"Special" People on Zalanthas

Started by Anonymous, July 27, 2003, 05:49:12 PM

I had an idea for a char but I'm not sure if it is possible so...
I decided to post anonymously in case I can do something of that sort later on.
Do mentally retarded people live to an adult age on Zalanthas?
Or are they abandoned in the desert at a young age to die?
You know, like humans with half-giant smarts...or worse even?
I'd like to hear from anyone who has any thoughts on this subject, any input from other players and/or staff would be appreciated.

I have actually seen a couple of mentally handicapped characters.  Assuredly, such a person would have a very hard life.  I imagine a lot of them would die very quickly.  That said, a pair of strong arms is a pair of strong arms.  It doesn't take a great deal of intelligence to life heavy objects or swing an axe or a pick.  So, I would say that seeing such a person live to adulthood would be far more rare in Zalanthas, but certainly not out of the question and certainly not something you couldn't try.  I suppose the most important thing to consider is exactly how that character managed to survive such a harsh world?  Did a certain caretaker keep them safe?  Perhaps they have a special talent that makes them worth keeping around.  Just consider how one might survive while not having the fullest mental functions.

All so, be prepared for a rough life.  I imagine such a person would get a lot of ridicule and scorn.  Finding a job might also be very hard.  I am not saying don't do it, just be ready for what you are going to have to deal with.

I'm picturing this character like Lenny, from Of Mice and Men.

It could work, but don't get your hopes up. I think a character like that would have a decent chance of survival in Zalanthas, if they were strong. Soldiers don't need to be smart, they just need to listen to people. You could easily become a member of the Byn (not a T'zai Byn crack) or other such clan, since the only requirement is just listening and obeying orders.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Please, please don't make a "special" character with a knack for numbers.

176... 176 toothpicks... 176.

Burn baby! Burn baby!

Yep.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Definitely.  Loincloths from Kadius.  Gotta get loincloths from Kadius.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

:lol: Haha! Lenny from Of Mice and men actually came to my mind when I started thinking about the char.

Just make sure people know that you're playing it dumb, not that you're completely new to the game. I.e. throw out emotes and whatevers more often then normal, since when you ask directions to soandso place in town people tend to think you're new and won't fully grasp your concept.

But anyway, I've had a lot of clanmates (maybe some newbies) who I'd say acted a hell of a lot like Lenny. Whether it was on purpose or not, I'll never know. :P
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I think it'd be great to find more mentally handicapped/fucked up people. Like a dwarf who has an eatting disorder. Or a elven kleptomaniac...  :)

Personality Orders... Who knows what else... It'd be great... Maybe just plain old psychos like a Hannibal Lecter type of Templar from House Fale or something... Yeah yeah. It'd be great.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Why not a Jack the Ripper from House Tor?  Now, that would be a scary guy to come across.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Defin, definit, denfini, definitely a loin cloth from Kaduis.

Let’s bring Rain Man to Tuluk!

Please, Please...
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."