You gotta know when to hold em

Started by ianmartin, April 28, 2011, 11:47:58 AM

There comes a time when everyone needs to face the question, do i want to continue or do I NOT want to continue.

It saddens me that at this time, I am making the decision to step away from the game.
I have made some poor choices in the game as have all of you at some point, I have made good choices.
I have played good and bad characters, meaningful and meaningless roles but this last one took a lot out
of me and i don't think I can do this all over again.  The sense of accomplishment for all I did this time,
while I think it enhanced those around me, apparently I don't think it enhanced the playing world enough
as evidenced by the fact that I am stuck at the same place I was when I began playing MANY years ago.

As background information, I started playing back in the early 90's and things were swimmingly at that point,
but slowly it became less and less fun, but I stuck it out.  That's a lot of pain, sweat, tears, ignoring the kids
every now and then to play the game, but now, I have played every mundane thing invented, family roles
and raiders, killers, sneaky bastards, you name it, I've done it.  However I have come to a crossroads that
with the current system, I am NEVER going to be able to succeed at playing other roles, so the game has lost
ALL of it's appeal.  However, please keep in mind that my experiences are my experiences, and for those of you
who are able to progress so to speak, I wish you the best in your future endeavours and I hope that those of
you who are just beginning understand that there are bad, but there are good and enjoyable times ahead, but
sadly not for me.

I would like to thank the staff for all the work they have done, the coders and the system admins for everything
they have been able to do and progress the game from where it began to where it is now.  Perhaps when the new
version comes out I will stop by to play it as it will be all new and exciting, maybe Karma will be a thing of the past,
who knows, either way, a special shout out to Lizzie, Clavis and Malifaxis, especially Malifaxis for all he did to make
the game enjoyable.  Thank you also to all who played a Klestion, that was a seriously fun time for me.  It didn't
end well but by dam it was fun.

Overall, no regrets, no complaints, no bitching, no whining, just riding off into the sunset peacefully, I will stop in
to vote for the game that gave me sooo much happiness over the last 20 years or so.

And now the end is here
and so i face the final curtain
my frends, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Farewell Armageddon
Malifaxis has UBER board skills

Man that's a really long post.

You know what people like to say to these.

See you soon!

Right?
Dig?

Remember what Halaster used to say?

CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON

Or something like that, anyway.

Hope we see you again soon!
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

You'll be back

Welcome to Armageddon

Ha Ha, now you are stuck in Armageddon.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Whelp, hope you'll be back duder.

Another one bites the dust.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

You haven't picked enough cotton, friend.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on April 29, 2011, 06:24:09 PM
You haven't picked enough cotton, friend.

Heh.

Also, if you feel the need to tell everyone you're leaving, then you care enough about the game that you'll probably come back. This is doubly true for everyone that dislikes the direction the game has been going since the Big Three stepped down (Though I hear He Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken is still around sometimes).
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quit

You try to quit playing Crackageddon, but you are too excited to leave!

Quit anyway

Welcome to Crackageddon!
Please sign in

*sigh* The cycle of life...
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Isn't this technically "folding them"?
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

As someone's who's left and just come back, I'll just say that there's no other game like Armageddon. Better games, maybe. But if you've played Arm for 20 years, chances are you won't find something that fits you just as well.

Well, have fun taking a break. Anything gets boring if you do the same thing over and over. Sometimes you do have to leave to see what you're missing. Hope you do find something better, because the game's really just another bit of entertainment.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Hope to see you again, man.  You're fun to play with.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: ianmartin on April 28, 2011, 11:47:58 AM
There comes a time when everyone needs to face the question, do i want to continue or do I NOT want to continue.

It saddens me that at this time, I am making the decision to step away from the game.
I have made some poor choices in the game as have all of you at some point, I have made good choices.
I have played good and bad characters, meaningful and meaningless roles but this last one took a lot out
of me and i don't think I can do this all over again.  The sense of accomplishment for all I did this time,
while I think it enhanced those around me, apparently I don't think it enhanced the playing world enough
as evidenced by the fact that I am stuck at the same place I was when I began playing MANY years ago.

As background information, I started playing back in the early 90's and things were swimmingly at that point,
but slowly it became less and less fun, but I stuck it out.  That's a lot of pain, sweat, tears, ignoring the kids
every now and then to play the game, but now, I have played every mundane thing invented, family roles
and raiders, killers, sneaky bastards, you name it, I've done it.  However I have come to a crossroads that
with the current system, I am NEVER going to be able to succeed at playing other roles, so the game has lost
ALL of it's appeal.  However, please keep in mind that my experiences are my experiences, and for those of you
who are able to progress so to speak, I wish you the best in your future endeavours and I hope that those of
you who are just beginning understand that there are bad, but there are good and enjoyable times ahead, but
sadly not for me.

I would like to thank the staff for all the work they have done, the coders and the system admins for everything
they have been able to do and progress the game from where it began to where it is now.  Perhaps when the new
version comes out I will stop by to play it as it will be all new and exciting, maybe Karma will be a thing of the past,
who knows, either way, a special shout out to Lizzie, Clavis and Malifaxis, especially Malifaxis for all he did to make
the game enjoyable.  Thank you also to all who played a Klestion, that was a seriously fun time for me.  It didn't
end well but by dam it was fun.

Overall, no regrets, no complaints, no bitching, no whining, just riding off into the sunset peacefully, I will stop in
to vote for the game that gave me sooo much happiness over the last 20 years or so.

And now the end is here
and so i face the final curtain
my frends, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Farewell Armageddon

Man, let me tell you. Starting out at 13, sucked. I didn't have a clue to the mindset. i was playing with people aged long enough to know the ways of the real world and the one we've created as a playerbase, and I was naive and got whooped on. I stuck through it, I was frustrated, angry, depressed, morbid. It passed. I found creativity, enjoyment, thrills, excitement in the same reality here. I haven't been playing for twenty years, I've been playing for seven or eight. I'll never be an influential player. Plain and simple. But I love the game, and the creativity that lies within each one of us, the originality, the unique creativity. I took breaks, yes. but I always came back, no matter how upset I was.

I finally stopped playing for now, because I lost someone in my life I presently am not sure I can do without, but that wasn't the game, that was me making some radical choices in my own life that she will never understand. And when you lose something so entwined with yourself, you have to step back and reflect. It is so bad I could barely finish roleplaying out my last character's life. But this is the only time I've stopped playing entirely.

I suppose the point is, I hate to see another player go from losing a character. If it is a genuine, distinct desire to stop playing out of boredom, then yes, go by all means, and you will be missed. If it is frustration from an IC death, stick with it. You'll feel that creative spark again soon. If you do not come back, losing a seasoned player will sooner than later hit us all, and I wish you the best.

May 20, 2011, 08:59:14 PM #12 Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:01:25 PM by NOFUN
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º