What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

I convinced several local hunters to travel the Salt Flats exploring with me. This took an incredible amount of effort and coordination, but eventually all parties were available. We set out, make our pact to all return alive and surged onward, but we didn't expect the trip to be quite so quick. Wound up taking four kanks and their high-playtime riders down a 6-room drop that none survived. The part that kills me is reading the room description, digesting there was a massive drop about to occur and in the worst habit ever, I issued the command to go into the room. What a bad day that was, but damn funny thinking back on it all.

- Symph

Quote from: musashi on May 27, 2011, 06:24:12 AM
No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

Quote from: Symphony on September 17, 2013, 07:59:40 PM
I convinced several local hunters to travel the Salt Flats exploring with me. This took an incredible amount of effort and coordination, but eventually all parties were available. We set out, make our pact to all return alive and surged onward, but we didn't expect the trip to be quite so quick. Wound up taking four kanks and their high-playtime riders down a 6-room drop that none survived. The part that kills me is reading the room description, digesting there was a massive drop about to occur and in the worst habit ever, I issued the command to go into the room. What a bad day that was, but damn funny thinking back on it all.

- Symph

Foundation of the Byn, maybe?  :D
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Played Giant's Fist as Avell and gave his name as 'BerklovesTuluk', emailed about that - 4/21/10 Morgenes.

Quote from: BleakOne on September 17, 2013, 08:22:31 PM
Quote from: Symphony on September 17, 2013, 07:59:40 PM

- Symph

Foundation of the Byn, maybe?  :D

Sounds like just another typical 'Nakki if you ask me. Go all in or go home.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

From my account notes in 2008, when I was playing a templar.

Quote-  At 47 days played, player passed out from psi stun in the middle of a busy tavern.  Never let her live it down, by any means ;)  (note to player:  Thanks for the laughs!) - 2/21/08
:-\
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on September 18, 2013, 04:14:01 PM
From my account notes in 2008, when I was playing a templar.

Quote-  At 47 days played, player passed out from psi stun in the middle of a busy tavern.  Never let her live it down, by any means ;)  (note to player:  Thanks for the laughs!) - 2/21/08
:-\

LOL, now that's funny.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

...That one was a little hard to RP around.    ::)
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

/tangent

one day i want to see a <southern>templar that breaks the mold a little, maybe he doesn't shoot icy cold glares of death all the time. maybe he hangs out with the common folk. maybe he doesn't act like much of a templar at all. maybe he doesn't have a stick up his ass 24/7. maybe he's a slacker who doesn't take his duties very seriously. or nothing seriously. its probably been done before, but i havent seen it. it would be interesting to see how the culture dealt with it.

Whiran cronie from Gin's gang comes up.

The exchange went something like:

Cronie: "You pay for protection."
Me: "Piss off."
Cronie: "You sure?"
Me: "Yup."
Cronie: "k"

Few RL days later.

Quick: "Hi."

Quote from: Wastrel on September 18, 2013, 05:59:18 PM
/tangent

one day i want to see a <southern>templar that breaks the mold a little, maybe he doesn't shoot icy cold glares of death all the time. maybe he hangs out with the common folk. maybe he doesn't act like much of a templar at all. maybe he doesn't have a stick up his ass 24/7. maybe he's a slacker who doesn't take his duties very seriously. or nothing seriously. its probably been done before, but i havent seen it. it would be interesting to see how the culture dealt with it.

So... a Fale.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

nah not really. less fabulous. but such a pc would probably have to be one.

The only Fale templar I can recall was scary as fuck.

/tangent

It's been done before at least once. There was a certain templar from the farming villages.

subdue thread
release thread pit

Quote from: Marauder Moe on September 18, 2013, 06:03:21 PM
The only Fale templar I can recall was scary as fuck.

It takes a real man to wear bright green pants and be scary.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

/tangent

Happened in various variations of it. Like for example, a templar whose duties were overseeing some village before being transferred to big bad Allanak, would be less 'stick up his ass' kind of guy. Maybe. Possibly. It's been done.

Was it Boopsie? Boopsie Fale? I wanna hear that story again.

Quote from: Ourla on September 18, 2013, 06:43:32 PM
Was it Boopsie? Boopsie Fale? I wanna hear that story again.

I don't know about the kinder and gentler part, but I think the really lazy variant sounds like a lot of fun.

/tangent

Did it. Tea and templar time. Twas awesome.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: LauraMars on September 15, 2013, 03:07:03 AM
Somewhere in the Grassy North [NESW]
The semi-buff ranger chick is standing here.
The buff assassin is standing here.
A cave filled with monsters is here.

The semi-buff ranger chick says, in sirihish:
    "We can take them!"

The buff assassin says, in sirihish:
    "This is a very bad idea but ok. Now listen carefully, I'll go in first and -"

The semi-buff ranger chick shouts, in sirihish:
    "ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS LEROY JENKINS"

The semi-buff ranger chick enters a cave filled with monsters.

THE BIG BAD MONSTER BITES YOUR HEAD DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE
THE BIG BAD MONSTER BITES YOUR NECK DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE
THE BIG BAD MONSTER BITES YOUR FOOT DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE
THE BIG BAD MONSTER BITES YOUR WAIST DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE
THE BIG BAD MONSTER BITES YOUR HEAD DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE
Welcome to Armageddon!

this happened to me too once, except a new chick i met died and i barely escaped when i was the dumby who was like "well if there's two of us... we should be able to get them"

dumby felt sad, alone, and dumb :( arma-cartharsis

Templar Heeth Fale was up there, too.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Mine was somewhat like this but only stupider if that is possible. Ummm Krath I can't talk about it it hasn't be a year yet. I'll check back in a few months when it has been a year.

Thinking that my PC can take on this monster after killing one before solo.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

That one year rule actually legit, or just an urban legend? Because I've done some dumb shit in my time. That's for sure.

It's legit.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on October 07, 2013, 10:22:15 AM
It's legit.

It's something players often tout as legit, but some things aren't okay for that, so when in doubt, ask staff.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.