Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 825569 times)

a strange shadow

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #550 on: June 02, 2011, 06:56:50 PM »
Finding Rome: Total War gold edition, plus four movies (sin city, fargo, american beauty, and lost in translation) at goodwill, and paying $16 for the entire haul. (No, I don't pirate. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.) Time to go slaughter some barbarians, dudes!

Malifaxis

• Thoughts of the Sixth Age
« Reply #551 on: June 02, 2011, 07:00:39 PM »
I even admitted to her that I'd been testing her to find faults(thank you Armageddon elven persona!!!) and couldn't find one thing that I do not like.

For some reason, this kind've strikes me as something that probably would've best not mentioned...

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see it - women don't typically like being 'tested for faults' - Even if she came up "perfect" for you. Could possibly make her more self-conscious around you, for awhile following.

But you know her better than any of us so I'm sure you're doing what's best for the situation.

No need to correct you GB- to each his own. I have always been very blunt, honest and open. Typically it's worked out for the best, but believe me, I hear exactly what you're saying. Some women do not like to be "tested" knowingly, and it's very true it could make her more self-conscious, but that I find as a fault. I do not want you covering up because you're ashamed of what you look like, or this or that. That's a deal-breaker for me. I want to know you're comfortable with exactly who you are and aren't going to change your core values and beliefs based on popular opinion. "To thy own self be true."

- Symph

I beg your pardon, Symph, but GB knows a LOT about women.

You'd best reco'nize.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Stop being shitty to each other.

Majikal

• Helper
« Reply #552 on: June 02, 2011, 08:02:40 PM »
I work with this guy who thinks he is the shit, he mouths off to everyone and talks back to his management and more experienced co-workers, he told me on his first day of work that his goal is to offend everyone. He tries to be chummy with me and I don't know why. Everyone hates his entire existence. He's a VOLUNTEER firefighter and acts as though he's halting forest fires single-handedly every weekend. I hate the guy, he's the cliche' jock type. He's twenty-five and comes off to me as a seventeen year old with a mans body. (the guys in good shape)

Now, my boss, he's pretty fucking quirky and big and goofy. Long red hair, freckles, looks like a big goofy gamer to me and is in  his mid thirties, the reason I'm so chummy with my boss is because I knew him when I was younger and he was my tae kwon do instructor. At that time he was a 4th degree blackbelt, since then he's gone on to master more than two other martial arts and runs his own school. He's a badass but very much doesn't look or act the part, which is what's glorious.

What made today great was the idiot volunteer firefighter started shit with my boss, after three warnings of 'don't touch me' the firefighter pokes my boss in the shoulder with two fingers. What ensued was a face to dishwasher, then face to refrigerator, then a face to the floor. My boss used one hand and two fingers of the other hand. As my  boss put the idiots face into various shit, he talked the guy through it which was the most humorous part. "here's the washer" "now the fridge" "Now lay down cause you touched me and I warned you". I <3 my job.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Symphony

« Reply #553 on: June 02, 2011, 08:19:44 PM »
I work with this guy who thinks he is the shit, he mouths off to everyone and talks back to his management and more experienced co-workers, he told me on his first day of work that his goal is to offend everyone. He tries to be chummy with me and I don't know why. Everyone hates his entire existence. He's a VOLUNTEER firefighter and acts as though he's halting forest fires single-handedly every weekend. I hate the guy, he's the cliche' jock type. He's twenty-five and comes off to me as a seventeen year old with a mans body. (the guys in good shape)

Now, my boss, he's pretty fucking quirky and big and goofy. Long red hair, freckles, looks like a big goofy gamer to me and is in  his mid thirties, the reason I'm so chummy with my boss is because I knew him when I was younger and he was my tae kwon do instructor. At that time he was a 4th degree blackbelt, since then he's gone on to master more than two other martial arts and runs his own school. He's a badass but very much doesn't look or act the part, which is what's glorious.

What made today great was the idiot volunteer firefighter started shit with my boss, after three warnings of 'don't touch me' the firefighter pokes my boss in the shoulder with two fingers. What ensued was a face to dishwasher, then face to refrigerator, then a face to the floor. My boss used one hand and two fingers of the other hand. As my  boss put the idiots face into various shit, he talked the guy through it which was the most humorous part. "here's the washer" "now the fridge" "Now lay down cause you touched me and I warned you". I <3 my job.

Priceless! Great story man! Gave me a good laugh after a stressful day.

- Symph

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

boog

« Reply #554 on: June 02, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »
Pff, if somebody said they were testing me for faults, I'd simply inform them I don't have any.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Symphony

« Reply #555 on: June 02, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »
Pff, if somebody said they were testing me for faults, I'd simply inform them I don't have any.

Can I be your manboog? Hubba, hubba.  ;D Totally serious, by the way. I'll give her up, I swear!

- Symph

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

rishenko

« Reply #556 on: June 02, 2011, 10:28:31 PM »

Can I be your manboog? Hubba, hubba.  ;D Totally serious, by the way. I'll give her up, I swear!

- Symph

I think he's trying to tell you he loves you, boog.

amish overlord

« Reply #557 on: June 03, 2011, 12:20:05 AM »
I got a special gift today cause it's my birthday! This poster expresses how I feel about my gift.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/73754501/when-life-gives-you-lemons-11x17-poster

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

mansa

« Reply #558 on: June 03, 2011, 12:27:57 AM »
I unbricked a password-locked iPhone 3GS, jailbroke it, and then carrier unlocked it tonight.

It seemed a pretty simple process with the programs you can download to do it.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Mooney

« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2011, 02:17:07 PM »
Graduated!  ;D

Dakota

« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2011, 02:23:53 PM »
Czar of City Elves.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #561 on: June 04, 2011, 12:47:44 AM »
My cousin truly an amazing woman :P

Posted this little on Facebook.

I enjoyed it.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

boog

« Reply #562 on: June 04, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »
Omelet for breakfasssst.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Seeker

« Reply #563 on: June 04, 2011, 12:33:49 PM »
Graduated!  ;D

gratz
Also gratz.  Those things don't just happen by themselves.  Good on you.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Synthesis

« Reply #564 on: June 04, 2011, 01:31:14 PM »
Graduated!  ;D

gratz

Unless you're GW

BOOM! *fist-pump*
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Barzalene

« Reply #565 on: June 04, 2011, 01:47:56 PM »
Congratulations!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Yam

« Reply #566 on: June 04, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
Graduated!  ;D

gratz

Unless you're GW

BOOM! *fist-pump*

Bush jokes?

It's 2011.

lordcooper

« Reply #567 on: June 04, 2011, 04:46:23 PM »
He's still a monkey, no matter what year it is.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

boog

« Reply #568 on: June 04, 2011, 05:12:10 PM »
There is only one boog.

Synthesis

« Reply #569 on: June 04, 2011, 05:39:58 PM »
Graduated!  ;D

gratz

Unless you're GW

BOOM! *fist-pump*

Bush jokes?

It's 2011.

[thatsthejoke.jpg]
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Yam

« Reply #570 on: June 04, 2011, 06:44:16 PM »
Cop out.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #571 on: June 04, 2011, 06:58:08 PM »
Cop a feel.

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #572 on: June 04, 2011, 07:03:19 PM »

Got my case and power supply.  This is everything I have so far assembled.  Just need a monitor and a graphics card, now, and I will be ROCKING THE HOUSE DOWN*

*or maybe burning the house down, depending on how bad I fuck it up when I put it together, haha.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

boog

« Reply #573 on: June 04, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
NSFW -- "AND MY AXE." -- NSFW

Man. I need to get this shit out of my system before the kid comes.
There is only one boog.

lordcooper

« Reply #574 on: June 04, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »
NSFW -- "AND MY AXE." -- NSFW

Man. I need to get this shit out of my system before the kid comes.

You're totally gonna give birth to Gimli for that.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.