What is your character's alignment?

Started by MeTekillot, June 04, 2011, 10:59:06 PM

an odd overpercentage of

Type II: Woobie Anti-Villain
It's obvious that these types of villains don't WANT to be evil; circumstances just make them out to be. They may act out of Undying Loyalty or love for someone or maybe they're simply fighting for their own survival. Others are broken cuties who have snapped and want to end their suffering by destroying everything. Usually they are suffering from their alignment. The characters garners our sympathy not because their goal is good but because we can see how the Crapsack World made them the way they are. Often suffer from a damaged psyche. Anti Villains in this category may become true villains, but their also just as likely to not become them.

and less often

Type I: Classical Anti-Hero

This was actually the original understanding of the term, a character who is a protagonist but lacks the qualities of the hero as seen by the Greeks (probably closest to the Tragic Hero). See The Arthur Dent and This Loser Is You for related concepts. Type I antiheroes are particularly common in comedy, where they might also fit the role of very mild versions of Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonists. A Type I may transform into a full hero over the course of the story if they manage to overcome their inner demons, discover their courage, find their reason to fight, etc. Whether or not this happens is heavily dependent on the story's placement in the Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism; a Type I Antihero in an even slightly idealistic story is all but guaranteed to find true heroism by the end, whereas a Type I in a more cynical setting is much less likely.

and then the rest tend to be transparent and simple.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Chaotic Salter.
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

Typically I'm lawful or neutral good.  This is the only mud I have trouble playing evil on, when on other muds that is all I play. 

Chaotic evil; I'd like to get into more Lawful evil characters, but I just never have the discipline.  :P

Lawful Evil.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

True neutral.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Oddly... I have no idea!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I am the terror that flaps in the night.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Barzalene on September 28, 2011, 07:22:05 AM
Oddly... I have no idea!

Spoken like a True Neutral.

Quote from: Nyr on September 28, 2011, 09:52:21 AM
I am the terror that flaps in the night.

Translation: Farts under the bedcovers, then flaps them. Horror ensues!

I usually play Lawful <whatever>. I love me some Lawful Evil.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Chaotic Treehugger.

Lawful Granola.

Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Pretty much all my characters are chaotic good. I'm rarely malicious for no reason but you get me going, mf, and the chains come off.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Usually Chaotic Good or Lawful Neutral.

Chaotic Evil. Probably my first truly evil character, though one other was on his way.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

I want to hurt the alignment system with a stick. That's my alignment.

I've had to endure nerduments that lasted for hours.

The topic? Darth Vader's alignment. Lawful evil, Lawful neutral or Neutral evil.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Old-school movie Vader was LN. Expanded Universe Vader was LE. New trilogy Anakin was always NE the whole time, that fucking asshole.

Quote from: Talia on September 28, 2011, 12:04:45 PM
I love me some Lawful Evil.

That's only my staff avatar's alignment. ;)
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

Semi-Unlawful Mostly-Good.

Borderline neutral. Basically - if my PC sees 10000 sids laying on the ground, they'll grab it and not bother to find out who dropped it, nor will they thank (insert city-king/spirit ancestor here) and make a donation to the cause. But if someone drops their weapon, they'll pick it up and give it back. Unless that person dropping it was attacking my PC. Then, my PC will take the weapon, wield it, and beat the attacker over the head with it. And laugh. Maniacally.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I'm pretty sure I'm Lawful neutral

Lawful Neutral is called the "Judge" or "Disciplined" alignment. A Lawful Neutral character typically believes strongly in Lawful concepts such as honor, order, rules and tradition, and often follows a personal code. A Lawful Neutral society would typically enforce strict laws to maintain social order, and place a high value on traditions and historical precedent. Examples of Lawful Neutral characters might include a soldier who always follows orders, a judge or enforcer that adheres mercilessly to the word of the law, and a disciplined monk.
Characters of this alignment are neutral with regard to good and evil. This does not mean that Lawful Neutral characters are amoral or immoral, or do not have a moral compass, but simply that their moral considerations come a distant second to what their code, tradition, or law dictates. They typically have a strong ethical code, but it is primarily guided by their system of belief, not by a commitment to good or evil.
James Bond, Odysseus, and Sanjuro from Yojimbo are considered by Complete Scoundrel as Lawful Neutral.[7] Three exemplars of Lawful Neutral outsiders exist. These are the Formians, the Inevitables and the Modrons.

with heavy petting involved.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Chaotic Neutral. Just there to stir shit up and make your character make hard choices.

Borrowed from someone who borrowed it from the Complete Bastard:

Lawful Good: Batman, Indiana Jones, Dick Tracy
Lawful Neutral: James Bond, Odysseus, Sanjuro (from Yojimbo)
Lawful Evil: Boba Fett, Magneto
Neutral Good: Spider-Man, Zorro
Neutral: Lara Croft, Han Solo (early on), Lucy Westerna (from Dracula)
Neutral Evil: Mystique, Sawyer (from Lost)
Chaotic Good: Robin Hood, Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly), Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica)
Chaotic Neutral: Captain Jack Sparrow, Al Swearengen (Deadwood), Snake Plissken
Chaotic Evil: Riddick, Carl Denham (King Kong)

[Dunno if I agree with all this, but interesting inasmuch as a three by three grid can be used to understand human behavior.]
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."