Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 840330 times)

Gunnerblaster

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #525 on: June 01, 2011, 02:07:46 AM »
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #526 on: June 01, 2011, 02:08:18 AM »
Mine was better.   >:(
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #527 on: June 01, 2011, 02:09:44 AM »
Mine was better.   >:(
It was.

But it also reminded me of the one I posted, which I've had saved to my computer for... Years.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Symphony

« Reply #528 on: June 01, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »
I can't stop laughing at symphony's post in the idle complaints thread. It's so expressive haha.

I was completely enraged and yelling at myself in my apartment wasn't going to do. On a positive note in accordance with this thread, I will say that I managed to smooth things over with the girly. She found it rather comical after an explanation was provided. I'm seriously doubting the prick that made the mistake in the first place saw it as funny, nor do I believe he'll make that mistake again anytime soon. I have never had a problem detailing someone's incompetence when gross negligence is the case, but I honestly felt bad after I cooled down because vicious is the most accurate description of how bad I laid into that fellow.

- Symph

[Edited to Add] Anyone who knows me knows one thing; I do not handle embarrassment well. Never have. It's the one thing in life that will push me right over the edge. Until yesterday, I had never been so embarrassed and made to look as much of an idiot in all my life.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:39:32 AM by Symphony »

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

Kismetic

« Reply #529 on: June 01, 2011, 02:51:21 PM »
I don't know why you were so mad, though;  if you'd never said the 'L' word to her, and she overreacted, like, "Oh my god, you _LOVE_ me!?" and starts bouncing off the walls ...

You could always just say, "Oh, crap, that was for my other girlfriend."
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Symphony

« Reply #530 on: June 01, 2011, 03:19:25 PM »
I don't know why you were so mad, though;  if you'd never said the 'L' word to her, and she overreacted, like, "Oh my god, you _LOVE_ me!?" and starts bouncing off the walls ...

You could always just say, "Oh, crap, that was for my other girlfriend."

This is still in the stage where first impressions matter. It's that simple. Had I not been called by my brother (who works with her mother and heard the very negative comment she made when she read it) and been able to strip that note off, I would've expected her to have read it and backpedaled three hundred feet. I would have, that's my basis. If some girl told me she loved me after a WEEK, good-bye. That's insanity. I do care for this one very much and that type of mistake threatened everything. Yes, I'll admit I overreacted and probably could've played it off jokingly as you suggest, but that wasn't my plan. This experience wasn't to be a - haha - comical matter. I was aiming for something a little deeper and it was ruined. Not intentionally and I'll hold no grudges against the fellow as we all make mistakes. The situation was salvaged, but the fact remains the plan and the experience I was aiming to produce was ruined. It will make a good joke later on, I'm sure.

You don't have to agree or understand, that doesn't bother me.  :-*

- Symph

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

boog

« Reply #531 on: June 01, 2011, 03:31:30 PM »
Well, shit, who the hell messes up, "Because it was Tuesday" with "Because I love you"?!

Shit, if I were a girl and that was sent to me ... lol. I'd just laugh and throw the flowers out. Love. Harr.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Kismetic

« Reply #532 on: June 01, 2011, 03:41:55 PM »
Symph, I should've added a little smiley or something to indicate that I'm totally joking.  I do understand.  You want the moment to be right, which is definitely ...  not on a bouqet of flowers, heh.
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

EldritchOrigins

« Reply #533 on: June 01, 2011, 03:56:51 PM »
Symph,

Sounds like some story an elderly couple might tell.

Maybe she'd dig it.

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #534 on: June 01, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
Shit, if I were a girl

I don't know what to say.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #535 on: June 01, 2011, 06:55:19 PM »
Oh and symphony, I wasn't laughing at you, just at how expressive the Post was. It's like seeing some guy throw a chair through a window. His situation might be awful but shit, you don't see that every day.

Edit: FUCKING AUTO CORRECT ON THIS PHONE
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:57:40 PM by LauraMars »
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

MeTekillot

« Reply #536 on: June 01, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »
I am absolutely in love with the soundtrack of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, along with the movie itself, after deciding to watch it.
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

a strange shadow

« Reply #537 on: June 01, 2011, 07:14:11 PM »
The only part I don't like about the movie is that part at the end where he goes "Oh hey, by the way, I <did bad thing>!" and she's just like "Oh!" and suddenly it's all okay.

He <did bad thing> after all, he needed to own up to it better than that.

Things that make me happy: air conditioning.

MeTekillot

« Reply #538 on: June 01, 2011, 07:14:54 PM »
Michael Cera gets to make out with some hot chick in every single movie he's in. Is that in his contract or something?
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

Symphony

« Reply #539 on: June 01, 2011, 07:46:08 PM »
Oh and symphony, I wasn't laughing at you, just at how expressive the Post was. It's like seeing some guy throw a chair through a window. His situation might be awful but shit, you don't see that every day.

Edit: FUCKING AUTO CORRECT ON THIS PHONE

No worries! I completely understood what you were meaning with your post.  :D

- Symph

MeTekillot

« Reply #540 on: June 01, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »
no like really I love this movie more than I should.

NOFUN

« Reply #541 on: June 01, 2011, 09:07:35 PM »
Looking at pictures of peoples feet in the shoes thread. :3
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!: KEEP THE KAWAII GOING LETS GO KAWAII !

Gunnerblaster

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Symphony

« Reply #543 on: June 02, 2011, 02:16:42 AM »
Flowers make the panties come off...  :o

Oh, that's right... she wasn't wearing any!!!   8)

What a great night!!!!!

- Symph

[Edited to Add] Shadow, you can keep sending the Internet high-fives because I was completely ill-prepared and not expecting this so the deed hasn't been... fully... completed. She spoke the words though; girlfriend. Absolute success. The rest is cake-walk. I even admitted to her that I'd been testing her to find faults(thank you Armageddon elven persona!!!) and couldn't find one thing that I do not like. She will be the first one I have ever introduced to my parents- let's put it that way.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:28:13 AM by Symphony »

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #544 on: June 02, 2011, 02:24:24 AM »
Fuckin' huzzah, Symph.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

BleakOne

« Reply #545 on: June 02, 2011, 05:26:23 AM »
I second the huzzahs to Symph.
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #546 on: June 02, 2011, 05:33:53 AM »
I even admitted to her that I'd been testing her to find faults(thank you Armageddon elven persona!!!) and couldn't find one thing that I do not like.

For some reason, this kind've strikes me as something that probably would've best not mentioned...

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see it - women don't typically like being 'tested for faults' - Even if she came up "perfect" for you. Could possibly make her more self-conscious around you, for awhile following.

But you know her better than any of us so I'm sure you're doing what's best for the situation.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Symphony

« Reply #547 on: June 02, 2011, 08:35:39 AM »
I even admitted to her that I'd been testing her to find faults(thank you Armageddon elven persona!!!) and couldn't find one thing that I do not like.

For some reason, this kind've strikes me as something that probably would've best not mentioned...

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see it - women don't typically like being 'tested for faults' - Even if she came up "perfect" for you. Could possibly make her more self-conscious around you, for awhile following.

But you know her better than any of us so I'm sure you're doing what's best for the situation.

No need to correct you GB- to each his own. I have always been very blunt, honest and open. Typically it's worked out for the best, but believe me, I hear exactly what you're saying. Some women do not like to be "tested" knowingly, and it's very true it could make her more self-conscious, but that I find as a fault. I do not want you covering up because you're ashamed of what you look like, or this or that. That's a deal-breaker for me. I want to know you're comfortable with exactly who you are and aren't going to change your core values and beliefs based on popular opinion. "To thy own self be true."

- Symph

Yam

« Reply #548 on: June 02, 2011, 02:41:44 PM »
I don't even

brytta.leofa

« Reply #549 on: June 02, 2011, 03:15:46 PM »
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.