Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 862075 times)

boog

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #475 on: May 28, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
One black, one yellow. Sadly, they don't belong to me (a dog would be miserable in my apartment). I'm babysitting them this weekend.

I feel your pain, I want dogs, but just can't right now.

I have a dog, I just don't want one right now.

I'm kidding, but god she's gotten funky since I've been pregnant. She used to be territorial and is even moreso now with humans; not a soul can walk within 10 feet of my townhouse without her going batshit ... and she's never really liked other dogs; the dogs we tried to socialize her with when she was younger at the dog park used to try to fucking -eat her- but when I've been walking her lately, she stops to give every other dog kisses.

I dunno. I just dunno.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

a strange shadow

« Reply #476 on: May 30, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »
Colette Farmhouse Ale by Great Divide is a very tasty, extremely drinkable summer beer.

I'm in a happy place.

Saellyn

« Reply #477 on: May 30, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »
One black, one yellow. Sadly, they don't belong to me (a dog would be miserable in my apartment). I'm babysitting them this weekend.

I feel your pain, I want dogs, but just can't right now.

I have a dog, I just don't want one right now.

I'm kidding, but god she's gotten funky since I've been pregnant. She used to be territorial and is even moreso now with humans; not a soul can walk within 10 feet of my townhouse without her going batshit ... and she's never really liked other dogs; the dogs we tried to socialize her with when she was younger at the dog park used to try to fucking -eat her- but when I've been walking her lately, she stops to give every other dog kisses.

I dunno. I just dunno.

If it's a good dog, wait til you have a baby yo. That dog will protect it like a fiend.

Kronibas

« Reply #478 on: May 30, 2011, 02:11:47 PM »
Got a fucking english degree, quit both my jobs - tutoring and waiting tables, and now I'm drinking beer and playing Armageddon because my COMPUTER WAS REPAIRED (for a medley of prescription medication), and now I'm going to be a nomadic hustler out in Texas and Colorado for a month or two... thinking about starting up a heavily armed survivalist enclave; pm me if you're down.
Karma police, arrest this man...

Anaiah

• Legend
« Reply #479 on: May 30, 2011, 04:31:35 PM »
I think the current religion thread is the longest one I've ever seen on the GDB that didn't get locked, and for the most part, people are being very civil in the face of what is undoubtedly a passionate subject for a lot of the ones posting. It's nice to see that the GDB and community are growing up to be civil to each other. Even in the marriage thread, there was not a lot of mudslinging and hate. Difference of opinion for personal beliefs and understandably passionate responses from those who believe differently, yes, but for the most part, civil and no namecalling. Today, I am proud of the community.  :)
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

a strange shadow

« Reply #480 on: May 30, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
Same here.

Barzalene

« Reply #481 on: May 30, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »
Same here.

What will Texas do with 2 heavily armed survivalist enclaves?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Saellyn

« Reply #482 on: May 30, 2011, 04:47:32 PM »
Barz wanting to sig something I said made me pretty happy.

Anaiah

• Legend
« Reply #483 on: May 30, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »
Same here.

What will Texas do with 2 heavily armed survivalist enclaves?

Wyn 2012, Barzalene. Wyn 2012.
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
Gunnerblaster:

a strange shadow

« Reply #484 on: May 30, 2011, 04:48:43 PM »
Secede, naturally... and with me as Queen bitch.

musashi

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #485 on: May 30, 2011, 04:54:36 PM »
OMG ... the new episode of Southpark ... OMG ...
Quote from: i can haz mantis
Random Thought: Don't argue against Musasushi because.... really... you lose.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Musashi, I hate it when you're right. ;)
Quote from: Nyr
I redacted the whole redacted.

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #486 on: May 30, 2011, 07:15:41 PM »
Learning how to access and make symbolic links to shadow volumes in windows makes me super very happy because it TOOK ME SO DAMN LONG TO FIGURE OUT SO NOW I DID TAKE THAT MICROSOFT YOU THINK YOU OWN ME.

BITCH.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Barzalene

« Reply #487 on: May 30, 2011, 07:19:50 PM »
Perfume samples. I'm not sure if I'd buy Sarah Horowitz's Perfect Kiss, but I am enjoying trying it. And I picked up the chocolate note immediately.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Yam

« Reply #488 on: May 30, 2011, 10:01:05 PM »
Perfume samples. I'm not sure if I'd buy Sarah Horowitz's Perfect Kiss, but I am enjoying trying it. And I picked up the chocolate note immediately.

totally read Barzalene as brytta for a minute there

Barzalene

« Reply #489 on: May 30, 2011, 10:12:11 PM »
Would you begrudge Brytta the right to smell nice?

a strange shadow

« Reply #490 on: May 30, 2011, 10:13:29 PM »
Man, if men smelled like chocolate, I bet they'd do really well with the ladies.

Barzalene

« Reply #491 on: May 30, 2011, 10:15:40 PM »
My best friend's wife is a Christian Minister. He is a devout Christian. I talked to him a little about the idea that Christ is a get out of hell free card. And he said: My wife likes to quote The Book of James: Faith without works is dead.

Then, and it's strange we've never had this conversation in all the years we've been friends, I asked him where he stood on gay marriage and he said:

"I personally am in favor of marriage in which the partners honor and respect each other."

And I felt so glad I know him.

Barzalene

« Reply #492 on: May 30, 2011, 10:20:38 PM »

boog

« Reply #493 on: May 30, 2011, 10:57:51 PM »
Vincent D'onfrio. He is like, my only celeb crush other than Javier Bardem. Seriously.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Anaiah

• Legend
« Reply #494 on: May 31, 2011, 01:16:10 AM »
Vincent D'onfrio. He is like, my only celeb crush other than Javier Bardem. Seriously.

He's so awesomely twisted.

My top 3 female crushes:
Angelina Jolie
Drew Barrymore
Clea Duvall/Katherine Moennig tie

Top 3 Male:
Johnny Depp
Brad Pitt
Micheal Pitt

I smiled today because when I got home, I realized it was someone's birthday and I got to be the first one to wish them a happy birthday on Facebook.

It's the little things.
NOFUN:
Maxid:
Gunnerblaster:

Kismetic

« Reply #495 on: May 31, 2011, 01:28:23 AM »
My top 3 female crushes:
Angelina Jolie
Drew Barrymore
Clea Duvall/Katherine Moennig tie

My ex-wife used to look like her.  Still does a little.
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

lordcooper

« Reply #496 on: May 31, 2011, 01:37:05 AM »
Stay away from mah Johnny!
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

rishenko

« Reply #497 on: May 31, 2011, 09:50:27 AM »
Checking my mail and finding copies of the magazine whose cover is one of my photos. :D

NOFUN

« Reply #498 on: May 31, 2011, 09:56:31 AM »
My best friend's wife is a Christian Minister. He is a devout Christian. I talked to him a little about the idea that Christ is a get out of hell free card. And he said: My wife likes to quote The Book of James: Faith without works is dead.

Then, and it's strange we've never had this conversation in all the years we've been friends, I asked him where he stood on gay marriage and he said:

"I personally am in favor of marriage in which the partners honor and respect each other."

And I felt so glad I know him.

I don't think that meant he favours gay marriage, or against. If anything he dodged the question altogether.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:01:02 AM by NOFUN »
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!: KEEP THE KAWAII GOING LETS GO KAWAII !

Symphony

« Reply #499 on: May 31, 2011, 09:56:43 AM »
Having someone to send flowers to.

Why, you might ask..

The tag will say, "Just because it's Tuesday."  8)

- Symph

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".