Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 874602 times)

boog

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #1025 on: July 16, 2011, 10:24:54 PM »
Kale looks pretty.  Can you eat it?

Yes, darling. They're all delicious and vegetables. ;) Kale is the highest vegetable source of Vitamin K.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Chettaman

• Helper
    • Facebook!
« Reply #1026 on: July 16, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »
Keg stand
Live like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #1027 on: July 16, 2011, 10:50:40 PM »
i'm a really big fan of spinach.

when I was little I used to hate spinach because I didn't want to get big arms like popeye.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Biscuits

• Portfolio
« Reply #1028 on: July 16, 2011, 10:53:12 PM »
Love!

/sap

Oh, and I fucking love spinach.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:01:44 PM by Biscuits »

boog

« Reply #1029 on: July 16, 2011, 11:00:52 PM »
I can't eat spinach because when I was younger, this mean old babysitter I had cooked it, and told me to use some salt. She had a BIG, diner-sized container, you know the ones they put sugar in? yeah -- that, full of salt. So, I go to pour a little on my spinach, I was maybe 5?, and the cap was unscrewed. It all dumped over it.

She made me eat every single last bite.

I can eat raw spinach, but anything mushy, warm, or otherwise? No. No, a thousand times, no.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Bebop

« Reply #1030 on: July 17, 2011, 02:29:22 AM »
People are nice to me.  ;D

boog

« Reply #1031 on: July 17, 2011, 12:16:18 PM »
Frozen blueberrieeees.
There is only one boog.

Kismetic

« Reply #1032 on: July 17, 2011, 12:45:17 PM »
Frozen blueberrieeees.

Boog, you are the countriest Yankee-girl, I swear.
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #1033 on: July 17, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »
So I totally had one've the trippiest chain of dreams, last night.

The first starts off with me wandering around this massive shopping store because I've apparently lost my credit card and someone's been maxing that thing out - and it was here that they were using it. Just a bunch of stuff has gone missing around the store and, for some peculiar reason, I'm trying to find and locate all of the stolen/ill-purchased items. It's almost like a mystery game as I'm wandering around, talking and questioning random employees and customers as of to if they've seen anything suspicious involving stolen goods.

Then I'm caught in a battle of past and present with this demoness succubus who, despite the succubus name, doesn't look very pretty. Basically an ancient demon carcass or something. Dried, leathery flesh - missing eyes (just dark sockets) and a gaping mouth with jagged teeth and claw-like bony fingers. Well, I'm fighting her and - at the same time - she's forcing me to experience this hellish past aboard this titanic-like ship where there's nothing but 40's-60's style gunfights going on all over the ship. As I'm proceeding along, I'm stumbling into "living" dead people - Just bystanders who were shot to death but never actually died. It was all pretty violent. All I had to do was just continue wandering around this ship, I guess, but I would 'transition' back to the present - Fighting with the demoness.

Well, it got down in the fight with her where it was almost a battle of Will's and I, apparently, lost. She had spider-like claw legs that she used to subdue me, then she began just mauling the flesh from my body - And I sat there and watched in 3rd person as she stripped flesh and muscle from my body until I was literally a skeleton - But I was still "alive". She drops me to the ground and uses a staff to crush my skeletal neck, which leaves on my head - Which is still alive.

She tosses my skull casually onto the ground - Which then instantly forms into a child of about 5-6 years old wearing these elaborate robes.. In a surprisingly seductive voice, she tells me, "I'm going to enjoy raping and murdering you." Then, as she's bowing over me as if to start eating me again, I suddenly notice that the kid (I'm still watching from 3rd person) has a katana concealed within his robes. Faster than I can see, the kid whips out the katana and, in one smooth motion, slices open the demoness' throat. She wasn't close enough for it to connect, full on, but just the tip of the blade apparently cut open her throat and she stumbled back in a fountain of blood. Then, for some reason, she turned into a child, as well - except she lacked any of the fanciful, elaborate clothing. Then the robed child said to the crying demoness child, "I'm going to enjoy raping and murdering you." Then that portion of the dream abruptly ended.

Then I found myself stepping outside of the house I currently live in, walking out the front door, and across the street to my neighbors' house. I was apparently watching his dogs for him while he was out of town. All I basically had to do was feed the dogs and make sure they had water. Well, the dream skips ahead and I'm approaching the neighbor's door and I hear sounds inside, like a small group of people are watching movies or something, inside. I knock on the door and, to my surprise, some black guy in his early 20's answers the door. I'm like, "So where's the owner?"because, for some reason, I know that these black guys are -not- the owners of the dogs and house, but then the owner comes out - This middle-aged native american. Long, braided black hair and a fat face. He's a bit chubby - leaning towards fat.

So I'm obviously relieved to see this guy and I ask him if everything's alright - If he still needs me to watch out for his dogs - and he says that I've been doing him a great favor by watching over his dogs, he said "lessening my stress" or something to that affect. Then, in appreciation of my efforts, he offers for me to do a line of cocaine from this massive picture he owns made completely of cocaine. So I do a line. Kind've. More like a pick some up in my fingers and snort it.

As I'm leaving, one of the black guys asks if I've got any games and I tell them I have an Xbox360 and some games. We head back to my place, grab the console and, specifically, Left 4 Dead 2.

The dream ends as I'm heading back across the street.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Cind

« Reply #1034 on: July 17, 2011, 04:26:21 PM »
i found your dream damn funny.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #1035 on: July 17, 2011, 06:57:48 PM »
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

boog

« Reply #1036 on: July 17, 2011, 08:37:16 PM »

There's a little island like this one, though hardly as big, where I used to live, in the middle of the lake, in New York. And now I am sad, because I swear, when the end of the world comes, it'll be like ... In Z for Zachariah, one of the only places untouched by whatever plagues humanity to dwindling numbers.
There is only one boog.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #1037 on: July 17, 2011, 08:39:47 PM »
Wow I want a high-res picture of that for my background.

Barzalene

« Reply #1038 on: July 17, 2011, 08:40:50 PM »
That is gorgeous.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Symphony

« Reply #1039 on: July 17, 2011, 08:43:43 PM »
Received this text message from my brother today..

They're on a train heading home and are only a couple hours away when I receive...

"Caught this fat 10 year old kid looking twice at my cheeseburger."

- Symph

(Parents that allow their children to enter obesity should be charged with something awful.)

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #1040 on: July 17, 2011, 08:54:09 PM »
Received this text message from my brother today..

They're on a train heading home and are only a couple hours away when I receive...

"Caught this fat 10 year old kid looking twice at my cheeseburger."

- Symph

(Parents that allow their children to enter obesity should be charged with something awful.)
First off - Lmfao @ the text message.

Secondly, I remember hearing something recently on the news - a question posed by a study, I suppose - about whether or not children who're obese are at risk at being taken away from their family.

Edited to add:
Did some searching and pulled up a report from CNN.

"Should parents lose custody of obese children?"

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #1041 on: July 17, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »
What? Fuck no. All children should be fat little puffs of marshmellow.

boog

« Reply #1042 on: July 17, 2011, 08:59:05 PM »
But not 'puffs' of bread pudding mixed with peanut butter with rolls that would send a pastry shop into a jealous rage.
There is only one boog.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #1043 on: July 17, 2011, 09:00:10 PM »
I like how this went from fat children to describing... Pastry dishes.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

lordcooper

« Reply #1044 on: July 17, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »
Fat kids are harder to kidnap.  Parents ought to force feed their little one for their own safety.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Synthesis

« Reply #1045 on: July 17, 2011, 09:02:10 PM »
Yeah, we should totally ignore all the social context of obesity and just blame parents.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

lordcooper

« Reply #1046 on: July 17, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »
Yeah, we should totally ignore all the social context of obesity and just blame parents.

C'mon dude, up until a kid is at least 13-14 their parents will be the ones choosing pretty much everything they eat.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

boog

« Reply #1047 on: July 17, 2011, 09:05:21 PM »

C'mon dude, up until a kid is at least 13-14 their parents will be the ones choosing pretty much everything they eat.

Schools in America can be partially to blame, too. When you offer pizza every day of the school year and hardly any vegetables as sides? Bleh.
There is only one boog.

Synthesis

« Reply #1048 on: July 17, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »

Yes, the parents who are working double shifts because their company has been downsizing, and are little more than semi-functional zombies by the time they get "home," which really is little more than a place to sleep for 5 hours before they wake up and do it again.  Let the man who can regularly plan and cook a nutritious and balanced meal for his family under these circumstances cast the first stone.

Or maybe the parents who are functionally-illiterate high-school dropouts, who don't know RDA from RZA, and buy the cheapest shit they can find with the scant charity the state provides for them.  And while we're at it, let's force their kids to go outside and play and exercise in the hood, where somewhere between 50 and 75% of the males passing by will have criminal records.

Or maybe the parents who are just eating the way their parents ate before them, and the way their parents ate before them (it's called "culture"), but whose social environment (particularly working conditions) have changed from physical to sedentary, and the culture simply hasn't caught up with this rapid shift in conditions.

I mean, all that is just hippie bullshit, right?  Clearly parents with fat kids are just morons deserving of scorn.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

boog

« Reply #1049 on: July 17, 2011, 09:24:32 PM »

Yes, the parents who are working double shifts because their company has been downsizing, and are little more than semi-functional zombies by the time they get "home," which really is little more than a place to sleep for 5 hours before they wake up and do it again.  Let the man who can regularly plan and cook a nutritious and balanced meal for his family under these circumstances cast the first stone.

Or maybe the parents who are functionally-illiterate high-school dropouts, who don't know RDA from RZA, and buy the cheapest shit they can find with the scant charity the state provides for them.  And while we're at it, let's force their kids to go outside and play and exercise in the hood, where somewhere between 50 and 75% of the males passing by will have criminal records.

Or maybe the parents who are just eating the way their parents ate before them, and the way their parents ate before them (it's called "culture"), but whose social environment (particularly working conditions) have changed from physical to sedentary, and the culture simply hasn't caught up with this rapid shift in conditions.

I mean, all that is just hippie bullshit, right?  Clearly parents with fat kids are just morons deserving of scorn.

Now I'm waiting for a political argument about entitlement spending to arise out of your return argument. And I don't want it to ruin the happy thread. :(

Also, I'm happy because I got the RDA/RZA joke. Aheh.
There is only one boog.