awesome that helped me become a better roleplayer. Now I'm playing a ranger and I knew how to get to red storm, but I hadn't realized the way there had changed. So I happily lead two of my best friends out the gate, start heading there with the route I know, and suddenly we are falling, and it's raining inix and beetles.

One died instantly, the other bled out, and I lived. Super awesome rp, but man, I still feel dumb.

Oh, My beetle lived too.

Funny enough, my stupid thing has to do with this exact incident, or well...I am the one who bled out,  but the funny thing is that before my char joined the 'Three' Moons, he was with the Byn and before he was with the Byn, he was a green ass noob, or more I was. It all started when I decided to go out salting and for some reason went off course and fell into that same place. I was alone and solo rp'd for like a RL week or two and he was nearly to starving/dehydrated when some Red Fang comes wandering in and miraculously doesn't kill him, but leads him out, helps him get his lizard and tells him that he's going to be an asset of the Red Fangs, think he called himself Death. Hooked him up with some stump who paid his way into the Byn which led to him joining the Three Moons, which led to him dying in the exact same hole some ig years later.  Oh irony, I know you well.
My only thought was you have got to be *bleep* kiddin me...

October 07, 2013, 09:30:24 PM #377 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:44:52 PM by Fujikoma
(actually, I likely shouldn't post that)
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Back in like, seventh grade. Was my third character and second Bynner. Was playing darts in the Byn barracks and decided to see what would happen if I threw said dart at Bones... After that I played an Elf Merchant, so bad decisions all around :P
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

I may of admitting to burning a certain inn down..
"Bring out the gorgensplat!"

First character, fresh out of char gen which I had spent three hours on because I was too lazy to read the docs at the time.
I had a skinning knife and a helmet, that was all.

>enter arch
>w
>l
>l w
> w
>l soldier
>draw skinning
>kill soldier

*wall of combat text ensues*

2 seconds later...

_______                                ___
                              /\\_____//~-_                        _-~\\__
                             (~)       ~-_ ~-_                  _-~ _-~   
                            (~)           ~-_ ~-_            _-~ /-~     
Welcome to Armageddon!     (~)              `~-_ ~_======_--~~ __~       
                          (~)               _~_\__\____/__/_--\ ~`-_   
                           \           _-~~            _-~~~-_ \_  ~-_ 
You may:                    ~-       __--~`_    /   _-~         ~.     ~_
(N) Create a new account           -~        \     _~       ___,  \ ~-_  \
(C) Connect to your account      ,~ _-,       ~  _~         \   \  | , \ \ 
(V) Toggle ANSI/VT100 mode      / /~/      -~   /            ~  /  /  \~  \
(B) Toggle 'brief' menus        | | \     _~    |        __-~  / _/  \~  '\
(D) Documentation menu          \ ~-_~   -   |  _      ~-____-~ .~  \~    |
(X) Exit Armageddon             /`.  __~~   ~   `_          __-~   \~    \~
(?) Read menu options           \_ ~~   .  |  .   ~-____--~~   \ \_~   _/~ 
                                /\___--~       ~--_      /   ____~ _/~~     
                                \         /        ~~~___  /     _-\\~\     
                                /\       /                   _-\~\\~\\~\   
                               / | \   \ | /    /         _-~ )\\~\\~\\~~\ 
                              { /\ \             /      _~ \  ~`~~\\~~\\~~\
Read the documentation        { |\     __ _           _-\   \  \\~~\\~~\\~~\
menu before creating your     | ||~_ /`    ~\  /    _/~  )   | |\\~~\\~~\\~~
character, please.            | ||  \|"""""""|_ __-~     ;   | |~\\~~\\~~\\~
                              \ \\  ({"""""""}\\        _~  /  /~~\\~~\\~~\\
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

Quote from: Derain on March 14, 2014, 12:55:11 PM
I may of admitting to burning a certain inn down..

I miss that Inn!   Though a lot of my characters died there... so... its probably for the best
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Played Giant's Fist as Avell and gave his name as 'BerklovesTuluk', emailed about that - 4/21/10

Nodik says: ""let's see. reading the report now" - 4/17/02
Please watch to make sure he's not abusing his powers. - 4/17/02
Exchanged mudmail with him. He's trying and wants to do well - 4/19/02
But he's a newbie in a difficult/advanced role. Needs direction - 4/19/02

First of all, I made a 'no dick' character who ended up the one sole living PC private of AoD in the city devoid of PC templarars, or other aod soldiers. The ENTIRE CITY WAS MINE!   

Made a vivaduan named Susej.

Was emailed back with a denial, and a "Jesus spelled backwords is STILL a bad name for a character."

Love it. ;D

Also, once locked the door on a reynolte soldier to kill him, and it turned out to be the dwarven killing machine that was Thanos.  Did not end well.

Also, one of my incredibly powerful dwarf in the crimson wind, saw a silt lurker disappear.  So I went after it.  And, just like the lurker did.  Sank into the sea and died.
25 some days played.. what an incredibly bad way to die.

For some reason I can't even comprehend, I thought you couldn't flee while mounted and that you'd have to get off and hoof it... that never worked out well.
Why can't kanks clap?
Because they're dead.

Has nobody said, "Fall in love?"

::)   :-[   :'(
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote from: DesertT on January 22, 2020, 01:34:39 PM

D'aww!
Labor omnia vincit - "(Hard) work conquers all."

I once fell off the shield wall three times in one RL hour.   Now it was because of the stuck key on one of my keyboard.  But the dumb part is that I kept playing whilst trying to fix it. 

Quote from: DesertT on January 22, 2020, 01:34:39 PM

A number of my PCs have fallen in love.  But the stupidest thing I've ever done was as a Fale noble when I did something that caused her to be put under house arrest and then, ultimately, be stored.  And it was 100% player error.  Totally my fault.

So, you may be asking, what's love got to do with it?

Well, when Lord Templar Samos (by then he was Greatlord Samos Rennik) came into the Fale estate to place my noble under house arrest and believe me she was in SOOO much trouble, she chose that unlikely moment to confess her love for him.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

The stupidest thing I have done and will probably do again is walk in a direction when I think I know where I am, without looking in that direction.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

January 23, 2020, 12:54:02 AM #390 Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 01:00:10 AM by only_plays_tribals
Riding off the shield wall and KO'd while my PC was lecturing someone about carelessness and distracted.

Or.. the 40,403 times I've continued along armed with a skinning knife right before attacking a tembo/carru/rantarri/kryl/spider/etc.

Also almost everything that ever involved kryl.
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

I have been killed by my own mount at least five times.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on January 23, 2020, 05:59:41 PM
I have been killed by my own mount at least five times.
I don't feel so bad for my once!

Also "I wonder what a mesa is" and "Oh. This looks interesting. I wonder what's around this corner" is probably up there for my stupid deaths.

I once talked a guy into going into a place that looked safe. I had no idea what was in there before hand, but apparently it's silt. So sorry that guy, I had no idea.

Quote from: Hauwke on January 24, 2020, 02:17:52 AM
I once talked a guy into going into a place that looked safe. I had no idea what was in there before hand, but apparently it's silt. So sorry that guy, I had no idea.

I think I was there for that.

Wild.

We all learned that day not to walk [redacted] in the [redacted] dens.
Lizard time.

Quote from: MatisseOrOtherwise on January 24, 2020, 02:35:13 AM
Quote from: Hauwke on January 24, 2020, 02:17:52 AM

I think I was there for that.

Wild.

We all learned that day not to walk [redacted] in the [redacted] dens.

Okay so, it has happened twice then lmao.

I often die from my character doing stupid shit that I know better about.   Then there are the deaths where I become so invested that I forget to eat and drink.  Of course time passes much more quickly for my character, so hey starve to death or die of thirst before I do.  Lucky for me.

I got separated from my side during the HRPT war between Tuluk and Allanak. I see a wall of people like 'Oh, these are my people'. I go that way, look around. Everyone engages. Flee flee flee. Dead. Those were not my people.

Quote from: RabidMuffins on January 22, 2020, 12:07:20 PM
For some reason I can't even comprehend, I thought you couldn't flee while mounted and that you'd have to get off and hoof it... that never worked out well.

Wait? ...  Yeah!

Also you have to dismount to fight still right?  ;D

The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Dumbest thing I ever did was actually on my namesake character! Half-breed called Matisse got harrassed by a corporal of the Arm in the Gaj, and my being ridiculously new to the game (my only prior character dying in the sands to a scorpion), did not know that listen was a skill that people had and could use.
I put up with the harrassment like a good breed, then the moment the corporal and soldiers left, I said "what a dick" out loud.
He came right on back into the Gaj, subdued her, and I was like WTF WTF WHATS GOING ON WTF and tried to flee - he told me to stop resisting, but I didn't understand because newbie and didn't read much of the code relevant docs - and so he killed her.
RIP Matisse, you were too dumb for this world.
Lizard time.