Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 851989 times)

lordcooper

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #875 on: July 05, 2011, 04:28:24 AM »
Manipura speaks the truth.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Rairen

« Reply #876 on: July 05, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
That's odd.  You'd think surgeons would be the surgeons of the military.

You might have to work in a hospital to get the joke.  As much as I gripe about my arch nemeses - orthopaedic surgeons - it pales compared to how my non-pilot air force commissioned brothers talk about pilots.  Unscientific but quantifiable evidence.

QFT, however, to whomever pointed out that all airmen pretend to be pilots.  I'm doubting it in this case because to be true it means that either he was savvy enough to pick a non-glamorous plane to trick me, at which point the least I can do is applaud the deception by being deceived, or this particular group of guys had an abnormaly high jerk:nice ratio.

Sticking with the happy thoughts thread, though, I spent the weekend with four close girlfriends rocking out the holiday in Maryland and I'm so grateful not only to have them but to have them nearby, which was not true this time a year ago when I still lived in that strange place called Wisconsin.  There were no rooftop dance parties, pilots-or-sneaky-non-pilots-pretending-to-be-pilots, and greasy hangover breakfasts with David, your waiter (www.davidyourwaiter.com), back then.
Quote from: saquartey
Rairen, what would we do without you?

Sephiroto

« Reply #877 on: July 05, 2011, 03:06:01 PM »
QFT, however, to whomever pointed out that all airmen pretend to be pilots.  I'm doubting it in this case because to be true it means that either he was savvy enough to pick a non-glamorous plane to trick me, at which point the least I can do is applaud the deception by being deceived, or this particular group of guys had an abnormaly high jerk:nice ratio.

I think Synth and I were picking on you about it because we both have experience with military fellas.  I know I was, but it wasn't intended to be taken personally.  There are a lot of guys in the military tend to exaggerate or outright lie to women they meet casually.  There are guys everywhere to do this, but it's easy to use the mystique and image of the military to the advantage of getting laid/drinks/free stuff.

The guy in question probably is a pilot, and being honest by saying his plane lame, if it is true, is a good thing.  Honesty and modesty are desirable traits.

Good luck dating. :)

Rairen

« Reply #878 on: July 05, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »

I think Synth and I were picking on you about it because we both have experience with military fellas.  I know I was, but it wasn't intended to be taken personally.  There are a lot of guys in the military tend to exaggerate or outright lie to women they meet casually.  There are guys everywhere to do this, but it's easy to use the mystique and image of the military to the advantage of getting laid/drinks/free stuff.

The guy in question probably is a pilot, and being honest by saying his plane lame, if it is true, is a good thing.  Honesty and modesty are desirable traits.

Good luck dating. :)

Oh, God, yes.  I know.  I'm sorry. I hate the internets.   >:(  Wasn't offended or taking it in any intention other than what was meant - which is that men are dogs.  (I've got that one down.  ;))  I just happen to think I may have stumbled across a real set of them in this case and that's a HUGE deal for the aforementioned lack of cool things that happened in Wisconsin.

Sephiroto

« Reply #879 on: July 05, 2011, 03:34:25 PM »
Good deal.  I wanted to make sure you didn't take it the wrong way, since I have a reputation for being an apathetic, capitalist jerk on the GDB.  I'm actually a decent fella when I have my emotions figured out.

Synthesis

« Reply #880 on: July 05, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »
No, my point was that there are surgeons in the military, and that therefore they literally are the surgeons of the military.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

lordcooper

« Reply #881 on: July 05, 2011, 06:09:52 PM »
I just talked a fourteen year old lad into waiting a few years before trying hallucinogens.  He said I'd make a great parent ;D
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #882 on: July 05, 2011, 06:25:15 PM »
like button
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Symphony

« Reply #883 on: July 05, 2011, 07:06:08 PM »
Plenty of Don Julio(tequila) in my apartment.  :-[

- Symph

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

Barzalene

« Reply #884 on: July 05, 2011, 07:37:14 PM »
Good deal.  I wanted to make sure you didn't take it the wrong way, since I have a reputation for being an apathetic, capitalist jerk on the GDB.  I'm actually a decent fella when I have my emotions figured out.
I read emotions in the above sentence as emoticons. And then when I realized I was wrong it made me giggle. No clue why. But it made me happy today to giggle for almost no reason at all.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Zoltan

« Reply #885 on: July 05, 2011, 08:41:21 PM »
A co-worker of mine took my closing shift tonight... AND THEN REVEALED THAT HE HAD BOUGHT A DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ALL OF US. It was a 5th of July miracle!
Trunk
 hidden by 'body/torso'
 hides nipples

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #886 on: July 05, 2011, 09:56:28 PM »

boog

« Reply #887 on: July 05, 2011, 10:29:15 PM »
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Symphony

« Reply #888 on: July 05, 2011, 10:30:13 PM »

Smiled for the first time today witht that! Hilarious!

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #889 on: July 05, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »
Boog... that was just awesome.  ;D

MeTekillot

« Reply #890 on: July 06, 2011, 02:33:38 AM »
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #891 on: July 06, 2011, 03:13:19 AM »
I have a day off tomorrow.  It is the first day off I have had in 7 days.

I am going to OWN THE SHIT OUT OF THIS DAY.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

rishenko

« Reply #892 on: July 06, 2011, 06:23:45 AM »

(watches as Laura consumes Cheetohs and plays Mass Effect 1 & 2 all day long)

Rairen

« Reply #893 on: July 06, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »

(watches as Laura consumes Cheetohs and plays Mass Effect 1 & 2 all day long)

BEST DAY EVER.  (Until her computer breaks.)

brytta.leofa

« Reply #894 on: July 06, 2011, 11:21:53 AM »

I am going to OWN THE SNUFF OUT OF THIS DAY.

Minecraft.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #895 on: July 06, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »
Swooning over Petyr Baelish with someone who understands.  8)

Recharge

Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

Symphony

« Reply #897 on: July 06, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »
One of the tenants my company rents office space to had me locked in conversation and was subtly hinting that she'd like to go out sometime. Little bit older than I am, at least mid-thirties, and rather good looking in my opinion. Undecided how I want to handle this puzzle.

- Symph

[Edited to Add] What did I finally decide on? I went and got that phone number!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:41:01 PM by Symphony »

solera

« Reply #898 on: July 06, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »
Rained off!  :D

Marauder Moe

« Reply #899 on: July 06, 2011, 03:42:30 PM »
Within the last 2 weeks, I've had 5 people remark that I've visibly lost weight.