Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 863250 times)

Cind

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #1625 on: August 21, 2011, 05:15:54 PM »
i found him too.

Its Dependence Day on Kingdom of Loathing! (warning, long, but I found it awesome)

Under the benevolent reign of King Ralph III, peace had reigned in the Kingdom for decades. The peasants prospered and became middle class, the middle class prospered and became wealthy, and the wealthy voluntarily gave all of their wealth to charity and became peasants. The cycle of wealth re-distribution was overseen by King Ralph's noble royal army, who facilitated all the exchanges and collected a modest pittance for the royal coffers. Unlike other extravagant monarchs, Ralph had only one solid-chrome swimming pool, and his vault full of meat was barely full enough for wading, let alone full-on bathing.
So all was well in the Kingdom, until a malcontent by the name of Frank Vivala began agitating for revolution. Vivala, it is widely believed, was jealous because King Ralph was more handsome than he was; in addition, Vivala may have also been suffering some sort of degenerative mental disease brought on by sexual promiscuity. In any case, Vivala claimed it was unfair for the King to collect taxes without letting the general populace have a say in how the country was governed. Apparently in addition to his other flaws, Vivala was unclear on the definition of the word "monarchy."
Despite King Ralph's repeated requests for him to knock it off and act reasonably, Vivala rounded up a rag-tag band of insurrectionists and engaged in a few acts of domestic terrorism, most notably dumping an entire shipment of herbal tea into the harbor. The peaceful, tea-loving denizens of the Kingdom were outraged, and pressured the normally peaceful and diplomatic King to put a stop to the rebellion.
On Bor the 4th in the second year of the Blender of the reign of King Ralph the III, the royal army soundly defeated Vivala's annoying and ill-mannered revolution. Vivala escaped into the mountains to live a solitary life of reflection, his band of terrorists thoroughly routed.
Thereafter, on every 4th of Bor the citizens of Loathing light fireworks and celebrate how wonderful it is to have a King who cares about them and takes care of the boring business of keeping things running smoothly. The celebration is commonly known as Dependence Day. With King Ralph XI imprismed, it's more important than ever to make merry on Bor the 4th, unless you're some kind of treacherous Vivala sympathizer.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Biscuits

• Portfolio
« Reply #1626 on: August 21, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
Noodles and Scrambles (my cats) are officially flea-free, as well as neutered and all that good stuff.  FINALLY. 

Anaiah

• Legend
« Reply #1627 on: August 21, 2011, 05:45:29 PM »
45 minute cardio bellydance workout. The hips feel like they're burning like a bitch, the upper arms hurt like hell, but so freaking worth the $15 for the video.

NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #1628 on: August 21, 2011, 06:09:07 PM »
Bah, I'm convinced he isn't in there. :P

Look harder.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

boog

« Reply #1629 on: August 21, 2011, 09:29:01 PM »
The baby shower my coworkers threw for me was very, very nice. I didn't expect so many people to show up, nor did I expect to get so many freaking presents! It embarrasses me, but I mean. It was really, really nice.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Biscuits

• Portfolio
« Reply #1630 on: August 21, 2011, 09:41:39 PM »
The baby shower my coworkers threw for me was very, very nice. I didn't expect so many people to show up, nor did I expect to get so many freaking presents! It embarrasses me, but I mean. It was really, really nice.

I felt that way at my bridal shower.  I really didn't know what to do with them all!  Those kind of things make me so nervous, haha. 

I made dinner for the third time this week and it didn't suck.  On a roll!

boog

« Reply #1631 on: August 21, 2011, 09:43:39 PM »

I felt that way at my bridal shower.  I really didn't know what to do with them all!  Those kind of things make me so nervous, haha. 

I made dinner for the third time this week and it didn't suck.  On a roll!

Dude, I know! I was like, "Thank you, thank you, thank you," and felt like I wasn't expressing my gratitude enough because all these people bought all these things for me ...

And that also reminds me that I need to cook up them pork chops in my fridge. :x
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #1632 on: August 21, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »
But nobody likes pork chops, Boog.
My thoughts.

A sex and torture survey upon character creation

WarriorPoet

« Reply #1633 on: August 21, 2011, 10:05:41 PM »

This is a heinous lie.

Swine. Yum.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

boog

« Reply #1634 on: August 21, 2011, 10:08:55 PM »

Uhh. Breaded pork chops and apple sauce is one of my favorite meals ever. You be trippin', boo.
There is only one boog.

Biscuits

• Portfolio
« Reply #1635 on: August 21, 2011, 11:24:03 PM »
LAURAMARS MADE ME HAPPY TODAY

Jherlen

« Reply #1636 on: August 22, 2011, 12:54:18 AM »
I was finally convinced to start watching Dr. Who (starting the Christopher Eccleston/2005 series.) So far I am enjoying it thoroughly.
subdue thread
release thread pit

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #1637 on: August 22, 2011, 04:26:41 AM »

Grilled chops are the best man.

lordcooper

« Reply #1638 on: August 22, 2011, 04:58:46 AM »
Speaking as a militant veggie, pork chops are awesome.  You guys can cook as many of those things as you like.

Bacon, I thought we were on about bacon.  Pork does not smell nice.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:47:08 AM by lordcooper »
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Jengal

« Reply #1639 on: August 22, 2011, 05:51:35 AM »
I got into my course!  :)

Barzalene

« Reply #1640 on: August 22, 2011, 06:45:25 AM »
I like them stuffed. Apple corn bread stuffing.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #1641 on: August 22, 2011, 08:33:03 AM »
LAURAMARS MADE ME HAPPY TODAY

D'awww. <3

You the best. I'm happy too!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

lordcooper

« Reply #1642 on: August 22, 2011, 10:00:11 AM »
Quote from: Dwarf Fortress Devlog
I tried the butcher command in the arena, and the necromancer managed to raise both a skeleton and a walking hollow skin... which I suppose I'll keep since it makes about as much sense as a walking skeleton. So... keep the necromancer away from your raw skin stockpiles, he he he.

This is horrific and beautiful.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Desertman

« Reply #1643 on: August 22, 2011, 10:06:27 AM »
Some days you just wake up and feel like working. I can't explain it, but some days you just do. Today is one of those days.

The fact that I feel like working made me happy today.
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.

Biscuits

• Portfolio
« Reply #1644 on: August 22, 2011, 02:52:09 PM »
Finally finished the Codex turnaround and sent it off for the first round of crits.  Thank god.  That thing was EATING every ounce of creativity I had.  Four angles of Felicia Day may SOUND fun.. but.. well okay it was kind of fun.

Now on to the next set of posters and shirts. 

boog

« Reply #1645 on: August 22, 2011, 03:17:33 PM »
PURE PWNAGE

This is SFW. And hilarious. Don't read it if you like Chris Brown and/or spouse abusers.
There is only one boog.

Jengal

« Reply #1646 on: August 22, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »
PURE PWNAGE

This is SFW. And hilarious. Don't read it if you like Chris Brown and/or spouse abusers.

I never understood why people found Justin Bieber completely intolerable, yet found Chris Brown to be a fine young man.

Synthesis

« Reply #1647 on: August 22, 2011, 05:19:23 PM »
Checking Google Maps for directions at a stoplight...my phone detects the network "Pretty Fly for a WiFi."

I lol'ed.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Kismetic

« Reply #1648 on: August 22, 2011, 05:25:45 PM »
Lol!
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Kol

« Reply #1649 on: August 22, 2011, 08:33:21 PM »
Checking Google Maps for directions at a stoplight...my phone detects the network "Pretty Fly for a WiFi."

I lol'ed.

That's pretty funny.

Four chicken breast-steaks, four snauzages, and chips (I'm English, I shall call my fries chips dammit) on one plate. Plus, my Cat who just ran up the wall to the ceiling after a moth.... Getting home from work.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."