What is your character's alignment?

Started by MeTekillot, June 04, 2011, 10:59:06 PM

Quote from: Ocotillo on June 09, 2011, 01:00:38 PM
Quote from: Akaramu on June 09, 2011, 10:56:58 AM
neutral good to some, chaotic evil to others... so I guess true neutral because it sits in between?

I think that's just called 'chaotic evil.'

Wouldn't be true in this case. It's what some people would assume / believe, but the PC is far from chaotic evil. Superstition is powerful in Zalanthas.

Chaotic good

I wanted to put neutral. But it's just not true...  :'(
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

My character's alignments generally change every single time I roll up a new PC.  It's fun to switch things up.

Also, I like my PC's to have events change their alignment throughout the course of their lives, so that the character evolves or devolves however you want to view it.

Chaotic Neutral. Always.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

At the moment, it is currently:
Neutral Good
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I try all of them but then end up lawful good. It's a fucking compulsion.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on June 17, 2011, 02:52:31 PM
I try all of them but then end up lawful good. It's a fucking compulsion.

Like Darth Vader, even my evil characters have a bit of good in them too.  I can't play a pure evil, has no soul character.  It's just too depressing.

Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

In that case, I'm a type IV anti-hero.
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Tend to play Type IVs devolving into Type Vs.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Quote from: Jingo on June 17, 2011, 04:24:52 PM
The alignment system is lame.

Use this instead.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlidingScaleOfAntiHeroes

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlidingScaleofAntiVillains

I love playing the opposite of Good is Not Nice (example: Batman) but I'm not sure what that translates to. If I feel lazy and/or know that my character will probably die within a week of chargen that I'll go Good is Not Nice since I don't expect my character to evolve emotionally. Ex: rinthi characters, silt pirates, etc.

I like making
Characters who act decent and are less than such underneath without being real evil; characters who are Jerks with a Heart of Gold; and relatively decent characters who act as though they'd enjoy seeing your blood boil right through their skin onto the sand. Better if they live long enough for me to tweak them based on what they've experienced.

... Apparently I play Type II Anti-villians a LOT. Never thought of that.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

This made me realize that I often play some variety of true villain who just isn't very good at it. Totally selfish and evil but too cowardly to ever really do anything.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Let's call that Conveniently Evil.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Neutral.

Not that prissy "balance" druid shit, but the sort that is more interested in their own actions/life etc., and does things which suit themselves.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Is Friday on June 18, 2011, 11:41:08 PM
Let's call that Conveniently Evil.

Or perhaps, Sniveling Evil.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Usually? Chaotic Neutral... Do what I want! Recently? Lawful Neutral.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Past few: Lawful Good, Chaotic Evil, True Neutral, Chaotic Good, Neutral Good,

Currently: Chaotic Neutral
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Lawful neutral.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

I have progressed from Lawful Neutral to Lawful Badass.

Chaotic carefree.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: jstorrie on July 25, 2011, 05:45:16 PM
I have progressed from Lawful Neutral to Lawful Badass.

This is 200% true.

I'm still chaotic immortal.
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.